sparkie

no flair whatsoever!

so, to all you illiterates out there:

A person can have flair
But there is NO SUCH THING as flairing your canopy, or my canopy doesn't flair well.

IT'S FLARE!

>>Def. (English) final nose-up pitch of landing aircraft in order to reduce the rate of descent to approximately zero at touchdown<<

How hard can it be?

so, to all you illiterates out there:

A person can have flair
But there is NO SUCH THING as flairing your canopy, or my canopy doesn't flair well.

IT'S FLARE!

>>Def. (English) final nose-up pitch of landing aircraft in order to reduce the rate of descent to approximately zero at touchdown<<

How hard can it be?

The spelling Nazi's are alive and well. You must have a hell of a time surfing the internet if you are this concerned about a misspelled word. If someone wrote "I flaired my canopy", I would know what they are talking about and wouldn't be such a cheese dick to point out a simple mistake.

Lighten up Francis.

Common incorrectly spelled skydiving terms:

No "flair".
Recovery "arch".
"Bridal" length.
"Cord" of the canopy (as opposed the span)
"Parashoot". (That's more a whuffo mistake though.)
"Cypress" AAD.

Any others to add to the list?

Decent knowledge of English has no direct bearing on ability to skydive, but since reading tends to be part of the learning process (not just oral transmission of knowledge around the fire pit), one would hope people pick up the proper terminology.

reading around here teaches mostly three things: "use the search-function", "you will die" and the classic "your an idiot"! :P

maybe one should have to do a written test in english first in order to be able to post here; together with an IQ-test? nah, that would rule out pretty much everyone then..

:D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

reading around here teaches mostly three things: "use the search-function", "you will die" and the classic "your an idiot"! :P

maybe one should have to do a written test in english first in order to be able to post here; together with an IQ-test? nah, that would rule out pretty much everyone then..

did you mean you're an idiot ??

:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

did you mean you're an idiot ??

:D

classic, dorkzone-style, means your!

thank god we have the swiss around, they speak AND write a decent english; to be honest, i figured it would take longer for someone to figure it out.. B|

:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I grew up speaking native English but moved to Germany when I was 12.
I went to an English school for the first 6 years of my life, a German one for the rest. Sometimes I really wonder how bad the spelling of a lot of Americans is.

Is this an indicator for the quality of the American school system ?

just wondering.....

I grew up speaking native English but moved to Germany when I was 12.
I went to an English school for the first 6 years of my life, a German one for the rest. Sometimes I really wonder how bad the spelling of a lot of Americans is.

Is this an indicator for the quality of the American school system ?

just wondering.....

maybe an indicator of american skydiving as well!? i mean, if you cant even get the terminology right.. how could you possibly be a competent skydiver!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

maybe an indicator of american skydiving as well!? i mean, if you cant even get the terminology right.. how could you possibly be a competent skydiver!?

Yes, the Americans' contributions certainly pale in comparison to those of that well-known powerhouse, the Swiss Skydiving Community.

Yes, the Americans' contributions certainly pale in comparison to those of that well-known powerhouse, the Swiss Skydiving Community.

like yves rossy you mean? or "solar impulse"!?

interesting; i put some sort of intelligence ahead skydiving, unlike whatever you think is patriotism, and look what comes out? if you dont get the difference, you may very well be affected too?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda