Thanatos340

USPA BS!!

Just had my first experience dealing with the USPA directly. I wasnt impressed... At all.

I have been a member for 5 years. Always paid the extra to get the Magazine early.. Always contributed to the Airport Defense Fund. I needed to get my Membership renewed. Simple enough I thought.

First I tried to go to the website... Couldn’t find anywhere to renew there. So I Called and get put on hold forever. Then they finally answer, Give them my member number and credit card info.

Just a renewal. No big deal right???

That's exactly right. ;)

CLICKY

I think you're getting excessively annoyed ... considering that you let your membership expire. It seems very reasonable for the USPA office to tell you that "processing" will take a couple of weeks. They would have to deal with many more easily annoyed people if they raised expectations. As far as I'm concerned, it would make the process more inneficient if they placed a high priority on late renewals.

I've been a member for eighteen years and have never gotten annoyed at USPA. :P

Why would it take that much time to process a renewal??

I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to enter my name and address in our prescription drug program at work. Getting a prescription should be a pretty high priority. They don't seem to get any grief or not full truth slammings on the internet.

But since the cat is out of the bag now that it was not a renewal but a re-app for an EXPIRED membership, well, plan better next time or maybe renew your membership before it comes do or expires.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

But since the cat is out of the bag now that it was not a renewal but a re-app for an EXPIRED membership, well, plan better next time or maybe renew your membership before it comes do or expires.

I started my renewal in October that didn't expire until December, still don't have it. I have received a lot of emails and excuses but no card. At this point I have just given up and written it off as a donation.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I started my renewal in October that didn't expire until December, still don't have it. I have received a lot of emails and excuses but no card. At this point I have just given up and written it off as a donation.

:D:D:D pull the rug out from under em why don't ya!!

don't worry, you will get your reply...and most likely will include telling you what YOU did wrong to cause the delay :D:D:D

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Seems simple to me too. If you renew when you get your renewal form, you'll get your next year's card before the previous one runs out.

There is another solution - Lifetime Membership.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

OK.. This will be my last post on this as it seems that most people are completely missing what I was complaining about..

One last TIME....

I understand it would take time before they could send out a Card... No big deal. I just wanted a receipt for my Payment. They told me that it would take two to three weeks before they would send me a receipt and that would cost $5. I am fine with paying for them to fax me something.... What I am not fine with is being told it would take two to three weeks to before they Faxed me something unless I paid an extra $20.

As Jan pointed out.. Yes it was an Expired membership (Expired 12/31/2005). So what do they have to do other than mark the Membership paid that they would not have to do otherwise?? This is what I dont understand.

Two to three weeks to get a Card?? Understandable.
Two to three weeks to get a receipt?? NOT Understandable!!

Why was I not told about the other options when I called the USPA??

The money is NOT the issue here. I paid the exact amount I always pay. It didnt cost me anything over what I usually pay. But I do feel I was mislead. I dont see how it could possibly take two to three weeks to "Process my application" before they could send me a receipt unless I paid an extra $20.

And if it really does take that long.. Then the USPA really needs to look at their work flow process.

Was all this caused by me not renewing when I should have?? Absolutely, I never claimed otherwise. I let it lapse. That doesnt change the fact that two to three weeks to mark something paid and send a receipt is ridiculous. It also doesnt change the fact that I called the USPA directly and was not told of my options that would have made all of this unnecessary.

I was mislead - I still think that two to three weeks before they can fax you a receipt is simply NOT TRUE.

I was misinformed - There were several other options that Mike Mullins pointed out that the USPA could have told me about.

a) GM Membership database.
b) Mail Check from the DZ.
c) Online renewal and print conformation from there.

It is sad that I have to learn these things from Dropzone.com instead of from the USPA when I called them first.

To those that are completely focused on the “Renew on time next time otherwise just accept whatever they tell you” are completely missing the issue here but I doubt they will ever see what I am trying to say here. Two to three weeks to fax a receipt in today’s world is not acceptable for any Business, Group or Organization.

Was there really any thing to do other than mark my membership paid??

This is over now. I did receive my Fax the day after my call and my Card in the mail a few days later. I paid the same amount I always pay but unfortunately the extra money I usually send will not be going to the Airport defense fund as I would have preferred.

I guess no company is ever perfect. There were a few options that you learned about later, that perhaps should have been mentioned on the phone. So, somebody let you down. I doubt it was intentional. The problem has been resolved and the world is continuing to spin. Please remember, it’s only skydiving.

Now may I suggest you turn your attention to global warming, economic injustice, religious intolerance, war in the Middle East, or something else that actually matters.

Blue skies etc.,
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Oh for Christ's sake, you know you first posted this funeral dirge back on March 9th. Which prompted me to get off my ass and get my renewal - online - taken care of. Well guess what, I managed to fuck up on some credit card information. And instead of emailing me back, USPA took the slow way and mailed me a postcard, which was sort of lame.

But I still got the mess (which was MY fault) taken care of AND got my new membership card delivered in the mail on time by the end of the month.

So inspite of my own fuckup and USPA's slow way of informing me there was a problem, I still haven't missed one single day of membership.

The $49 only covers renewal, it doesn't include a fucking blowjob as well.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

As said many many times, I also just went to the website, paid to renew, when the screen came up and said my renewal was accepted (or something like that) I just printed a copy of that page, carried it in my log book until I actually received my new card. No big deal. As well as I too actually got my card in the snail mail in about 10 days.

Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344