ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

...I will start with the time they sent us an airplane and insisted on their pilot...

...Crashing the plane? That was the first time Phil was in Memphis on business and he was on the next load. oops! :D Luckily, no one was hurt (other than maybe bruised egos).

I do KNow that money is not every thing but you do need it to feed your family and to put a roof over your head and shoes on your feet.

and drive a Ferrari...

I can work at McDonalds and pay the bills, don't have to sell my soul.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

The one consistent thing is that no one is friendly huh? I disagree -

Only to keep this fair...One's experience with one DZ can definitely be different than another's. While visiting a large DZ for the first time, where I have a few friends that jump, I found the people very difficult to approach and their reactions were very negative when I did. The staff was unfriendly, etc. This can and will happen to each of us on occasion - not much we can do about it and express to the DZO or said DZ when it happens and move on. Go back if you feel like giving them a second chance, don't if you don't. Never been to ASC nor The Farm so I cannot make a judgement on either as a good/bad vibe for either place.

I'm sure ASC is a great DZ and all, but this is REALLY bad advertising.
I half hope the real dropzone manager steps in to let us know this person is making ASC look bad on purpose.

Seriously, what kind of dropzone manager would talk about their boss like this in public?

Dave

Look take skyride out of the factor at this point!

Yo mean let you off the hook? No way.

Okay Look i do my job as you do and i do it to the best of my ablity the same as of you would. Yes I work for ASC and I love my Job Skydiving is like a dream job i mean it is awesome.

Too bad you work for crooks, like I did. I told anyone that would listen what they were up to and quit working there.

And as for Skyride I dont care what they do

Turning a blind eye doesn't make it go away or make it right. Whether you like it or not, you make to decide. Are you going to continue to work for crooks or not?

Derek

So why are bashing it so bad then.

I may or may not visit ASC at some point in my travels as I do also have friends that are staffers there. Please do show me where I've personally bashed ASC though. Skyride's business practices - yes. ASC directly - No.

Thank you that was all I was saying!! It was just my experience.

Big picture...one's view on an experience can be vastly different than another. I'm up for that - been there, done that. When you 'grow' in the sport, don't forget to visit other DZs as there are so many other flavors out there. There will always be your home DZ but there are so many other places to visit out there don't limit your experience. The best DZs I've ever been to had some flavor of a small Cessna. More comradery there than some of the larger DZs I've been to.

Hmmmm.... Interesting, how supposedly the EXACT, IDENTICAL "STAFF" can co-exist at BOTH "Los Angeles Skydiving Centers" AND Skydive Tennessee, all at the SAME time!

Must be one of those multi-dimensional time/space warp controllers again. Man, what WON'T they come up with next?? :S
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Interesting, but in the last 20 minutes while reading this thread, your jump numbers went from 6 to 15. ASC must have aircraft the put Mullins's King Air to shame.

well i havent change my profile in a while so i got to looking at it and i saw that it didnt match my log book so i changed it. it would have be 13 but i made two jump this weekend

Live Life to the fullest and have fun doing it.

The one consistent thing is that no one is friendly huh? I disagree -

Only to keep this fair...One's experience with one DZ can definitely be different than another's. While visiting a large DZ for the first time, where I have a few friends that jump, I found the people very difficult to approach and their reactions were very negative when I did. The staff was unfriendly, etc. This can and will happen to each of us on occasion - not much we can do about it and express to the DZO or said DZ when it happens and move on. Go back if you feel like giving them a second chance, don't if you don't. Never been to ASC nor The Farm so I cannot make a judgement on either as a good/bad vibe for either place.

I agree with you. I've only been to 2 DZ's - the first one just recently became USPA affiliated and the other a large DZ. Everyone had been friendly with me for the most part - probably because I am such a likeable person :) I didn't go in with the expectation that my every desire would be fully catered to. I also understand that I haven't been to many DZ's and I haven't met all the dicks in the world either!

My post was just going on the theory that 2 people just sort of "popped" up with similar friendly tag lines and one of them makes a blanket statement about EVERY member of the staff at a DZ. Then they go on to make a blanket statement about the people on DZ.com not being "friendly."

jason

edited: to make sense

Here in CT, skyride sends their customers to the fictional Adventure Skydiving Connecticut.

How can anyone send somebody somewhere "fictional" Dave? Seriously, just wondering. They've got to send people SOMEWHERE! So that being said, do you know, when someone buys a jump certificate from Skyride in CT for "Adventure Skydiving Connecticut", where do they get sent? If that ACTUAL dropzone/location accepts certificates as Adventure Skydiving CT, but is not in CT themselves at all (which you seem to be intimating), do you think that they also should share in the culpability here?

Perhaps this has already been posted up somewhere and if my question is redundant, I do apologize. This thread is getting very long and involved indeed.

Blues,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

O.K. I did not say that all the people at the farm were rude. I did not say that all the people on dz.com were jerks. I said I wasn't being treated in a friendly way, wich I wasn't at first. Then I started getting my questions answered. Sorry it was just easier to ask questions than to read 40 pages of a thread. And my sig line is just a saying that I like.

Also if you will check my profile I have been reading these forums ever since I started my AFF courses last july.
--------------------------------------------------Live for today, Love as if there will be no tomorrow!

Hmmmm.... Interesting, how supposedly the EXACT, IDENTICAL "STAFF" can co-exist at BOTH "Los Angeles Skydiving Centers" AND Skydive Tennessee, all at the SAME time!

Must be one of those multi-dimensional time/space warp controllers again. Man, what WON'T they come up with next?? :S

Nah, it's one DZ, located a convenient driving distance away from both LA and [unnamed city], Tennessee.

I once looked at the Atlanta and Alabama Skydiving Centers which reference each other. An address is actually listed on each that is well apart, but the driving directions, while quite different, appear to end up at the same airport.