FreeFallin247

This is just plain CRAZY parachute on FIRE (short clip)

Hey all, I am a newb to the sport of sky diving. I think the fact of just jumping out of a plane and free falling back to earth is crazy enough. Well that all changed when I found this. This guy sky dives and intentionally sets his parachute on fire!!! I was amazed. Has anyone on this board, either tried, or know someone who has tried, something insane like this??? Whether is was diving with a car or some other crazy idea? How do you mentally prepare yourself? I tip my hat to all you stunt guru's.
http://www.burlysports.com/video/20004

Not sure who that was in the video but i know that Troy Hartman did it for the MTV show "senseless acts of video" and Steve Curtis did one in Arizona just so Joe Jennings could get some aerial fire shots with a new highspeed camera:D If you think the stuff/stunts that you see out there on the web are crazy, you should see some of the stuff that the locals DON'T put out there!;):D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

There's lots of local footage 'out there' but sometimes hard to find online. Some skydivers are crazy but most have enough sense not to broadcast the evidence. ;)

True that!!:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

It's all fun and games until a big, hot blob of molten, flaming nylon lands on your head...

Not in that kind of instance it wouldn't if you were flying it, simple law of gravity and airspeed, and it would likely have burned out before hitting the ground.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not sure who that was in the video but i know that Troy Hartman did it for the MTV show "senseless acts of video" and Steve Curtis did one in Arizona just so Joe Jennings could get some aerial fire shots with a new highspeed camera:D If you think the stuff/stunts that you see out there on the web are crazy, you should see some of the stuff that the locals DON'T put out there!;):D

Yep...that was Troy. Incidentally, if you've read the threads in here about Skydive California City closing down, you guessed it...that was the place where the clip was shot. The Desert Express (from the video) flew its last loads over that DZ last weekend.

Heck, half of Troy's "Senseless Acts of Video" show was filmed up there. Ever see a vid of a piano dropped out of an Otter? :)
Signatures are the new black.

I love his cutaway...calmly laying himself on the back as he cuts away continueing the flip non stop. might be luck, but still nice. :)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

The problem with "extreme TV" is it’s impossible for the rubes to pick out what’s really dangerous from what's not. (And maybe that's a bit of a problem with us too).

The most dangerous thing I ever saw Troy do is he launched himself from the ground in some home built multiple Helium balloon gadget from Lake Elsinore and he rode the winds aloft all the way to Temecula. Then he used a pellet gun to shoot out enough of the balloons to crash land.

When I saw him next in the Perris Bombshelter I said, "Game over, brother, and you win."

NickD :)