ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

You are right; we should do it the ethical American way. Who is going to contact the lawyer to file suit against them for unfair business practices and false representation.

The only way to really get these guys off the market is to stop using them. They are in a different state than all of us and suing them or threatening them won’t do a thing, “unless somebody knows of a good lawyer in Georgia.” We all need to refuse their threatening services and advise our customers of them.

We run across these guys every year and their sales tactics can be pretty threatening. We all need to say no to them, that is the only way to stop it.
See you up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did make that call and acted like a student trying to book a tandem. They told me they were from the local drop zone. Another unethical tactic of misrepresentation.

I am tired of the unethical business practices that these guys are practicing and getting away with.
See you up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right; we should do it the ethical American way. Who is going to contact the lawyer to file suit against them for unfair business practices and false representation.

That is already being done, quietly, on multiple fronts. Time is on our side, not theirs...

This is slightly off-topic, but nonetheless, I was told over the weekend that Skyride has been trying to buy Chris Martin's DZ, Skydive Tennessee, in Tullahoma from his widow. This is the last thing we need. Them setting up yet another DZ in another state! >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Maybe USPA will make them a group member again. Can everyone please call USPA and make more documented complaints.

USPA pretty much knows the whole story of what is going on. Skyride has been a regular topic of conversation at nearly every BOD meeting over the past couple of years, AFAIK. Remember a couple of years ago, Skyride tried applying for a Group Member DZ for one of their fictional DZ's they said were located in Tennessee? USPA basically said hell no. And before they actually bought the Pell City, AL DZ, they did successfully get a fictional Alabama DZ listed in the DZ listings in Parachutist, and when our regional director complained, USPA removed the listing.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was told over the weekend that Skyride has been trying to buy Chris Martin's DZ, Skydive Tennessee, in Tullahoma from his widow.

Chris was aways very vocal about his distaste for skyride.

I'm assuming his widow knows of his distaste?

I can't confirm that rumor. I dont know if they've made her an offer.
Yes, she knows about Chris's distaste for those people. However, she has a child to provide for and her husband is gone. Shes going to make the best decision for her and her daughter. The rest of us will be fine.

Please try to put yourself in her shoes before slamming her for even considering an offer from them. Also, if anyone says anything negative about her in this forum, you are going to upset me.

On an alternate note, I've already found a couple of other home drop zones. If ASC buys Tullahoma, I will cherish the memories I have from the days when Chris was there. But I wont jump there any longer.

Please try to put yourself in her shoes before slamming her for even considering an offer from them.

I don't think that was any of our intentions. We were just wondering if she knew that the individuals wanting to purchase the DZ were a thorn in his side. Doing what is best for herself and familiy is what matters most. Whatever decision she makes we should all support.

Please try to put yourself in her shoes before slamming her for even considering an offer from them. Also, if anyone says anything negative about her in this forum, you are going to upset me.

NO one slammed her anywhere, and I seriously doubt that anyone would.
I had extensive conversations with Chris regarding skyride and my answer to the question posed, was that

I don't know.

We all want what is best for Chris's family.

I didnt mean for that to be directed at you, Betsy. But yes, people have been giving me grief over rumors thats ASC wants to buy TSC. I just want Kristi to be able to move on with her life.
Again, sorry Betsy. I did not mean to take any frustrations out on you. I was just posting in general.
[:/]

I didnt mean for that to be directed at you, Betsy. But yes, people have been giving me grief over rumors thats ASC wants to buy TSC. I just want Kristi to be able to move on with her life.
Again, sorry Betsy. I did not mean to take any frustrations out on you. I was just posting in general.
[:/]

I knew Chris hated ASC/Skyride, for almost as far back as when I started exposing them for what they were doing, some 3-4 years ago. I'm sure his widow knew, and I'll defer to Chaoskitty as she knows the family better than I do. My anger is 100% directed at Skyride for wanting to buy the Tullahoma DZ. I cannot and will not hold it against Kristi if she choses to sell to them. The possibility does exist that there may not be any other potential buyers, and she does have to take care of her family first. I do sincerely hope she finds somebody else to sell to, but yes, the decision is ultimately hers and I will hold no grudge to her.

If you think back a couple of years as well, when ASC was seriously putting my home DZ in the red with their blatant advertising and phone lies, my DZO decided she'd had enough and wanted out of the DZ business. She tried and tried to sell it to somebody (not ASC). Ultimately there were no buyers and she had no choice and sold it to them. I don't blame her. I'm still pissed at Skyride/ASC though. I still refuse to jump at Pell City, except for practice demos out of my friend's plane, which has nothing to do with the DZ.

Blue Skies
Billy

I don't I consider Jessee a friend. tell that laughing monkey i'll give him a call this week-end..PM his number i lost it...lol:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Kallend...So do you think any one that jumps or works at ASC is bad?

I don't think I ever wrote anything at all about ASC.

I think the owners and operators of Skyride are unethical scum.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Reguards to Kristi and upmost respect for my friend Chris. But I knew Chris's concerns with ASC. I only say this because I learned there and jumped there for over 10 years. I got to know the Guy somewhat when it came to Skydiving and his issues on the business side. He was also a personal friend.

I want the Best for Kristi period.:)
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

anyboday really want the goods on skyride???
i was a web designer for them for about three months before i was fired for bringing up ethical issues i had a problem with.

all the things you see around the web concerning skyride are just the tip of the iceburg, TRUST ME! I have seen things go on there that are soooooo very jacked up. hell on my second day the cops were there asking questions about the company and ben and cary were either not coming in to work or parking at the shopping center accross the street.
well, if anyone really wants the goods email me privatly. sometime soon im gonna post an article on the web about the things i witnessed there.

As just seen in the Swooping and Canopy Control Forum:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1567212;#1567212

Anyone else have the same reaction/observation to this, as to and related to this subject? If this is absolutely so, even over and above the DOCUMENTED unethical (and arguably illegal) just business practices of this "organization"; even outside of all that, and again ...if this post is absolutely so, how much of this sort of thing are many of us going to just sit idly by and tollerate, as a COMMUNITY?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Dropzones need to stop honoring their certificates. Many dropzones buy into their bullshit. Target DZOs. :|

Exactly, so why not put together a list of DZs that accept their certificates. I'll start the list:

Skydive Greensburg (Indiana)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Dropzones need to stop honoring their certificates. Many dropzones buy into their bullshit. Target DZOs. :|

Exactly, so why not put together a list of DZs that accept their certificates. I'll start the list:

Skydive Greensburg (Indiana)

Hi sundevil

You you dirty rat:|, Snitch[:/], you you Scab you:D:D:D>:(

Do the DZs that accept Skyride's "business model" really care what the rest of the skydiving industry think about them?

I doubt it as long as the supply of skyrides confused tandem baggage keeps on knocking on their door with their overpriced certificates.[:/]

The only thing Greenbuger:o needs is a runway, a plane, some worker bee's & tandem baggage.Oops almost forgot:) USPA membership.

R.I.P.

Do the DZs that accept Skyride's "business model" really care what the rest of the skydiving industry think about them?

I doubt it as long as the supply of skyrides confused tandem baggage keeps on knocking on their door with their overpriced certificates.

If what you say were true, then there would be more DZ accepting their certificates instead of a declining number of participating DZs. Also, many posts in this thread describe the reduced profit that a DZ sees for a skyride student, and the other hassles that accompany being a skyride participating DZ.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am