dweeb

Case of beer question.

Next week, I'll get signed off and get my A license.

Will I owe a case of beer for this?

yes you owe one. if you have had the same (or mostly the same) instructors throughout your aff course, find out what they drink and get that :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yes you owe one. if you have had the same (or mostly the same) instructors throughout your aff course, find out what they drink and get that :)
or split the difference and get a 12 of green bottles and a 12 of a beer that's popular at your DZ.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

or split the difference and get a 12 of green bottles and a 12 of a beer that's popular at your DZ.

:| Read the beer rules!

ONE for the A....

One for not K N O W I N G !
;)

I like the green bottles idea, good advice...is that the first time you gave it?
....to HIM?!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey, I wanted to read the Beer Rules link you posted, but its just a picture of a well-stocked mini-fridge with no text about rules (unless its just because I'm on a mac). Is there any other comprehensive list?

You did try scrolling down the page, right?

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Is this also the first time you've posted a question on dz.com?!?!;)

Here's the trick, if you think you may owe, just bring in beer regardless, if you do something for the first time, bring it in. and if you didn't do anything wrong or anything for the first time, brign it anyways. I almost always show up at the DZ with beer, get ahead, cuz when you start doin stupid shit, you'll already have your beer in teh fridge:P
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Is this also the first time you've posted a question on dz.com?!?!;)

Here's the trick, if you think you may owe, just bring in beer regardless, if you do something for the first time, bring it in. and if you didn't do anything wrong or anything for the first time, brign it anyways. I almost always show up at the DZ with beer, get ahead, cuz when you start doin stupid shit, you'll already have your beer in teh fridge:P

Yup GQ....:)

THOSE ARE the beer rules! ;)

You know, I hardly even drink anymore, but it's almost funny how well things go for ya, if you observe the beer advisory above...B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

From cottonsonline.com (The one linked above)

The Beer Rules

An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of beer almost as much as flight itself. A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of beer (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of beer, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one's jump career. It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such beer enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities. It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a "first"). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to "weasel" a case of beer out of a jumper for an inauspicious event. Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying beer. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive. First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate). If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required. Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others. Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers. It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving one's worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of his choice. These articles are ironclad and binding. For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S & TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time.

-Completing the student course of instruction
-First four way
-First eight way
-First CRW
-First time in the peas
-First night jump
-First kiss pass
-First competition
-First water jump
-First naked jump
-First jump on your own pack job
-First dead center (measured by a judge or electronic scoring pad on a three or five cm disc)
-First jump on a new main or new rig (purchased, not borrowed)
-Any license, award, rating, or badge
-Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist" Magazine
-Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death
-Any jump ending in "00"
-First cutaway/reserve ride
-First jump from an aircraft not normally used at home drop zone
-First jump at a new drop zone
-First demo jump
-First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)
-Vomiting in the airplane or on another skydiver
-First round canopy jump (Geez, used to be the other way around)
-First broken bone
-First camera jump

A skydiver's famous last words:
- Hey! Hold my beer, and watch this...!
- If that guy can do it, so can I...!
- In 9 out of 10 this will work out just fine. Don't worry about it...!

Thanks for the copy and paste, I guess its either my browser or just the fact that nothing works with macintosh. It seems like if a new skydiver progressed quickly he or she could spend quite a bit on just the booze. How drunk do the people at DZ usually get? I hope its not 2 beer, "responsible" celebration (of course I mean after the last jumps of the day).

Oh it is SO bad luck. Maybe it is just my superstitious self, but celebrating something you have not done yet is just asking for trouble.

Either way, pre-buying is great. Just post-buy too. Otherwise it angers the Beer Gods.

- Dan G

you know come to think of it i did just yell at the new guy on my team the other week for trying to get ahead on his cherry teammate dues, guess I should follow my own rules huh:P;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower