Bolrog

tandum under 18

almost every dz i know of in oklahoma does....but i'm not sure which if any do in florida....unless someone answers you on here you could go to uspa.org and get numbers and call. but the guy above me is right....most dz's wont do it because of liability....i live in oklahoma...but jump in texas.....the dz's in texas dont let minors jump...Good luck! I hope you can find one!

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

At the very least, her parent or guardian will have to sign for her. If you get married, then you can sign for her. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The problem is: a lot of courts do not honor waivers signed on behalf of minors. It does not matter whether the waiver was signed by a parent, guardian or spouse, many courts do not allow anyone else to sign away a minor's right to sue after the fact.

The second issue is that Bill Booth (owner of the Uninsured Relative Workshop) will tear up the rating of any Vector or Sigma-rated instructor that he hears did a jump with a minor.

The second issue is that Bill Booth (owner of the Uninsured Relative Workshop) will tear up the rating of any Vector or Sigma-rated instructor that he hears did a jump with a minor.

Well.. I know of a few that have.. but I'm not talking.
what Bill Booth doesn't know won't hurt him...

I think you are talking about static line or aff a lot of DZs do that but not tandems.
David

Same issue still arises. In most U.S. states, a waiver signed by anyone under 18 is not valid, nor can a parent or guardian waive a juvenile's right to sue. This is the case regardless of whether it's a tandem, static line, AFF, whatever.

I took a client to Gold Coast for a tandem. He had a 14 yr old daughter that wanted to jump, I knew that wasn't going to fly but I asked anyway as I promised them I would. The answer I got was 'she has to be atleast 16 with a parent or gaurdean present' I have never saw a minor jump there, but that is what I was told. In case you don't know, Gold Coast is in Moss Point MS which is on I-10 Just as you come into MS from East, so that should not be too bad a drive from FL, I know a few people from FL that jump there alot.

Ive been skydiving for the past 4 or 5 months and my GF is wanting to do it herself as well. she is 16 and I need to know whats the closest dropzone to Titusville, FL that allows people under 18 to do a tandum. Please help.

I am pretty sure you are mistaken. Skydive space center will not allow anyone under the age of 18 to go on a tandem.

Well.. I know of a few that have.. but I'm not talking.
what Bill Booth doesn't know won't hurt him...

If that underage person gets hurt, Bill Booth, Relative Workshop, PD, and Crypes will probably be sued out of business...not to mention USPA and the drop zone. Is it reallly worth it?

I'm not a RWS TI, but isn't there a contract between the TI and RWS? And isn't there something in there about a $10,000 per incident penalty for violating the age conditions in the contract? Also, curious if this is correct if it's ever been invoked?
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I won't name any dz's because this seems to be taboo and talk of pulling ratings and what not...but i took my brother to a particualr dz to do a tandem (he is 16) and they did it no problem. He had to get parents notory signatures and what not....but other than that they were fine with it. And of course AFF and Static line also....because he continued his training with static line.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

So I am assuming that if you do tandems, then AFF (or static line) is avaliable for someone under 18 (17) my brother started jumping out here where I am stationed in Oklahoma....but moved back to Charlotte. I had called a couple of places and I got a no. Do you guys do it there at Raeford?

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

We have always taught 16 year-olds to skydive at Raeford. We have been doing so, safely, for over 35 years. We do primarilly AFF, but still offer SL to those who choose that methodology. It costs the same in the end. Under 18 we just require notarized parental consent. It helps that there is a notary about 1/4 mile up the road.

Chuck Blue
AFF/SL/TM-I, PRO, BMCI

Ive been skydiving for the past 4 or 5 months and my GF is wanting to do it herself as well. she is 16 and I need to know whats the closest dropzone to Titusville, FL that allows people under 18 to do a tandum. Please help.

I am pretty sure you are mistaken. Skydive space center will not allow anyone under the age of 18 to go on a tandem.

ok 2 things, What exactly was i mistaken about? I didn't offer an answer, strickly questions... And I take it Raeford is the clostest dropzone then?