BlueSBDeath

Kids Go Skydiving

Here are shots of my daughter, Autumn, and two of her High School friends. One is L-Dub (Laura Wagner) and Amanda Lambert (TM).

They all attend a local High School here in NC.

Photos by a proud Dad, ME, and TM by Will Fleming of THE 82nd Airborne Free Fall Team. :)
Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Man! How cool is that..
My daughter is 17.. she begged me to wait until she was 18 so that we could jump together for the first time..
I told her I couldnt wait..lol..
I cant wait to take her when she's 18..
we had our 6 and 10 yr old in the wind tunnel.. Now all they talk about is skydiving..

That's cool. Here's my 14 year old son last year (I'm the TM).

Don't know quite what to say about a post like this that would not be censored by the moderators.
Photo attached again - in case you realize what you just did.
I'll save the profile info, in case anyone asks.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

What exactly would you say is the problem MakeItHappen? Is it illegal for kids to go skydiving? How old does the Federal Goverment say you have to be to enjoy our wonderful sport? Oh wait, they don't. Sic USPA on him? Oh wait, is Mike Mullins still on the board of directors? Cause I remember jumping with his 12 and 15 year old sons on the same jump. (not tandems, solo) So please tell us, what is wrong with that picture? If he's at a USPA dropzone ( IF ) that would be against the rules.

One of the things I really don't like about this site is the hurry everybody is in to flame other jumpers for doing something they might not do. And look at you, you've got the picture copied and his information copied like your gonna file the suit yourself. I don't know what your even trying to prove but I'd like to be the first to say that "Its none of you business" so leave him alone, and the rest of us for that matter.

I'm sure your a great guy, and if we were at the DZ right now this would be a normal conversation regarding the rules governing our sport, and we would get along great. But your post gives me the impression that your a holier than thou skygod sticking your nose in other peoples business without any real knowledge of the rules outside of USPA dropzones.

I for one would love to someday take my kid on a tandem, and who knows maybe I will.

Love the pics keep them coming,
Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

What exactly would you say is the problem MakeItHappen? Is it illegal for kids to go skydiving? How old does the Federal Goverment say you have to be to enjoy our wonderful sport? Oh wait, they don't. Sic USPA on him? Oh wait, is Mike Mullins still on the board of directors? Cause I remember jumping with his 12 and 15 year old sons on the same jump. (not tandems, solo) So please tell us, what is wrong with that picture? If he's at a USPA dropzone ( IF ) that would be against the rules.

Doesn't matter if it's against USPA rules because it is beyond the 180 days that USPA can do anything about it anyways.
But tandem MFGs, namely RWS?? --- may be a different story.

One of the things I really don't like about this site is the hurry everybody is in to flame other jumpers for doing something they might not do. And look at you, you've got the picture copied and his information copied like your gonna file the suit yourself. I don't know what your even trying to prove but I'd like to be the first to say that "Its none of you business" so leave him alone, and the rest of us for that matter.

Yaaaa - and others will say that it is my business and I'm derelict in duties if I 'look the other way' - just ask Derek.
Most of the stuff I just keep for my personal parachuting history library and write a story about it many years later.

I'm sure your a great guy, and if we were at the DZ right now this would be a normal conversation regarding the rules governing our sport, and we would get along great. But your post gives me the impression that your a holier than thou skygod sticking your nose in other peoples business without any real knowledge of the rules outside of USPA dropzones.

I think you are a little bit off here.

I for one would love to someday take my kid on a tandem, and who knows maybe I will.

Great - go get the waivers ahead of time.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

That's cool. Here's my 14 year old son last year (I'm the TM).

Don't know quite what to say about a post like this that would not be censored by the moderators.
Photo attached again - in case you realize what you just did.
I'll save the profile info, in case anyone asks.

Hi MIT

LMAO we looked at the pic first and :o to see you had a receeding hairline:D:D:D and were old enoug to have a 14 yo kid;).

Be interesting to hear Mr B aka RWS comments on the subject, since their the ones with the big stick.

R.I.P.

While you are making notes make this one. This is my eight year old son making a Tandem with myself. He had the time of his life. IN FACT the manufacturer even made him a custom harness so I can take him more safely.
This jump was done in the states at a USPA dropzone, with the DZO AND Regional director of USPA on the same load.
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

While you are making notes make this one. This is my eight year old son making a Tandem with myself. He had the time of his life. IN FACT the manufacturer even made him a custom harness so I can take him more safely.
This jump was done in the states at a USPA dropzone, with the DZO AND Regional director of USPA on the same load.

I'm curious as to what some details here are (manufacturer, region) because uspa states a tandem passenger must be 16, and RWS and Strong for sure say that the passenger must be 18. Not sure about stunts and jumpshack. And up until a year or two ago, uspa stated that a passenger must be 18, the only recently changed it to 16. Not flaming, just curious how you got away with it. I know some peeps who have taken kids in other countries htat were so small they duct taped them into harnesses.

Cheers,
Travis

Oh wait, is Mike Mullins still on the board of directors? Cause I remember jumping with his 12 and 15 year old sons on the same jump. (not tandems, solo) So please tell us, what is wrong with that picture? If he's at a USPA dropzone ( IF ) that would be against the rules.

A person can solo jump at age two if they were able and they were not jumping at a USPA dropzone. FAA states nothing of hte sort. USPA can't penalize Mike Mullens for what he did on his personal time at a private place. I seem to remember Melissa and Rook Nelson skydiving as young kids...Roger Nelson eventually became a USPA member and dropzone. Same thing. Not a problem if you aren't taking kids on tandems and aren't at a USPA dropzone.

Cheers,
Travis

Before the FAA rewrote FAR part 105 to include tandem jumping, underage tandems were illegal in the U.S. The waiver to the FAR's that made it legal to tandem jump stated that you had to comply with all the manufacturers requirements. If you did not, you were in violation of te waiver, therefore in violation of Part 105. Now that tandems are included in Part 105, the FAA doesn't care about manufacturer's requirements, just the FAA's.

*does a double take* is that?....... no it can't be...*looks again* holyshit it is!! Thats a black guy skydiving!!!:o

Thats pretty damn rare! No I'm not being racial I just NEVER see black people skydiving!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

>Don't know quite what to say about a post like this that would not be censored by the moderators.

Why would it be? It's not breaking any of the rules here on this board; it is not even illegal. Consider that someone could post a picture of someone jumping off El Cap, and even that picture might show someone doing something completely legal.

Dude thats awsome!! I got to go with my little girl (16 year old) recently. It was without a doubt the most stressfull skydive I have been on in a while. I wasn't the tandem master (no rating for them to take when I make the "list" by posting this) but I did shoot the video and stills (along with the other guys in the video concession, there were 4 vidiots in all and it seems we got the shot). I would post a pic or 50 but it seems that a "list" is being compiled, and I would not want anyone that I care about to be on said "list".

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!