hexadecimal

3 jump wonder

He's a student- hasn't even made his first AFP jump. For his next 18 jumps or so IF he makes it that far, he'll be with a jumpmaster who will make sure he has the correct sized gear and will ground him if he behaves in an unsafe manner. Its not up to Hexidecimal- as a new student himself- to police another student. He can (and plans to if I am not mistaken) express his concern to the jumpmasters, but after that its up to them. When and if he gets off student status, if he is still displaying reckless behaviour, that's a different story.

You took my comment out of context and I really don't appreciate that!

because he is your friends and you arent a professional skydiver you opinion probably doesnt mean much to him.
at least, thats how it sounds to me.

even if your opinion did mean something to him, you have no ability to change his mind. if the instructors are good they will see that attitude with in the first few jumps. if he's a real hot shot they may see it before he gets the rig on.

Im willnig to sterotype here:
NO instructor wants to be responsible for someones death/injury.

if he has a wreckless attitude they may have to give him the "you'd be a better bowler then a skydiver" speech.

your BEST option is to speak to the instructors when he is not there. let them make the decision abou this safety.

yea its a shitty feeling but you have no control in this one. jsut express your concenrs and see if they can open his eyes
My photos

My Videos

:$
ok, I figured I'd slip this here since it has a lot to do with being 'wreckless'
I feel I need to validate spmething in my life, don't know exactly what. I have 0 experience with skydiving.
I was thinking something that would be extraordinaire, and give methat feeling of "validation"-assuming I survive- is to attempt a BASE jump with a home-made chute (I'm not a rigger either). I am really smart though, I've been told, and I would read a lot of books before trying this stunt.
Should I attempt this, what are my chances of pulling through relatively unscathed?

is to attempt a BASE jump with a home-made chute (I'm not a rigger either).

I am really smart though.

That has the be the biggest oxymoron I've ever heard.

Should I attempt this, what are my chances of pulling through relatively unscathed?

What are the chances of Bush getting reelected?B|:P

ok, I figured I'd slip this here since it has a lot to do with being 'wreckless'
I feel I need to validate spmething in my life, don't know exactly what. I have 0 experience with skydiving.
I was thinking something that would be extraordinaire, and give methat feeling of "validation"-assuming I survive- is to attempt a BASE jump with a home-made chute (I'm not a rigger either). I am really smart though, I've been told, and I would read a lot of books before trying this stunt.

good one
My photos

My Videos

Just make sure and test it by jumping off of a barn into a pile of hay first;)
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I like your signature. Nobody wants to give me a percentage?

90% chance my parachute works?

oh can the barn qualifiy as "Building"

:S

First, without any proper test drops I would say chance of injury or death is as close to 100% as you could get.

Second, most barns wouldn't be enough of a drop for most professionally made parachutes to work properly, let alone a home made parachute of unknown properties.

If you really want to make your own parachute PLEASE get your master rigger's ticket first. That training would expose you to the information you would need to actually make a custom parachute and also expose you to the risks of what you are thinking about attempting. :S:S

Try not to feed the trolls- they're sort of like raccoons- as long as they find "food" they will keep coming around. :P

I know it is more then likely a troll, but just in case it was a serious post, a nugget or two of information could save his life.

~Droid

Hey Mike. I know who you're talking about, and I agree he needs a talking to. He seems a bit too interested in impressing others and not enough in learning.

I think he might suffer from a case of small penis syndrome, as his brash talk isn't limited to skydiving. Is he going to be around this weekend? I'd like to see if his solos chilled him out at all.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I dont know the guy and with 7 jumps im not in the best position to comment, but he sounds far too immature or mentally handicaped to be a skydiver.

He could be a real danger to himself, or worse others. My friend is convinced that when i complete my AFF i can take him on tandem :| I dont know how many times i need to tell him lol

[edited, cant spell]

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Hey Mike. I know who you're talking about, and I agree he needs a talking to. He seems a bit too interested in impressing others and not enough in learning.

I think he might suffer from a case of small penis syndrome, as his brash talk isn't limited to skydiving. Is he going to be around this weekend? I'd like to see if his solos chilled him out at all.

I actually sat him down in front of his mother the other night to talk to him after I found out that he told her I was "being an asshole" for not driving him to the DZ. I spent about an hour explaining to him that I didn't want to see him hurt himself, and I definitely didn't want to see him hurt someone else. At certain times I actually had to scream at him to stop him from interrupting me with ridiculous excuses and justifications.

I gave him some conditions to follow if he wanted me to bring him to the DZ again (I'll elaborate in person if I see you this weekend...), and he agreed, so we'll see what happens. Personally, I doubt he'll be able to follow the conditions I gave him... and even if he does, I doubt I'd ever get on a load with him, and I'd make sure anyone else who planned to knew exactly what they could be getting themselves into.

Don't discourage this guy ..he sounds like the future. ;)

What he needs is some decent guidance to channel his enthusiasm down paths where he won't have to repeat past mistakes .

If he's wanting to make a wingsuit .... tell him where to get some up to date wingsuit design and manufacturing advice . He might just be a total genius and invent a landable wingsuit.

If he wants to go base jumping put him in touch with some responsible base jumpers who he might respect and perhaps listen to.

If he wants to listen to music in his helmut he might be one of those rare types that can solve intricate puzzles while boppin' away to Mozart.

His inexperience concerning wing-loadings and the results of novices flying too small a canopy is an extrapolation of what is seen everyday on DZ's where novices hook- in on canopies they perhaps should never have been allowed to use.
A few videos of lethal and injurious incidents or photos of the results might get through to him about the dangers.

If a person this guy respects fills him in on a few realities then he just might listen to reason....otherwise if he's just a delusional fool caught up on his own invincibility then he'll have little trouble finding like minded people if he stays in the sport and manages to stay alive up to say jump no' 100. :S

Round parachutes used to save heaps of guys like this ... who told him about ram-airs? ...how irresponsible of you:P