jclalor

Freefall noise

In all seriousness, get your hearing checked. Between aircraft noise and freefall noise, our is a noisy sport, and it can do damage. It's why I wear earplugs.

Huh? :S

I noticed it got quieter after I got a full face helmet. :)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

In all seriousness, get your hearing checked. Between aircraft noise and freefall noise, our is a noisy sport, and it can do damage. It's why I wear earplugs.

do you wear them in free fall too? I try to remember to wear them on the plane ride up and remove them before jumping out because I read on here that it can mess with the pressure equalization in the ear and hurt quite a bit.
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

do you wear them in free fall too? I try to remember to wear them on the plane ride up and remove them before jumping out because I read on here that it can mess with the pressure equalization in the ear and hurt quite a bit.

Yep, on every jump. The foam noise-abatement type cause me no pressure problems during freefall; they allow pressure equalization. (No need to wear the rubber or wax swimmers' kind that are designed to keep a water-tight seal.)

I just noticed that freefall seems very quiet now after 200 jumps, not sure when I stopped noticing the sound. is there a normal point when you just stop noticing the sound?

Same here. I do not really notice the noise since a long time and my ears are fully OK. Only on some videos I'm doing and watching later, I do realize how loud it REALLY is (especially when jumping from helicopters) - but then again, it does not bother me at all. I just love it. B|

As long as your ears are OK, don't break your head. Otherwise, see a doctor.

;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I wear the foam plugs during freefall. No problems.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.