DougH

Dual rodeos, w/ a linked exit

Does any one have any tips for a successful linked exit for a pair of rodeos.

We tried exiting like a tandem, both bulls sitting on the floor, and the riders pushing us out while we held grips. That really put the fun in funnel.

Once both pairs let go we were stable in no time. :D

I think rodeo RW would be a freaking blast if we could pull it off. :o
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Linkie no clickie. :ph34r:

I allways thought of it as a bull and rodeo rider, because of a video I saw on skydiving movies. The rodeo was anything but stable in the video, and it looked like bullriding. :D

Corey, just blaim it on Fish. Thats what I do when ever my dives go to shit, even if he isn't at the DZ that day. :P
=P

Linkie no clickie. :ph34r:

I allways thought of it as a bull and rodeo rider, because of a video I saw on skydiving movies. The rodeo was anything but stable in the video, and it looked like bullriding. :D

Corey, just blaim it on Fish. Thats what I do when ever my dives go to shit, even if he isn't at the DZ that day. :P

yeah- its always his fault. maybe he should start bowling.

but did you backfly the hill
-Fish

Blue skies, Soft landings

Im with the other poster, launch then mount.

I was on an 8way/4 way rodeo. We launched the 8 way out of the back of the casa, got the round stable and then the 4 riders got on and we tried doing 4 way :D

I have some kickass video of it, but not on puter and I believe it is copyrighted too [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

That sounds like a great way to do it. So how do the riders just "get on". I visually them almost doing a cat, and then pulling themselves up onto backs of the bulls. :)
=P

What we did was this.

The Horses made a 4 way, the riders reached over and grabbed hold of the top of the rigs of the horses basically hanging on where riser covers are, one arm reached across..and on que just floated our legs up and over and mounted...:)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I think rodeo RW would be a freaking blast if we could pull it off

Rodeo RW is a blast when you can pull it off.

I don't think launching the rodeo is the right idea. Instead, launch as normal then have people "mount up".

See attached,

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

We've launched an 8-way rodeo (4-way star, each with a rider) out of a skyvan and it worked beautifully. We were all actually kinda shocked.

I'm trying to think of the best way to launch a two way rodeo out of an otter...

You'd probably want to have one bull side-bodied on the other as rodeos really want to roll to one side or the other on exit. Having the two roll axes not be aligned will give you some added stability. I'd put one rider all the way in the back of the door, outside, facing the prop with the bull in front of them. Their bull would be head-jamming, shoulders about halfway between facing the prop and square with the door and with side body grips on the other bull. The other bull will be facing out of the plane, and the second rider would have to be... hmm... yeah I don't have a mockup handy so it's hard to picture where I'd put the second rider. I'm sure they'd fit somewhere, but you might have to play with it a bit.

Beyond that, on exit, the two bulls have to present really well, and be prepared to fight a bit to keep it from folding in half. The two riders should stay close to the bulls' backs to keep the CG reasonably low, and avoid shifting around as much as possible.

/edited to add: oh yeah, and don't forget to get video :P

We suscessfully launched two rodeo's out of an otter once. I was in the rear of the door facing the wing with my girlfriend behind me to ride. My friend was in the front of the door facing the tail with his girlfriend sitting on his chest. We launched it like that only having grips on upper arm. Amazingly it flew very nice till about 8K when we broke it and built a four way round.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.