jumpslo

A license at other DZ's?

I was wondering if you go through your AFF at one DZ can you complete the rest of the 25 jumps at other DZ's? Or do you have to stay at one until you get your A license?

"Good rule of thumb; is what you are doing the EASIEST for You? Because if it is, it ain't going to work for the people around you."

You don't have to; sometimes it's easier, but there are lots of folks who switch around DZs. Talk to your instructors at the DZ where you get your AFF, make sure that you have your paperwork to take with you to the next DZ.

Talk to the DZ where you'd like to finish your jumps and ask them about transferring into their student program. Most likely they'll tell you to bring your paperwork with you and you'll continue in their student progression.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You don't have to; sometimes it's easier, but there are lots of folks who switch around DZs. Talk to your instructors at the DZ where you get your AFF, make sure that you have your paperwork to take with you to the next DZ.

Talk to the DZ where you'd like to finish your jumps and ask them about transferring into their student program. Most likely they'll tell you to bring your paperwork with you and you'll continue in their student progression.

If they admit to the fact that other DZs exist.;)

If they admit to the fact that other DZs exist.;)

True, true, there are the DZs that like to pretend they're the only option. Let's hope he's not jumping at one. He's already asked another question about the various DZs in his region; I'm guessing the secret's out anyway. :D

I was wondering if you go through your AFF at one DZ can you complete the rest of the 25 jumps at other DZ's? Or do you have to stay at one until you get your A license?

I jumped at 4 different DZs in 3 different states to get my A license.
-Fish

Blue skies, Soft landings

Talk to your instructors at the DZ where you get your AFF, make sure that you have your paperwork to take with you to the next DZ.

I got mine a while ago. I was dating my AFF instructor at the time, he just signed off my card and recommended I pay extra for the “D” which apparently allows you to jump wherever you want.

We were in a relationship at the time and he wanted to take me to all the boogies without any hassles. I just wrote a check and my D license arrived a few weeks later. It’s the only license letter I’ve ever had.

What is the difference between them anyway?

Angelina

So what you are saying that your instructor used his little head, instead of his biig head... Including the ethics of this......

So what does that make you out to be>>>>>

No response needed as I and others know.....ore
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I got mine a while ago. I was dating my AFF instructor at the time, he just signed off my card and recommended I pay extra for the “D” which apparently allows you to jump wherever you want.

We were in a relationship at the time and he wanted to take me to all the boogies without any hassles. I just wrote a check and my D license arrived a few weeks later. It’s the only license letter I’ve ever had.

Yeah. I haven't even jumped yet, but that doesn't sound right. Actually sounds dangerous.

"Good rule of thumb; is what you are doing the EASIEST for You? Because if it is, it ain't going to work for the people around you."

Talk to your instructors at the DZ where you get your AFF, make sure that you have your paperwork to take with you to the next DZ.

Angelina

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hope for your boyfriends sake his name doesn't get out because he will lose his rating.

You need to dump this guy as your skydiving instructor/mentor. He is doing you no favors.

Please read the SIM and talk to other instructors that don't mind with hassles.

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

If you look at this thread, http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2189671;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread, there's reason to suspect "she" might be a troll, saying outrageous things to get a rise out of people. We'll see. Should be interesting to see what other little gems "she" posts over the next few days.

If you look at this thread, http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2189671;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread, there's reason to suspect "she" might be a troll, saying outrageous things to get a rise out of people. We'll see. Should be interesting to see what other little gems "she" posts over the next few days.

I think your right. There is no license number. Probably someone just messing around on here. Haha we'll call these people "the trolls"

If AngelinaLewis is a troll, she sure as shit got a rise out of a few of you, which is generally what a troll is aiming for.

Now, I went to public school, and admit to not being the sharpest egg in the hen, but I think she is just being humorous.

Admittedly, her comments might be more appropriate for The Bonfire, but the world needs more funny. I know I laughed out loud.

;)

Certainly once you are cleared to self jumpmaster. I did exactly that, fleeing a bad situation.

It's more awkward to do so within the AFF progression, as DZs have many variations and may not accept passed levels at other locations.
---
seems like with the 4 page A sheet used by the ISP program, it should be easier to move about even sooner, but best to ask the others.

What's your motivation? Weather? Instructors? DZO?

I've now jumped at 3 DZs in two countries, and I only have my AFF and one solo :D

It largely depends on the DZ. Some places will want to do a checkout / coached jump with you, even though you have your AFF. This is just to make sure that you are safe, as they didn't see you for your AFF.

As far as I am aware, each jump counts towards your A, no matter where you do it. The only issue is getting the DZ to allow you to jump. Others may correct me if I am wrong on this :D

Most of the DZ's are about the same drive time for me which is from an hour to 2 hours. I just thought it would be cool to check them all out. Plus since im on the coast Lompoc is known for getting too windy a lot so it would be nice (if its calling for wind) to jump other DZ's after my AFF, but before my license.

To me this not only makes your instructor a low life in that he used his LITTLE head instead of his Big head to get you certified. It sort of violates some ethics that I am sure you done have with out some legs being spread........

Sure glad I dont know you......

As you can just be called........ore...

Just my two cents on this subject...
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I did all my AFF at Perris, then did my first coach jump and solo at elsinore. My other two coach jumps were at Perris, but I switched back and forth between the two DZs without any problem. As long as your logbook is well maintained and accurate, you'll be fine. If you're not going between two local DZs, the new one may call your old DZ for verification. Elsinore didn't do that with me, but they recognized the names of the instructors, since the two DZs are only about 15 miles apart.

Most of the DZ's are about the same drive time for me which is from an hour to 2 hours. I just thought it would be cool to check them all out. Plus since im on the coast Lompoc is known for getting too windy a lot so it would be nice (if its calling for wind) to jump other DZ's after my AFF, but before my license.

If you just want to log in a few fun solos that count toward your 25, not harm done, but there may be some scrutiny. There is an advantage to sticking to one place where you can get the same AFF-Is to work with you in the sky and on the ground to sign off all the bullet points on the skills sheet.

I did my AFF primary at one place (with 4 in the middle elsewhere), then all the remaining student jumps at a third. And then, yeah, I went touring California.

I jumped at 4 different DZs in 3 different states to get my A license.

4 in three countries - and I still don't have mine B|
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Make sure your logbook is up to date and your ISP card is signed off and there should be no problem. I jumped at three different DZ's in 3 states to get my A. No problems.

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440