dgw

63 year old plans to break Kittinger's record this month

I call bullshit...he's been trying this since 2000.
I think he needs more money, hence the publicity.
Every year there has been a new reson - or none at all - as to why it gets delayed yet again.
Maybe he's a professional fundraiser?

I'd like to see him do it though!

Well, you may be right.

However, it looks like the project is at the stage where money is no longer an issue, (based on the article). The cited factor likely to prevent the attempt is the weather, which is a relatively cheap overhead.

I guess time will tell.

Fournier must hope that he has better luck than the amateur skydiver who tried three times to break Kittinger’s record in the 1960s. On his third attempt, his visor opened at 57,000ft. He fell into a coma and died four months later

What is this part about? Never heard of this

MB 3528, RB 1182

I'll get excited AFTER it happens. Been hearing about this for more than 7 years.

So which do you think will happen first? Fournier's jump, or victory in Iraq?:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wonder how marksmanship is going to help him...... maybe in case he needs to shoot the balloon????? Or did I read his training wrong??

The same way that yoga will help: with mental concentration and getting in tune with your body and external factors around you.