Peej

I can't concentrate on anything else...

Maybe this will wear off.

(Hysterical laughter...trailing off into awkward silence...)

Thought i was actually flying on my first track the other day!!!

You were, man, you were!

I feel frustrated at not being able to communicate this to the grounded!!

They don't know. They JUST DON'T KNOW...

:)

Chad

good friends, blue skies, and sweet, sweet altitude...

It gets worse.

For the first time in months of distraction, I find I don't have to work on the weekends. Finally I can do the last stage of AFF!

Err... no.

Two weeks in a row, grounded by high winds. Now this weekend I have to be 800km from the DZ I'm learning at.

Count on it, I'm not going to be able to concentrate on the job, not with this here window seat.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I so feel your pain, brother. I've got it too, seems science would try to create a drug to quell the CONSTANT, PAINFUL yearning and endless hours of sleeplesness wishing to be flying BUT hey what a fuckn waste of money. Just buy another ride. Peace and hopefully this excitement I feel constantly will last forever. The force IS with me. Blue skies. Michael
Party like it's $19.99

Way to dig into the archives for this one! :D

Im into the sport for over 5 years now. The more I jump the more I think about it, the better I get, the more i jump...

I walked out of the office yesterday for lunch and it was 86F, low humidity, and no wind with crisp blue skies. I wished I was up there...
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

good, so it's not just me then....

12 jumps into my student career I got sidelined by a previous injury that bothers me in freefall. I am now finally getting the surgery that I should have had 10 years ago for the sole purpose of getting back in the air. I am in the process of filling my head with all things skydiving to fill the void until the spring. It's going to be a loooong winter for both me and the people close to me :ph34r:
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

I completed AFF a few months back, have my A and my Cat II and am finding incredible joy in every aspect of the sport - free flying in particular - there's only one problem...I just can't focus on anything else!

Apart from spending everything i have on gear and jumps, i catch myself driving around on weekdays with my head out of the window looking at the sky muttering "what a great day for jumping", i spend about 2 hrs a day online reading up on the sport and i'd rather get to bed early on a sat nite and be at the DZ for the first load on a sunday.

Oh and i'm seriously entertaining thoughts of tossing the job and hitting the states to log jumps.

I was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem when they started jumping?

I am so there right now

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I would be there too - but I'm waiting for my spine and ribs to heal. At least I broke them jumping ...

Know what another poster meant about smelling 'jet fuel' - every time a truck drives past and the diesel fumes hit me, I feel a little rush ... wierd.

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

Im addicted to skydiving. I only have 11 jumps but I cant keep my mind from wandering off to something skydiving related. If skydiving came in powdered form Id be doing lines of it right now while on dz.com. Im a college student so really the only thing that will take my mind off skydiving is chicks, beer, or an upcoming test.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Wow, that's is a really old post of mine you dug up! I think that was from when i'd just started posting on DZ.com.

Since then i have probably around 550 more skydives than i had then, i've broken bones thanks to a botched riser turn, spent some time in the states skydiving and you know what? I still feel exactly the way i did when i wrote that! :D

Keep at it, every time i make another skydive the sport just gets better and better!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Indeed, those cutaway thoughts are ever-recurring. The only thing stopping me is the potential 50%+ paycut, and the fact that the financial disparity is only gonna grow the longer i leave it.

It's a sorry state of affairs where one forfits doing something they love for chasing a mouse 7+ hours a day. [:/] All respect to those who make the jump.

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Wow, that's is a really old post of mine you dug up!

That's why I dug it up. Come back in three years and many of the passionate responses here will be silent.

t

Thank you for finding it :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I feel for you i truly do. I couldnt be stuck inside all the time. So i simply solved the problem. I went and got a Job in a helicopter. Now the only problem is im up in the air all the time but they wont let me jump out from 13k. lol.

Blue skies
Loki
Life is easy. You make choice's and you never look back..

lol, welcome to the sport! its the first thing a think about when i wake up, and its the last thing i think about before i got to bed! I cant picture life without jumpin right now. ive done 472 jumps since last feb, 250 jumps since june.... and im only 21!!!!! I am currently cutting away my $50,000 a year job to go fly camera! So YES, you are not the only one to have these feelings and desires! my suggestion........ CUT AWAY!

I feel for you i truly do. I couldn't be stuck inside all the time. So i simply solved the problem. I went and got a Job in a helicopter. Now the only problem is im up in the air all the time but they wont let me jump out from 13k. lol.

Blue skies
Loki

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's because helicopter pilots get nose bleeds if they fly above 1,000 feet!
Hee!
Hee!

Rob Warner
retired Sea King technician

Wow, that's is a really old post of mine you dug up!

That's why I dug it up. Come back in three years and many of the passionate responses here will be silent.

t

I was noticing that many that posted 3 years ago stopped logging on shortly after they posted.

I just wanted to make sure that I posted something so when this gets dug up in three years from now, I be able to say, "See, there I was then. Here I am now!", but hopefully with hundreds of more jumps and just as much passion.

Note to self in 2009--You had 128 jumps (B, Silhouette 170), largest formation dive 8 way (twice), 1 naked jump, and only one reserve ride (the two out jump).

You know.. I'm kind of having the same feeling... considering I'm on here posting instead of doing homework and studying for 2+ tests next week... and only with 14 jumps so far, I'm guessing this isnt a temporary feeling.

=) can't wait to jump again!

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-

I completed AFF a few months back, have my A and my Cat II and am finding incredible joy in every aspect of the sport - free flying in particular - there's only one problem...I just can't focus on anything else!

Apart from spending everything i have on gear and jumps, i catch myself driving around on weekdays with my head out of the window looking at the sky muttering "what a great day for jumping", i spend about 2 hrs a day online reading up on the sport and i'd rather get to bed early on a sat nite and be at the DZ for the first load on a sunday.

Oh and i'm seriously entertaining thoughts of tossing the job and hitting the states to log jumps.

I was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem when they started jumping?

I have this problem at only 14 jumps...glad to know it probably wont go away at 630ish :D

Nah whenever Im at work and go outside, or whenever Im outside in general I always find myself looking up and evaluating the sky. I used to catagorize the weather so many different ways now its only jumpable or non-jumpable.

Balance in life is the key;) Trust me, I really know what I'm talking about. There is more to life then skydiving.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy skydiving, but I also enjoy other things in life.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Peej,

I'm new to the sport, just six jumps so far (Level 5 tomorrow!), but I'm the same way. I'm not quite to the point where I could ditch the cube to jump full time. But the job is paying for the jumps. I'm always looking out the windows too. Take a look at the attachment for the view out my office. Mile Hi is just to the right of Longs Peak in the picture. So, not only can I see the mountains, but I see the air that I fall through on weekends. Frustrating! I sold one of my trucks already to help pay for jumps, and the other is going up for sale in a couple of weeks to pay for gear.

So, you're not alone, and I'm in very good company...

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.