wmw999

If I should die while skydiving...

> If I should die skydiving, I won't care what anyone says cause I would be DEAD!!!

< So you won't mind if people tell lies about you, ruin your reputation, and cause more grief to your
< family and friends, after you're gone?

> I won't be able to do anything about it and as far as I know dead people have no feelings.

You didn't answer the question. The question is not about you, it's about the memory of you by your surviving friends and relatives. Wouldn't you like to go into death knowing that their memory of you will be a positive one, and not one of defamation by liars?

No plans to die skydiving, sir :)
Then I'll get to hear some of the nice things I hope they'll say about me at my memorial, too :D

Wendy P.

I plan to live forever...so far so good! ;)

And you are a HELL OF A LOT closer to acomplishing that goal than anyone else in the world that we know of!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would prefer to not have my death discussed here on dropzone.com, mostly because I think it's a waste of time. These forums serve more to entertain then to teach. I don't like the idea that my death would serve as entertainment for others.

I agree with that statement. In the end there is very little learned from the incidents form that we don't already know or that is actually applied to changing the sport. If there is a beneficial aspect to it, it may be the 'reality hit' some might need to understand that death does and will occur in this sport.

As for me, if I should die while skydiving... I can say I have lived my live to the fullest in all aspects and could die tomorrow a happy man. I just hope my family and loved ones would be able to understand that, and celebrate my life lived rather than morn my death.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I would hope that my true friends and family could care less what some jerk says or thinks about me after I'm gone. That's the beauty of real relationships with quality people who value those relationships. If they are bothered by it, then they never really knew me anyway.
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

I would hope that my true friends and family could care less what some jerk says or thinks about me after I'm gone. That's the beauty of real relationships with quality people who value those relationships. If they are bothered by it, then they never really knew me anyway.

So if one of your friends or family members died or was killed and you knew people were talking shit about them after their death it wouldn't bother you?
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Shamelessly ripped adapted from another board:

If I should die while skydiving please do not hesitate to discuss the incident and assess every element with a view to furthering your understanding of how to enhance safety.

If I should die while skydiving get the facts. They won't be readily available and will definitely not be correct as reported by the media. But get the facts as best you can.

If I should die while skydiving understand, as I already do, that it will most likely involve fault on my part to some degree or another so do not hesitate to point that out.

If I should die while skydiving some of the fault might belong to others as well and that needs to be honestly assessed as well though I must admit this is one area where I hope that compassion will be in the mix.

If I should die while skydiving there might be those who try to squelch discussion out of a misplaced notion of respect for the deceased, family and friends. They can say nice things about me at my funeral... but in this community I want the incident discussed.

If I should die while skydiving at least I didn't die in bed.

Wendy P.

If I should die while skydiving and there are still handles in place on my rig... piss in my crater.

...You mean you haven't already? Rumor has it Twardo is, like, 9 months older than dirt.

If I should die skydiving I have already instructed my family to burn the wreckage and get whats left to my friends in the sport... they'll know what to do with it. Take the dust on one last flight and leave it up there so I can ride the wind for eternity.

Then, all the people I care about are to throw one HELL of a party and celebrate life like I do every single day. I'm talking about a no-holds-barred full contact laughing drunken celebration where nobody gets left out and everyone parties like the world is gonna end tomorrow and they've got more beer than they can drink before it happens. Can't see em wasting it... even if they can't drink it all, I expect everyone to put forth their best effort.

Cause so help me if they don't, I'll come back, kick everyone's ass and pop their reserves, then laugh till I fall down.
:)-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

If I should die while skydiving and there are still handles in place on my rig... piss in my crater.

I'd rather do something else to whoever nocked you unconscious

edit: and get an AAD already, just in case :P
What goes around, comes later.

So if one of your friends or family members died or was killed and you knew people were talking shit about them after their death it wouldn't bother you?

It might annoy me, but I would not let it really get to me. The important thing is that it does not change the relationship I had with them while they were alive.

I'd rather do something else to whoever nocked you unconscious

edit: and get an AAD already, just in case :P

Got AAD... and even so, folks with AADs still go in every year with handles still in place... AAD or not, don't quit pulling handles (in the correct order) until blood fills your goggles. ;)