jraf

Low openings - how its done!

It is an Antonov indeed. It's got skids instead of wheels cause its a real winter jump. Its got the full red star on the tail. The song is the song of Soviet Paratroopers and the guy in the last shot is weraing a Soviet para helmet. Cool.

I am just not sure why theu bothered with the hand deployed belly mounts. There is no way they would have time to throw that entire thing out.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

100meters PAH!

In 1990 my jump 129 & 130 were demo jumps for a German company (AC&S), using a modified T-10.
The demo was S/L from 60meters.
I did one near Fredrichshaven (actually turned out to be less than 60M.... as I landed on the rooof of some old guys house;)) and the other outside Tel Aviv on nice soft sand:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

No, (the 11 Sept crime was in 2001. My demos were in 1990).
It was a low altitude Quick opening Round parachute (modified T-10) designed for the military.

I'm trying to find some photos to scan in....

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I am just not sure why theu bothered with the hand deployed belly mounts. There is no way they would have time to throw that entire thing out.

if they have a hangup on the static line, they climb to 300m (1k ft) so the parachutist can cut the risers and deploy the reserve.

Russians invented the snowboard to put under the AN-2 :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And the canopy is D1-5U with special static line configuration - there is no pilot chute, and the static line is directly attached to the deployment bag (which looks like LONG nylon sausage).
Of course, the d-bag itself is not attached to the canopy :)
This type of jumps was very popular in Soviet army for beginners or low pulls. I did four such jumps, but from ~1800ft.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Hi bazelos,

At 00.35 seconds, there appears to be a yellow thingy flying in front of the canopy at very high speeds. It's definaltely to fast to be another canopy (I think) wich should be elliptical or very small to attain high speeds like that. Do you maby know what is? Someone's shoe maby? :) Something from the plane, something that came loose during the jump, a piece/part of the canopy? You have to watch really close and maby even pauze the screen to see it.
I'm just curious.

the blues

eli
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

At 00.35 seconds, there appears to be a yellow thingy flying in front of the canopy at very high speeds.

Maybe it's a wind drift indicator? I think a WDI looks more like a streamer and usually gets dropped earlier in the dive sequence, but I could be wrong. The relevant frames are attached.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

The song is the song of Soviet Paratroopers and the guy in the last shot is weraing a Soviet para helmet.

Have you got an English translation of the words of that song? I recognize the "Pa-ra-chu-tist-a" part of it but I'm lost on the rest. Thanks!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I've done a couple of those 80-100 m jumps. Yes it is D1-5U and yes we also had belly reserves and knives (not hook knives, real stuff). Thank god I never had to use one:S. Who knows if one will die because of knife wounds or because of hard landingB|.

By the way the reserve also helps from the dragging in the winter (I once had to ride for 1km on my belly before falling down into ravine from 2 meters, thankfully there was a lot of snowB|)

Here is translation of the first part of the song (not one for one, but close):

Keep straight line boys
we march on soviet land
we serve in wingy (not sure if this is a word) paratroopers where one has to be eagle

for us paratroopers, it is very comfortable in the clear sky
we are light on our feet (on lift off)
we will stop trouble-makers
one should not play with fire

The service is not easy, however, paratrooper can handle everything
Like an angel he descends from the sky
But he fights like a devil

for us paratroopers, it is very comfortable in the clear sky
we are light on our feet (on lift off)
we will stop trouble-makers
one should not play with fire

etc...