regulator

How many jumps did you have before you started jumping your own pack jobs?

Oh I'm totally cool Nathan...I just dont like it when I was trying to get a feel for how everyone else was jumping their own pack jobs and captain retard wants to lump everyone from america in this. If he read the poll he'd have realized that way more people were jumping their own pack jobs than not. I can totally take responsibility for my own actions because I want to be sure I know how to pack weel before jumping my own packjobs. Besides if the wind isnt like 500 mph like it is now, I want to come to the DZ this weekend. FOR SURE. Hey Nathan do you think it'll take me long to get used to jumping with my new RW suit. It's got vented booties.

do you think it'll take me long to get used to jumping with my new RW suit.

It took me only about 10 seconds of freefall to fall in love with my first booties. Just remember to USE YOUR LEGS. You already know what to do... it will now just work much better.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Hey it's all good just dont lump all the bad ass skydivers in america into the 'loser cant jump their own packjobs' category. I know I'm not jumping my own yet but that will change very soon. (since my new rig is coming in within a week or twoB|) Besides europeans invented LOTs of things americans didnt even know about....like bestiality.

Blue skies homey

PK

(in spite of havin an a-license) or not knowing to pack with 25 jumps is so united states

Only with todays new breed of "extreme" wannabes who toss around five dollar bills because they can't find the time to learn to pack. Packing get's in the way of their social time and fashion show, and they need to get all that good advice from from their skygod heros about how to fly their new booties with 27 jumps or how to freefly with 20 jumps...... A lot of them are in such a rush these days to cram in all the cool stuff, can't break a sweat it will mess the fashion show part of the day.

Anyway, there are still a few of us here in America who not only could pack before our first jump, we jumped our own pack jobs from jump one, we still can spot the old fashion way..... by looking out the door, we can tell our altitude by looking at the ground and don't need a dial, flashing led and repeted beeping shit in our ears and lived for years without a computer to open our parachute, this of course weeded out those who today fired a Cypres only because they had their head up their ass, not because they were incapaticated. If we need to fix a problem flying our body, we jumped more and didn't run across the parking lot to the wind tunnel, we believed more fabric over your head was a good thing, a really good thing if your going in with a mess you can't lose.

Yes that generation of real skydivers is slowly heading out to pasture, some stop because of the large amount of retards who are trying to kill them in the sky and on the ground, some pass away for old age and take with them stuff that you could only hope to learn and it's not in a book. Some are still around doing what they have for years before all the fancy pants came along, most are not impressed and put up with all that shit because they know those folks are flash in the pan types and will soon be gone and all that will be left to remind anyone of those people will the be the note on the dz wall that reads "rig for sale".
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I started packing my own during AFF. After a couple dozen jumps, I got married, went to college, had a kid, and pretty much laid off of skydiving for ten years.

Recently, I've started back, and jumping my first pack job was way more nerve-wracking than my FJC.

However, twice, in the past couple of months, I have cornered an up-jumper and had him coach me on my packing skills (I lured him with the promise of beer :D). I also watched the PD packing video, the "Pack Like a Pro" video by Billy Weber, and took copious notes during my coaching sessions. I even pulled out my iPhone a couple of times and snapped some pics.

Hey, I'm an engineer -- I'm anal like that.

However, now I am very comfortable with my packing skills, and packing has become an enjoyable part of my DZ time.

Enjoyable? I don't know about that. I have no problem packing, but enjoyable seems to be kind of stretching it a bit :P

I'd rather just watch someone else while I drink a :D, but that shit gets expensive and cuts into my jumps.

Oh well. Time to keep on packin'

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251