challenger0968

Skydive City AFF

First off i am new to skydiving. I have completed(2) tandem jumps and fell in love with the sport! Here is my question. I am from Missouri and have a really hetic schedule. I was thinking about taking my vacation and spending a week @ Skydive City and doing their AFF training. I was just wanting some opinions on this idea. If there is anything i need to no please feel free to tell me!!! I want to do this RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Thanks ChallengerB|

First off i am new to skydiving. I have completed(2) tandem jumps and fell in love with the sport! Here is my question. I am from Missouri and have a really hetic schedule. I was thinking about taking my vacation and spending a week @ Skydive City and doing their AFF training. I was just wanting some opinions on this idea. If there is anything i need to no please feel free to tell me!!! I want to do this RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Thanks ChallengerB|

My opinion, excellent idea.

Sounds like a great idea! Ask the people you talk to on the phone if anyone has a camper of rent for the time your planing to go, that way you can stay right on the DZ and walk from the new dz bar to your pass out place...;)

Of yea, don;t forget to buy your :D's

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Be sure to wait until Skydive City resumes it's 7-day schedule. If I were making those plans I would wait until after the first cold front passes through the area. That will tend to keep afternoon thunderstorms to a minimum and temperatures will be a little more pleasant. Some of the earlier fronts of the season seem to become stationary over Central Florida. The fronts also seem to be on a ~1-week schedule and might affect jumping for maybe 1 or 2 days at the most. (If you want the full Z-Hills experience, just wait until Thanksgiving!) You should be able to get it all done in a week. Maybe you could prep yourself with a little tunnel time before your visit. Have fun!:)

Well seeing how you live in butt fuck nowhere Mo.... :PYou might want to rethink the time frame for your trip to say Feb or March because 1. if you go too early and get all your jumps in you'll return to said butt fuck nowhere:P and find all the local dz's are closed for the season and you'll go un-current, unless you freeze your ass off.... 2. If you go in early spring, the weather is super nice, most the euro trash has left the building and helps to free up on dz rentals.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Muff,

Thanks for the great advice! That will help a bunch in planning this thing out. So what goes on over thankgiving?

Thanks Again!

Stratostar makes a good point about going uncurrent over the winter. If you can wait, Easter Boogie is a good time, too. Great weather and no chance of tropical weather activity spoiling things then, either. Navigate to their website under the "Dropzone" button above for their schedule and contact info.

I did exactly that in March. It went very well even with 2 days spent watching the wind blow. Z-Hills is a very professional and fun dz with an awesome vibe. I have only been to a few but know from my research last winter and my experience there this spring that it is a great place and almost all skydivers that have been there would agree. PM me if you want more details. I stayed in a hotel because all the rental trailers were full but it was cheap. You could also get a tent if you are into that sort of thing, there is a bar and restraunt on the DZ and lots of people living there. Don't plan on doing anything but skydiving/drinking with skydivers because there is shit else to do in that town (my only gripe) Have fun!

Great idea to wait for the winter season. Spring is good but then again you can get trained in the winter and get current in the spring. Just an excuse to do another trip.

Be careful at Skydive City though..It's got a lot of assholes hanging around, it's run by a Newfy and the guy at the bar promotes high alcohol consumption. Oh, and a lot of the regulars don't seem to take life very seriously at all. As a matter of fact that's the good stuff.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

It is a great place to jump, but there are absolutely no women there. All the hot women are in Palatka, as a matter of fact, one is issued to each student.

I have seen the female skydivers in Palatka and I think I need to take the AFF course again :P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!