CornishChris

Slow reserve opening?

Just watched Brian's video and saw this linked on Youtube. Seems like a slow reserve opening at first but looks like it stems from deploying reserve on his/her back and almost getting entangled- thoughts...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHcOmBWwsk&feature=related

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Interesting that there was no canopy check before the cutaway was initiated.

He was spinning on his back? Exactly what sort of check did you want him to do?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The decision to chop it was made pretty fast, the EP's executed very firmly without hesitation. The reserve looked to me like it opened pretty darn fast. Compare it to a main opening in a video and I think you'll see it just "seems" slow. Also don't forget - pretty much a sub-terminal reserve opening.

-Michael

Interesting that there was no canopy check before the cutaway was initiated.

He was spinning on his back? Exactly what sort of check did you want him to do?

Have a look to see whats happening :S thats what eyes are for.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

This falls under the "If you're gonna be dumb, ya better be tough" heading.:S:PB|

How low was the guy? 3500 ft, looks like to me. They made NO attempt to evaluate or fix the main. Then with NO RSL, they choose to dump a reserve on their back? If you're gonna go without an RSL, either no delay what so ever on the reserve pull, or at least roll over, altitude permitting. And the jumper had plenty for that. Instead they risked a head down reserve deployment with P/C, freebag, and lines snaking by their feet. Luck will pull ya through freequently, but why rely on it!

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Seriously... How do you know what he was going through? There may be so much more to it than what you could see on video?
It looked to me like head was being forced forward like maybe a bad line twist all the way down to his neck?
Could that be a possibility?

Who are we to judge a guy who cut away his main canopy, deployed his reserve and saved himself?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

My thoughts actually. People are prasing BG for doing something that he doesn't recommend to other people and now this guy is being critized for following his EPs.

Everyone's a critic I guess.
I'm happy that BG and this guy are ok.
Too many people get hurt under perfectly fine canopies.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Just watched Brian's video and saw this linked on Youtube. Seems like a slow reserve opening at first but looks like it stems from deploying reserve on his/her back and almost getting entangled- thoughts...?

On a lighter note: did you all see (and HEAR) this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPwLpi60Ag&feature=related

Gives me the feeling that I can actually understand the Russian Language...

:)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Pretty cool video you can see the reserve PC and bridle go right across his leg, then the lines and freebag somehow don't get wrapped around his leg and whoompf. open canopy. is interesting though how he didn't even bother to look and see if maybe a toggle had just come unstowed.

Is the fella in the yellow jumpsuit and rig delivering pizzas??? ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

On a lighter note: did you all see (and HEAR) this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPwLpi60Ag&feature=related

Gives me the feeling that I can actually understand the Russian Language...

indeed a good one ;)
i suppose there is no need to translate what we has saying before chipping.

right after reserve deployment he thanks Mishanya (apparently, his rigger) and then sings a happy song "blue skies ...sweet skies ... life is beautiful"

:P

sings a happy song "blue skies ...sweet skies ... life is beautiful"

Yes! I DO understand Russian! B|

Strange though, normally this only happens after consuming enough alcohol...

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...