Jeth

Do you wear your wedding ring when you jump?

This weekend on the plane I noticed several guys who had on wedding bands. I have never worn my wedding ring while jumping because it's an expensive diamond and I don't want to risk it coming off and/or catching something/someone in freefall. (Not to mention I don't want to thrash it while packing.)

I was just curious if any women wear their diamond rings? If you just have a band, do you wear that? (guys or ladies) I saw some pretty nice diamond bands on some hands. I think I'd be paranoid about losing it/trashing it so I still wouldn't wear that if I had one.

Just curious about people who do.
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I never take it off. Then again its a titium band(I think thats how you spell that):P Anyway its a plain band no stones no design. I've been trying to get my wife to jump and if see actually does, you better believe she's taking hers off. I'm still paying for that one!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------
Eat, Drink and Jump for tomorrow we die.....
------------------------------------------------

If I'm wearing gloves, I'll usually wear the rings. But a vast majority of the time, it's off. I don't like packing with my rings on either. The engagement ring, even though it's small, snags too easily. So the rings are off basically call summer.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

If I'm wearing gloves, I'll usually wear the rings. But a vast majority of the time, it's off. I don't like packing with my rings on either. The engagement ring, even though it's small, snags too easily. So the rings are off basically call summer.

Yep, same here. I just don't want to have to worry about it, so it stays at home when I'm at the dz. (Whether I wear gloves or not.)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

It would be interesting to see the same poll divided for men and women.

I agree with your change for the poll.
I wear my ring, but I wear gloves. I wouldn't want to wear it without using gloves. Doing wind tunnel you learn not to (when you learn NOT to grab the net)!!

But Alysse takes hers off, even though she wears gloves.... of course her's have stones in them too....

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

My wife and I both leave our rings on the ground when we jump.

We do it partly because we'd hate to lose our rings, but much more importantly we leave our rings on the ground because we'd hate to lose our fingers.

Gloves do not protect fingers from snags, there's countless examples of industrial incidents where people have lost fingers while wearing rings, even while wearing gloves.

Snagging on the bar or door during exit, or on lines during deployment are all possibilities that can literally tear fingers off - even while wearing gloves. [:/]

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I don't wear mine....to avoid the possibility of debridement...thanks for the pic...that speaks louder than anything I've ever seen on this topic.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Mine is a metal band with a design, but no stone. Sometimes I leave it on the ground with my car keys, etc, but if I'm wearing jeans, sometimes I stick it way down in the change pocket of the jeans. So far so good...

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

"Still gonna wear a ring? "

Yes.

You could post a picture of someone who had gone in and ask if people were still going to jump as well. You may limit these risks but there are a dozen more snag hazzards on my rig itself than my low profile ring on my hand. I could break my fingers catching my alti strap on something - should I leave my alti behind too?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

That's shitty logic but you win the big slice of pie because you can do what you want. It's part of the joy of buying your own ticket. But thanks for throwing up a scenario that I can drop like dominos. You need an altimeter to skydive; you don't need a ring. And yes, when you're engaged in something in which you could snag your altimeter, like CRW you place it elsewhere.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

"why wear a ring and risk losing a finger?"

Why jump and risk death or serious injury? I mean if your going to stop doing something to lower your risk, that would be the best way. How many fingers have been ripped off while skydiving? Lots of things could happen. Millions of jumps every year, and how many times has it happened.

more importantly we leave our rings on the ground because we'd hate to lose our fingers.

ding

though I wonder how many dopes take off their rings still have tons of crap looped through their faces

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Do you really? Altimeters can fail, like all devices...your eyes are great altimeters.

Yes, and I've had an altimeter fail. But luckily I had a ring on so...oh wait.:ph34r:
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher