slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

OK, I will say it as an asc/ast jumper. It is all one and the same, happy now? Like it was really a secret. This is just people not being able to come up with a better marketing plan and being upset they are not as smart as they thought.

Bernie Madoff and Enron also had great marketing plans

I always wonder if these folks ever had any religious upbringing, personally I'd be afraid of going to hell if I cheated/treated people that way

I'm not a religious person but the chances and penalties of getting caught would be enough to dissuade me along with my "how would I feel if someone did this to me?" test.

That and karma. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

BBBOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!!

Ok, this is for the outdoorsmen,, And Yes! It is sLyride! Proof? Go to the terms link at the bottom.

http://www.everythinghunting.com/

Screwing over people with guns is never a good idea...

We may not even have to go the legal route now... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I wonder when the "Bear hunting in Manhattan" website goes up?

There's a wallstreet/market joke somewhere in there that's just too cheesy to say.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

After reading 36 pages "What can we do about Skyride II" i have come to an conclusion. You cant do shit, so shut up.

I disagree. A lot has been done already, and still more stuff in the works to come.

Oh, and fill out your profile a bit more, mmmkay? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What have been done and what is in the works? Seems to me they are just expanding their business. Call it what you want in my opinion they are smart, they have a money making business model and are successfull.

Yes, they are quite successful at getting your credit card # before telling you where you'll be going.

You haven't really read the thread have you? Or the original Skyride thread? What's been done is outlined and discussed in there. I can't even comment about the future. But hey, the owners of skyride may well end up spending all their ethically dirty money on lawyers defending themselves in court. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Call it what you want in my opinion they are smart, they have a money making business model and are successfull.

So was Bernie Madoff, and some people got rich investing with him.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yea i really doubt that. The point i am making is that all this discussion on how to stop skyride have led nowhere. Do u think by starting a post like "what can we do to stop skyride" is going to change anything? You think the owners read this and have a bad day? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE/DISPROVE OR DO? Does skyride affect you in any way? Im not siding with anyone i just don't understand the big deal about skyride.

i just don't understand the big deal about skyride.

Let's say that if a person who lives in Puerto Rico buys a GC under the understanding that he/she is going to get a Skydive IN Puerto Rico based on what is described in http://www.puertoricoskydiving.com/ and what the sales rep at sLyride sold them, then, when they try to book their jump, they find that they have to travel over 1,500 miles to Cedartown to get their skydive, I would tend to believe that person would have been scammed. And to make the site more believeable, they threw in a couple of pics of El Morro and the PR flag, but the rest are the same as the rest of the sLyride sites.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Go back and read the original What Can We Do About Skyride thread. That is, if you have a couple of weeks to waste. I'm not going to summarize the whole thing again.

Then again, you can just wonder what the big deal is and shake your head. :P

That is, if you have a couple of weeks to waste. :P

So what you are saying is that the whole deal is a waste of time? I agree. As far as the Puerto Rico website i don't know if they have a DZ there that might take their certificates, can someone clear that up? Also it seems that a good bit of DZ's do accept their gift cards and that then will provide business for both parties.

That user that you guys are replying to is undoubtedly one of their damage control experts. If history is repeating it's self, I will bet it's Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher or one of those other guys. If it is, the mods will get them.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

That is, if you have a couple of weeks to waste. :P

So what you are saying is that the whole deal is a waste of time? I agree. As far as the Puerto Rico website i don't know if they have a DZ there that might take their certificates, can someone clear that up? Also it seems that a good bit of DZ's do accept their gift cards and that then will provide business for both parties.

No, there are no DZs in PR that takes the certificates.

The number of DZs in the states accepting the GCs have steadily declined the last couple of years because some of them were getting screwed by Skyride.

Skyride: good business model, yes. But, bad owners = bad ethics and consequently, lackeys that follow their lead.

That user that you guys are replying to is undoubtedly one of their damage control experts. If history is repeating it's self, I will bet it's Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher or one of those other guys. If it is, the mods will get them.

Probably, but at least he's being polite. Fincher and Owen and cohorts, polite they were not.

I believe what this person is trying to say is that this thread is 36 pages of people agreeing with each other about how they disapprove of skyride, but making this 36 page thread has not actually accomplishing anything to stop them.

Sure, things have been done to fight skyride, but it doesn't seem that this thread has had any effect on that progress.

I think for the most part this person is right. Spending 900 posts talking about how much people dislike Skyride does not actually accomplish anything.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook