decompresion

Who is Sam Willis and who did they talk to about skydiving?

This is written as if by a fifth grader for a homework assignment.

I agree with that.

Quote: "the amount of risk of a human casualty is said to be only one percent in the sport"

With 5,000 jumps, I should have been dead 50 times now!

I'd leave a comment, but I'll be darned if I'm going to give them my e-mail ID to register.

This is written as if by a fifth grader for a homework assignment.

I agree with that.

Quote: "the amount of risk of a human casualty is said to be only one percent in the sport"

With 5,000 jumps, I should have been dead 50 times now!

I'd leave a comment, but I'll be darned if I'm going to give them my e-mail ID to register.

Maybe he meant one percent of jumpers, not jumps. About one percent of licensed skydivers will die from a skydiving incident.

Aside from being terribly misinformed, I think the author is probably very young and doesn't speak english as a first language.

lmao instead of giving a broad example of what a tandem skydive costs this person points out the world's most expensive tandem :S

I've never heard of the guy, but I have heard of that tandem jump....:)
My guess is that it is some kind of gambling website and whoever wrote that article didn't write it first in English. The Everest jumps have reached a pretty vast global audience, I read an article once written about the expedition from Pakistan.

Not to de-rail the thread, but if you would like to read a more coherent blog on the jump, try this one:

http://blog.mountainfilm.org/2010/10/26/chris-rainiers-everest-skydive/

It's Nat Geo's Chris Rainer.
Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com

The "Add Comment" section is an open door to just get in there and just f**k with them!B| Just elaborate and expand on the total BS!!!:D See how far we can take it.

Like for instance, claim that certified adrenalin junkies can get skydiving costs covered under health insurance.

I just did my part. Now it's someone elses turn.;)

I believe you have my stapler.