Ragnarok

Skydiving terms and definitions...

Found this while looking around. It answered alot of questions I had. Now I can speak skydiver...

http://www.kturby.com/skydive/terms.htm

Funny, it looks remarkably like the one here ... http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=35#XYZ. Hope the guy doesn't get "Burked" by the original author. :)
I hope in your searching you have spent (or will spend) some time clicking around the *rest* of dropzone.com besides the forums. There are a lot of great articles and resources at this site to learn more about the sport.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ragnarok,

At the risk of being unpopular in a public forum, I have to say that I find your signature line:

If attaching a car battery to an Iraqi's nuts will save the life of an American Soldier, I have two things to say:
1) Red is positive
2) Black is negative

repugnant.

As a citizen of a country who's armed forces are active members of the "coallition of the willing", and are still in Iraq as members of the peacekeeping forces active in Iraq, I trust the members of my country's armed forces to act in a professional manner, within the acccepted rules of combat and peacekeeping.

Iraq has a population of well over 25 million, with a small and well organised element of what we would call terrrorists.

Terrorists are the enemy. Iraqi citizens are not. Imagine how you'd feel if a non combatant Iraqi suggested in a public forum that it was ok to perform equilivant acts on your brother or sister.

Terrorism is abhorrent. So are war crimes. Your signature hovers towards the latter.

Let me be clear. I totally support the troops we (All the countries in the C.O.T.W.) have in Iraq. I totally abhore terrorism. I think you need to rethink your sig. Whilst it's jingoistic. its sentiment is dangerous...

C.

PS Perhaps this belongs at the Bonfire.

Hope the guy doesn't get "Burked" by the original author.

burke. verb. To sue for copyright infringement.

The way it was used in the (for lack of a better word) incident at WFFC with the one guy landing in the opposite direction, "burke" seems to mean rebuke/scold/lecture/bitched at/yelled at/etc.

The way it was used in the (for lack of a better word) incident at WFFC with the one guy landing in the opposite direction, "burke" seems to mean rebuke/scold/lecture/bitched at/yelled at/etc.

Well this is almost correct.
To get "Burked" means to have (in a very diplomatic way ) your lack of good judgement pointed out to you by Bryan Burke.
For clarification he doesn't yell,bitch,scold or lecture. Yet in his calm,cool, collected manner he seems to deliver one hell of a spanking, and somehow one walks away feeling as though they deserved it ...just ask Deuce;)

Ragnarok,

At the risk of being unpopular in a public forum, I have to say that I find your signature line:
repugnant.

Let me be clear. I totally support the troops we (All the countries in the C.O.T.W.) have in Iraq. I totally abhore terrorism. I think you need to rethink your sig. Whilst it's jingoistic. its sentiment is dangerous...

C

I'm 100% American born and bred.
I'm 100% behind our troops and I'm not a pacifist.

I also 100% agree with skysurfcam's comments.
__

My mighty steed

Hope the guy doesn't get "Burked" by the original author.

burke. verb. To sue for copyright infringement.

My understanding is that to "Burke" someone is to sit on their chest and suffocate them.
__

My mighty steed

My understanding is that to "Burke" someone is to sit on their chest and suffocate them.

Umm the title thread is about skydiving definitions. Someone chose to copy his work as stated above.
For all intense purposes, the term "Burked" as referenced on dropzone.com is as I stated in my earlier post.:)

If attaching a car battery to an Terrorists nuts will save the life of an American Soldier, I have two things to say:
1) Red is positive
2) Black is negative
i understand the sentiment, so maybe it should read as above.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

What if it read this, and it basically does unless you personally know the Iraqi who's nuts are to be zapped:

If attaching a car battery to {someone who you don't know's} nuts will save the life of {someone who is protecting your freedom and country}, I have two things to say:
1) Red is positive
2) Black is negative

If you had to pick, who would it be? Sorry, that's just me being a pain in the ass. And, you're right that isn't something that should be said by a member of our armed forces or even said in this forum. But if I had to choose, I'm saving the soldier every time unless he's up against someone close to me. One more thought. Why is it you can say anything you want about a WHITE MALE, but try and say anything about anyone other than, and you're ripped apart? How do we get this thread moved to the Bonfire, 'cause this could be fun.

If attaching a car battery to an Iraqi's nuts will save the life of an American Soldier, I have two things to say:
1) Red is positive
2) Black is negative

I say let your sig FLY proudly!!! The quote says IF this will save he life of one of our soldiers .....

Let me preface my comments with I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE IN THAT THEATER OF OPERATIONS, so IF in fact it will save the life of our soldiers, I don't care whose balls you attach it to. Hell, why not start with Bush?

Repug THIS!!!

Well this is almost correct.
To get "Burked" means to have (in a very diplomatic way ) your lack of good judgement pointed out to you by Bryan Burke.
For clarification he doesn't yell,bitch,scold or lecture. Yet in his calm,cool, collected manner he seems to deliver one hell of a spanking, and somehow one walks away feeling as though they deserved it ...just ask Deuce

I feel so deprived.. I guess Iwill have to work on that when I get down there huh..:)
OH and watching JP get" Burked" ws some funny shit... you could just see him shrinking in size.....:D