Darryn

Your lowest Hop & Pop

Why not go to at least standard hop and pop alti?

Wouldnt it be safer to jump at alti through clouds? Then to hop and pop at a grand? Either way arent both illigal,

What do you consider standard hop & pop altitude?

While it is illegal to jump through clouds, (in the US) it is not illegal to jump from 1000 feet or even 500 feet.

so why not get the longer freefall.

A longer "freefall" in not a hop & pop.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

3500 to 5000 is what I assumed standard was. However I know a certain DZ where we pay 11 bucks and usually get to 6 grand.

As far as it not being illigal to jump from 1000, I thought I had to per my skill level and USPA deploy at 2500 and above?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Pulling while standing on the step of the Cessna was a pop and hop.

Guys like Steve Sutton who made 200 + in 24 hrs, never left the aircraft above 1000 ft.

From take off to a 360 circuit the plane was 1000 ft or less, and out he went. He quickly landed, dropped his gear and went to another aircraft, put a rig on while climbing to 1000 ft and did it again.

Bill Cole D-

Wouldnt it be safer to jump at alti through clouds? Then to hop and pop at a grand? Either way arent both illigal, so why not get the longer freefall. Sorry Im asking so much, this is a new thing for me to hear so Im curious

While the FAA can't do all that much to you as a skydiver, they can pull the pilots license for letting jumpers out in clouds. Many many many thousands of dollars go into training to get a pilot to the level where he/she can fly jumpers. Most will not risk their ticket to let jumpers out near or in the clouds.

-Dave

Skydive Radio

500 feet into a backyard party. It was supposed to be 900 as we'd just returned from bridge day, but we forgot the party was on a hill about 400 above the dropzone....

Contrary to what Airtwardo said, I found it harder to spot. We were so low that it seemed we were going much faster than normal....

In fact, it looked pretty low, but I figured it was supposed to be 900, that;s gonna look low, isn't it. So I didn't clue in we were really 500' above ground.

Fury F-111 crw canopy, missed my damned handle on the first grab, too. Later on, figuring $1.00/1000 feet of altitude, we went up to the dzo and gave him 50 cents each....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

1000', more than once.

Your poll needs more alts on the lower end.

Hell, I think it needs more alts on the higher end, too. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people who haven't even gotten out as low as 3K.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke