jamiem

Free bag???

I had a mal about 20 jumps ago and never recovered my free bag from the field it got lost in. Well...long story short, the farmer found it when his tractor ran over it and mangled it. (although possibly more damage to the tractor then the free bag ;))

So now I have a destroyed free bag that I cannot use anymore and I don't know what to do with it. It's weird to say but I'm kind of attached to it!! Haha. Someone recommended framing it since it was my first cutaway.

What else could I do with it?

I had a mal about 20 jumps ago and never recovered my free bag from the field it got lost in. Well...long story short, the farmer found it when his tractor ran over it and mangled it. (although possibly more damage to the tractor then the free bag ;))

So now I have a destroyed free bag that I cannot use anymore and I don't know what to do with it. It's weird to say but I'm kind of attached to it!! Haha. Someone recommended framing it since it was my first cutaway.

If in fact there was damage to the farmers tractor, the damage can be paid by your USPA Membership (provided that you are a USPA Member). You should file a claim if appropriate.

Mike Mullins
USPA National Director

I can't imagine a free bag damaging a piece of farm equipment but if it did I second what Mike said. Be a good neighbor.

"Tractor" could be a combine or other machinery. I guarantee that a free bag and the pilot chute with its coil spring can do some major damage to farm equipment. And don't forget the metal ripcord, which good really reap (pun intended) havoc.
Mike

Frame it!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

It's cool the farmer leases the land or something from the airport since it is on airport property. The guy is friendly and knows when he plows his field he is going to find lots of cool stuff. :D

I don't really see how it matters if he is cool with it or not if your cutaway gear screwed up an expensive piece of farm equipment.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P