Beer

How big (or small) is your DZ?

You take great pics

Thanks for the flowers.:$

I am taking that shit and storing it for windows backgrounds.

No problem glad you like it/them that much you want to have a background of something I took, better your enjoying my work then the image sitting on a cd in my collection, collecting dust and no one enjoyng them but me. But next time I make it to your home DZ the first round better be on you.:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Strat - I don't mean to keep blowing sunshine and happiness up your ass, but if you ever come up to STI, you'll be treated to more than just a round !! I don't recall if I mentioned this before, but I've taken at least 3 or 4 of your pics recently. You have posted some amazing pics.
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

my d.z. has 1200 ft. runway (porter only uses 1/2 of it to take off, otter needs traffic control on road just incase!)
Abbotsford D.Z. Vancouver B.C. Canada-
Skydive Vancouver

Hangar carpeted for inside packing, -beauty glassed in deck (bar)- ghetto for free camping length of grass field, -deck with fire pitt, -comfy inside hang with pot stove, -fuel planes onsite, can see Vancouver & Vancouver Island, Baker Mnt. on climb to altitude............couldn't ask for anything more in a d.z.!!!!!!
:P:P
fraser valley green farms surrounding for outz except some are blueberry fields, corn, cottonwood trees growing to extract the chemicals from the ground and then chopped down for toilet paper!)

Hey, never had a problem landing on 1200ft dz, cannot believe this is considered a small d.z. compared to yours!!!

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

hey!....
happy new year to you to!
small world eh?
Debbie took the pic I attached (it is up at the website), still wanna see your pic anyway, so post it...(luv pics of my dz!)

Have you checked out the new website and t-shirts at the shop? http://www.vancouver-skydiving.bc.ca/shop.html

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I jump at Cushing, Oklahoma and as you can see there's a lot of room on the airport. The tank farm east of the airport and the prison just southwest of the airport are not good places to land, though. Zoom out a little and you'll see that like many places in the western half of the US, it's like jumping on to a sheet of graph paper.

Shameless promotion: http://members.cox.net/eule/ is a compilation of Google Earth placemarks for dropzones. Not all of them have the landing areas marked but some of them do.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

BEER!

It's not that the landing area at Danielson is so small that makes it a real challenge. It's the fact that it's so small AND it's surrounded by trees AND there are no outs AND it's on a hill.

Oh yeah, AND the fact that, because it's surrounded by trees and a funky shape, the wind direction on upper part of the field can be 90 degrees off from the wind direction on the lower part of the field.

Dougie's right: once you've mastered landing at Danielson, anywhere else will seem like cake. You should come with us to CPI or Jumptown!

I don't know if California City is big or small, but it's very tall, sometimes all the way to 14,000 feet AGL

:)
I dunno...I'd say the landing area's pretty small at Cal City. There aren't too many outs that I'm aware of.

Yep. Definitely not a place you'd want to be tracking. Or jumping a hot air balloon. And certainly not flying a wingsuit (oh, my). :D

Here's Skydive Pennsylvania. We're about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. The runway is 1 mile long for reference. It doesn't look like it but there are actually several outs outside of the picture. We're lucky because all of the farmers in the area don't mind if we land in their fields. Though I think it helps that our DZO takes a case of beer to each one every month as a way of saying thanks. :D

I did a Google Earth folder for Skydance here:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2370857#2370857

It looks like everything is now off a second to the west though.

We no longer have 2 PAC's, as one got leased out. Don't forget experienced skydivers land anywhere in the northern field. The gravel runway is used by swoopers.

Our main landing area at the Above the Poconos Skydivers in Hazleton, PA is about a mile long.

We also have two extra landing areas, one over 50 acres and a smaller one surrounded by farms that features a beautiful pond with a three tiered fountain.

These auxiliary landing areas are about 500 ft lower in elevation than our normal airport.

Skydive Kamloops... kamloops, BC, Canada

big landing area..
Blue is the main landing area.
lotsa outs to the west but the city is to the east
Red is for highperformance landings during our
"40th Annual MAYMEET 2007 may 18-21, 2007"
The green is the sandbar which is swoopable in the early spring and late fall when the water is down.
The purple is my farthest out landing.
We have a 182 normally and during the maymeet we have at least an Otter, other aircraft have been known to show.. a king air on standby, the odd huey every once in a while, and even a focker has been known to drop jumpers here!! (before my time)

Corey -

Waaaaaay smaller than CPI. You'll see...

Here's a closer pic
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Skyjeeper/Random%20stuff/capturedata1315377-1.png[/img]

Under normal conditions we come from the west, turn North and turn West for the final leg.
Now with light winds turning onto the final leg at the treeline sitting at 800 feet with an exit weight of 204 under a Clipper 194 (f-111, manufactured in 84) I'll end up in the trees on the other side of the landing area.

You can't tell from the pics, but the field slopes down to the west and south of the orange arrow it drops off pretty good. Not to mention it isn't mowed all the way to the trees anymore.
And don't forget about the barbwire fence, right Guy? (where's he been?)

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

Seriously, it depends on many factors. For instance: When we jump from a big (faster) plane at 17.000f , our drop zone turns out to be very small for the people who land out :P

Picture included
Gonzalo

It cannot be done really means I do not know how to do it ... yet