Caseadilla

Whats the #1 skydive of your life?

Prelude: My first year at Richmond, my friends and i were obsessed with Hoop jumps. And one guy (we'll call him "Fred" :D), was so obsessed with the hoop that he would fly through it, turn around then fly through it the other way, hosing the rest of us. On his fourth pass through the hoop, he misjudged it, and demolished the hoop completely -- broke it in half, there was sand flying everywhere. Obviously the jump was over, and more than half of us had not even gotten through the hoop. >:(

We wanted revenge :|

Which brings me to my #1 skydive.

We extensively dirt dived a 10 way, where the plan was to build a round, turn it into a 10 way cat, then track and dive it. "Fred :D" was going to exit first, backing out of the CASA, and the rest of us would follow. Fred was deeply concerned about the exit, and made us dirt dive it over and over again. Little did he know we had other plans. At exit time, Fred gave a count and backed out of the CASA, only to see the rest of our group give him the finger as he fell off into the blue.

After a good 8 seconds, we exited and had a great clusterfuck jump, flying all over, geeking the camera and each other, and building a small formation in the midst of 4000 feet of "haze" ;).

Fred later said that was coolest jump he'd ever had. He couldn't believe we all stood there on the tailgate and gave him the finger as he fell away -- he got big to try to float up to us when we exited :D.

We still talk about that jump when we get together...

Geez now I feel old!

What did you do on your most favorite skydive?

My favorite skydive was my first tandem. What did I do? Absolutely NOTHING! OMG it was so much fun, my adrenaline was so high I couldn't drive home. I think I was buzzing for a week. I can't wait until AFF is over and I can get that feeling back! I'm definitely an adrenaline junkie, and skydiving is such an easy fix, albeit an expensive one!

World's first two-point 100-way, Deland, Feb., 1992. We held the second point so long (about 20 sconds) everyone knew we had and started screaming in freefall. The energy going through all of us was something that has never been dublicated.
blue skies,

art

MEGA DITTO! That was my experience as well...however I freaked on my first tandem. DOOR! flew open, the wind was rushing against my face; I looked down and had my "OH SHIT!!" moment and there was no turning back..I went "fetal"! The video is hilarious!..now I FLY and enjoy it!:)

4th of July 2003. My first intentional water jump into a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains, trees, and way too many drunk boaters. 45 second solo taking in the views, followed up by a nice swoop in between my party's two house boats. Picked up in the ski boat, shotgunned a beer, went wakeboarding.

nic

every jump is a favorite, but if i had to pick one, as of now it would be watching my best friend get back in the air a month after having a masectomy. Cancer may have taken a part of her, but it didn't take her smile in freefall;)

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.

First stable head down dive. It was at Couch Freaks 2003. I got some coaching from this dude I met in the loading tent, I thanked him profusely after a weekend of solos. Jim, if you're out there, you rule buddy! I'll never forget it, it was my next to last jump on Monday morning 9/1. I was last out on that load and jumped into a big beautiful blue sky...it had been overcast all weekend. Sit exit, got to terminal, barrel roll...horizon, sky down, held heading. I'll never forget the sound, it was different. Like being inside a capsule of quiet air. It was sweet! All I could think was "No f'ing way dude!!! I'm f'ing doing it!" I was laughing all the way down.
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

Would have to be El Capitan, 8:30 am Aug 10, 1980. Had a permit. Got up early and ran back into the woods searching for a jumper who never made it into camp the night before (the fool was drinking beers on the hike up). Found him sleeping in his canopy. Got him up, got him to pack and made him run so we could both meet the 8:30 deadline.

Oh my God, what a jump that was....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

No Doubt, my first AFF!:D Like many things in life, you always remember your first! Was so awesome i still don't have words to describe it!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

I think it was probably the first jump I got to make with my husband. It seemed like the goal of AFF for me was to get to make a jump with him eventually.

Next would have to be the night jump in Eloy for my 101st jump.

Balloon and helicopter jumps follow close behind...
Rhonda
PP ASEL

i just completed my AFF this weekend. But by far it would have to be my failure of level four. it was a month since my last jump and level four was the first one on my way back. i got out and totally forgot everything i was supposed to do and didnt care. it was absolutley the most beautiful day/jump i have ever seen. i got lost in the beauty and and was grinning ear to ear. i got to the ground and was saying "i failed but my God that was awesome!!!"
"GOT LEAD?"