RkyMtnHigh

Mister Bill

So...what's the best way to pull off a Mr. Bill?
I saw one last year which was really cool, the hanger hung on for dear life and then made a gainer off, then deployed.
Tips? What to or NOT to do?:P

Also, which jumpship is best?

so chuck...legs wrapped around low, below the other's rig? where?

I think if you do a search on Mr. Bill jumps, you will find a lot more info already posted... There are plenty info I've seen... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't let the pilot chute wrap completely around both of you. I saw that on video. One of the guys used his magic hands to quickly send the pilot chute back around the pair of them where it belonged, the canopy deployed OK, and I believe the extra time meant extra speed caused the Mr. Bill to separate at inflation.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I held harness, didn't wrap my legs around him, just straddled his hips (below pilot chute) with my knees. It was a cessna exit with a 280 Navigator borrowed from the DZ with the DZO's approval. He weighs 170 or 180, I weigh 140, so out the door it wasn't a bad wing loading. He pulled almost immediately, not even completely off the hill yet. Despite all the bets on the ground, it really was much easier than I thought to pull it off.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Also, which jumpship is best?

Twin Otter. The pilot can give you a slow jump run that makes it easier to hang on and the big cargo door makes it easier to get a stable exit into the relative wind.

A big square canopy is a better choice than something smaller and non-square because it will be less likely to do something wierd on opening that throws Sluggo off.

wear a full face and gloves. i got nasty riser burn on a failed one on the side of my neck.

the mr. bill that worked, we did two complete flips through the risers at deployment, so watch out for that.

and the easiest way to do it, IMO, is to static line the mr. bill. This way neither person has to let go with one arm to deploy.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Do not try to land it.

Its been done. Search skydivingmovies.com for mrbill.

Why should I search for a movie of something that took place 20 yards from me?

It was stupid then and it would be just as stupid now -- yeah it was cool and fun because they made it, but the chances of something going wrong ...

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Do not try to land it.

Its been done. Search skydivingmovies.com for mrbill.

Why should I search for a movie of something that took place 20 yards from me?

It was stupid then and it would be just as stupid now -- yeah it was cool and fun because they made it, but the chances of something going wrong ...

That video clip should have "don't try this at home" disclaimer on it. I wonder how many have tried it since they saw it.

We have a guy who is 5:0 on Mr. Wills... perhaps having someone IAD Sluggo, so he can use both hands to hold on.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson