ChangoLanzao

Is ours the only sport ...

I've actually seen a couple of savoie tattoos only a diver would know what that was about..

I'm a diver and I don't have any idea what a "savoie tattoo" is :$

Can you post a picture?;)

recreational diver???

a savoie is a diving helmet, its a pretty gothic looking air hat. they were made by joe savoie
those hats are loud as fuck, and pretty much a piece of shit but some guys swore by them. joe was good people though may he R.I.P.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Nobody would wear a closing pin if they didn't dive. Everyone has a carabiner or shark's tooth or dolphin. The essential thing about the closing pin is that nobody knows what it is unless they are in the club. It's like a secret handshake.

By contrast, if someone had a golf tee on a necklace, I'd say they golfed. Like a closing pin, it's not otherwise useful or, for that matter, attractive. Nobody would wear one unless they were terribly into golf. On the other hand, it's not a secret symbol since even those who have never played golf know what a golf tee is. Nobody knows what a closing pin is unless they do.

But in the spirit of your question, wearing a golf tee is not a common way to express your golfiness although, if I saw someone wearing one, I wouldn't conclude they liked to play tennis.

Lots of people wear that sperm symbol pendant on a necklace, but I'm not sure what sport that's associated with.

are you talking about the italian horn necklace that looks like a sperm swimming up the chest??
;)

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

I've actually seen a couple of savoie tattoos only a diver would know what that was about..

recreational diver???

a savoie is a diving helmet, its a pretty gothic looking air hat. they were made by joe savoie
those hats are loud as fuck, and pretty much a piece of shit but some guys swore by them. joe was good people though may he R.I.P.

Yeah ... that would be recreational diver for me ;) I would even go so far as to say that I'm a fair-weather, warm-water, recreational diver B|

Those helmets are pretty cool!

commercial divers are easily identified by the alpha flag or a markV helmet. they wear these in pendants, clothing, hats, tattoos...etc sometimes the markV is supstituted for a superlite or miller, I've actually seen a couple of savoie tattoos only a diver would know what that was about...

And their poncey TAG Heuer watches:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

People who own horses or ride or train horses often sport a horse shoe pendant/ring/ bracelet/ ear ring, etc. but everyone knows what a horse shoe is so I guess that doesn't qualify.
Interesting that I asked you about diving because of your closing pin necklace. Not too many people come into my pharmacy wearing a closing pin around their neck. So, yeah, I guess it is like a secret handshake.
Hope everyone in your family is feeling better.

TPM #59 POPS #9849 PMS #477

People who own horses or ride or train horses often sport a horse shoe pendant/ring/ bracelet/ ear ring, etc. but everyone knows what a horse shoe is so I guess that doesn't qualify.
Interesting that I asked you about diving because of your closing pin necklace. Not too many people come into my pharmacy wearing a closing pin around their neck. So, yeah, I guess it is like a secret handshake.
Hope everyone in your family is feeling better.

Hi Anne! Like I said when we met, what's really spooky is that I had started this thread not more than five minutes before I showed up at the pharmacy. B| What's up with that?? Wooooooooooooo .... :S:o

commercial divers are easily identified by the alpha flag or a markV helmet. they wear these in pendants, clothing, hats, tattoos...etc sometimes the markV is supstituted for a superlite or miller, I've actually seen a couple of savoie tattoos only a diver would know what that was about...

And their poncey TAG Heuer watches:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

oh yeah.... thanks squeak, I forgot about the gigantic divers watches too i guess...LMAO!!

you walk into a bar and you got a bunch of loud fuckers with big watches on hugging all over each other, buying drinks for the whole bar ... then yeah, you probably just found you some divers.
Perry Farrell

Playing guitar is not a sport but a lot of guitarist make guitar pick necklaces or carry a guitar pick in their wallet or in a pocket on a keychain so that they always have thier fravorite style pick with them just incase they come across a guitar and want to play.

Another one is skaters. There are plenty of kids out their running around with an element hoodie, or etnies shoes. like everything though, just because someone has an element hoodie, it doesn't mean their a skater. Symbols on clothes and what not might be a little too broad for what your looking for though.

you walk into a bar and you got a bunch of loud fuckers with big watches on hugging all over each other, buying drinks for the whole bar ... then yeah, you probably just found you some divers.

The majority of people with "divers watches" are not divers. And it's pretty damn rare that you see someone using a Tag or Omega or Rolls in the water - why use a 1-10k watch that only tells duration when you can use a $500 Suunto that will compute nitrogen, oxygen, average depth, deco schedules, and your sperm count?

The majority of people with "divers watches" are not divers. And it's pretty damn rare that you see someone using a Tag or Omega or Rolls in the water - why use a 1-10k watch that only tells duration when you can use a $500 Suunto that will compute nitrogen, oxygen, average depth, deco schedules, and your sperm count?

I didnt mean scooby doo divers bro.

hate to be the one to break it to you bud, but we don't use no gay ass sunnto computers to calculate our bottom time, our tables, figure our chamber schedule, in water stops. travel time, repets, RNT, depth, gas mixes, partial pressures none of that shit..

we do it with watches, clocks, gages, and knowledge.

it's not rare at all to see a professional diver wearing a real watch on bottom, not some gay plastic or shiny fake ass shit that reads water resistant to 200m (660ft) and then folds at 350+

on any typical day with any of our dive teams of 14+ guys you will have over 20k in watches on deck and those boys don't take their watches off for shit...

on a side note fuck tag heuers they look pretty but I have folded 2 of them just under 600ft down. I either wear one of my 2 submariners or one of my 3 subaqua noma III's cheapest one is over $2,000 the price sucks but they don't fold, and they take a beaten from hell. burning, welding, jetting, impacting..whatever you hit em with.
Perry Farrell

hate to be the one to break it to you bud, but we don't use no gay ass sunnto computers to calculate our bottom time, our tables, figure our chamber schedule, in water stops. travel time, repets, RNT, depth, gas mixes, partial pressures none of that shit..

we do it with watches, clocks, gages, and knowledge.

oooohhhh....swooning.

Done stroking your dick yet?

My point stands. Diver watches are jewelry for the vast majority of its owners. And no one gives a shit about rig divers (commercial is a subset of professional divers) anyway.

> Diver watches are jewelry for the vast majority of its owners.

Agreed. Look at any group of divers. They're generally going to have either a computer or a console with the basics (SPG, depth, timer etc.) Practically, it's tough to get a watch to fit well over a wetsuit/drysuit.

a subset of professional divers.....LMAO!!

give it whatever name bro...I don't see any fagits with silly ass computers pressing down to bottom 1000ft on gas and burning steel or making a flange up. so we will just have to disagree there. but I'll venture and say were about as professional as they come, otherwise they wouldn't pay for a $100,000.00+ a day dive operation.

and my point on the whole watch thing was that I can pick out a bunch of "professional"divers out of a crowd. they will almost certainly all have on big ass expensive dive watches.

I can pick out scoobys out of a crowd too.. they are usually louder than us, got more unbelievable sea stories, got some fake ass watches on, and smell like pussy.
Perry Farrell

LOL!! yeah just more unbelievable ones ed.

no shit there I was at 60ft..and my computer died, sharks everywhere..

BWAHAHHAAA!!!!

you jumping tomorrow or what??

Yea, glad I don't have to fight with those damn sharks any more... B|
And yes, I will be taking advantage of the good weather we have been promised tomorrow. Gotta love it here in the winter. Seeya there.

On topic: I don't wear any watch; no tattoos or jewelry. Old school I guess.
But what do I know?

Google is your friend.

http://www.divingheritage.com/joesavoiekern.htm
http://www.dive-flag.com/alpha.html
http://descocorp.com/USN%20MARK%20V%20FACTS.htm
http://www.diverssupplyinc.com/helmet.html
http://rock.thomasnet.com/viewitems/dive-helmets-miller-diving-helmets/the-miller-400-helmet

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

nice sparky. pretty cool how you ended up with divers supply on your search

we just got our christmas cards from divers supply.the owners robbies mom (mrs. ruth) does the artwork on the cards every year. she does very nice artwork.

check out the christmas cards link on their home page.
Perry Farrell

I don't see any fagits with silly ass computers pressing down to bottom 1000ft on gas and burning steel or making a flange up. so we will just have to disagree there.

I like the pussies that won't dive without an onsite decompression chamber. Talk about weak ass. Without their tender-slave, they're fucked.

By your metric, the only professional skydivers are the handful of guys doing movies. None of the AFF-Is or DZOs count.

Google is your friend.

Yeah I found that first link right away. It's really cool. Those helmets have a artsy look to them I think.