stratostar

selling on DZ.com classifieds

People if your going to take the time to post your used gear in the classified ad's, don't you think that someone looking for what your selling just might want to know the needed information about what you have for sale.:S

Like size of container or the size of canopies you had in it, size of the harness, how many jumps on a canopy your selling ECT.:ph34r:
And how about the real stupid ones who don't fill out your profile and have your PM's turned off, YET leave no contact info, no wonder we had to invent AAD's!

For god sakes some of you people write some really shitty ad's, it's no wonder your crap don't sell !:P

Why not do everyone a big favor and and write a real ad and tell people what the hell it is you have for sale and give all the needed info to your buyers,
and put a photo of it up too or we'll think your selling junk you don't want anyone to see.:o

End of rant on ad's that suck!:)

To greenies sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I would also like for people to be nice enough to reply to someone who is interested in the gear they have for sale even if they allready sold it. Somthing like sorry I sold it allread would be really nice.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

One of my pet peeves is people advertising a "Specter" or a "Triathalon" or a "Saber". Lemme see...do I really want to do business with someone who can't even copy the name on the label?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

do I really want to do business with someone who can't even copy the name on the label?

OTOH that someone also might have no real clue about the second hand value of the goods he is selling.... :D:D:D

That can be tiresome (telling someone that parachute gear can devaluate fast) but a couple of years ago a local that gave up jumping asked if he could leave an ad at the message board of my place. The ad said "Price negotiable" and since I was busy and not really keen on that gear I didn't bother to ask him what he wanted for his stuff.
Some other jumper bought the whole rig for the asking price. Later I found that the rig had a 2 year old cypres and the cypres value calculator gave a value below the price he paid for al the stuff so he basically had a free rig and a cheap cypres to go with it... B|

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

One of my pet peeves is people advertising a "Specter" or a "Triathalon" or a "Saber".

That doesn't bother me near a much as the folks who list complete rigs or harness and container systems, and don't list any sizes! And then there's the ones that don't seem to understand that the container size and the harness size are two different things!!! doh!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Buyers can be equally lame too though. I can't count how many times people have asked me questions that the answers to are _in_ the ad. I mean, do skydivers have ADD so bad they can't even finish reading the ad before asking. :P

That, and when people ask for _more_ pictures. Seriously, how many pictures of a canopy do you need? Especially when it's stock or a solid color. :|

I've sold a ton of gear on here and always get a few silly questions with every ad I post.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

do skydivers have ADD so bad they can't even finish reading the ad before asking

Huh?

do skydivers have ADD so bad they can't even finish reading the ad before asking

Huh?

Oh.
Yeah, I guess so.
Reading what ad?

His profile does say what his gear is if thats any help :-)

I noticed that too, and probably should have mentioned it to be fair! That point alone makes me wonder even more why he didn't list it in the ad though... he actually does know what he's jumping!

That short term memory loss is a bitch! And yes, I know from personal experience! :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Great thread! This has also been one of my pet peeves. People post ads with no picture, no DOM, no serial #, no jump numbers, no mention of where the gear is located, etc.
I don't even look at it if there is no picture and I certainly would never buy something without the serial number. (might be stolen)

A few months back I saw a conopy I was interested in. There was a good photo and a pretty decent description of it but no DOM or serial number. I sent the guy an email and he says "I have no idea what the DOM or serial number is". I had to explain to him it was written on that big orange tag in the picture but I couldn't quite read the numbers.

By golly I was right, it was printed right there on the tag. DOH!:S

The other one you see all the time goes something like this;
Wanted: Sabre 150.

...And right underneath it;
For sale: Sabre 150....too funny.

On the positive side I have bought and sold a lot of gear through the classifieds and so far been very pleased with the results. But I only do business with people who give complete and detailed descriptions and fill out their profile. A phone number so we can talk in person is also a plus but not mandatory.

PS if you look at that ad mentioned above it says the main is a PD hornet.....

PD doesn't make the Hornet.

Here's a couple more real winners.

1.www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=53482;d=1
2.www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=50678;d=1

I guess you just have to PM your appliction? Let's see I'm going to apply to work someplace with no info like, location, what DZ, rate of pay,etc. However most current rig's for sale ad's have gotten better at giving the added info people want to know.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I love the really descriptive ads too.

....great rig for beginners.....
No canopy/reserve size, brand, picture...

There was recently a wingsuit ad.
No size, no model number, no manufacturer, no colors, no photo, but it was good for a 5'10' guy at no listed weight.

That said, why bother with trivialities like size, condition, color, location, price, etc? If folks really wanna know, they'll chase you down, right?;)

That said, why bother with trivialities like size, condition, color, location, price, etc? If folks really wanna know, they'll chase you down, right?;)

My current pet peeve.

[rant]Tell me the fucking size of the helmet you are trying to sell. And put it in the title. !!!>:(
I just figure it is an extra small to fit the skull carrying their pea sized brain. [/rant]:|

I feel better now.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'd remove the email address. The ads are set up to send you an email if they click on your user name while hiding your address from spam and scammers. If you choose to reply back then you can choose to give them the address then, but other then that they will use the classifieds forms that keep people from bothering you.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com