peanut4040

I ain't going to say nothing.

I started out on rounds, with no holes for guidance. Eventually I graduated to holes in a parachute for guidance.

AND, you started out in skydiving with? ? ? ?

my point exactly. I started with the best available technology up to this point. WHY? Because I value my life and the lives of others. Lets hope you don't get knocked unconscious during a jump and land on someone because you are too cool, or too poor, to buy an AAD.
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

lifeditan,,,

In my in-mortal words..
for your young punk ass,
eat shit and die you muther fucker, what muff muff drop one you hanging at?

consider the monitors justified in killing this thread. I only ask,,,,, who is lifedtan? and what drop zone does he frequent
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

lifeditan,,,

In my in-mortal words..
for your young punk ass,
eat shit and die you muther fucker, what muff muff drop one you hanging at?

consider the monitors justified in killing this thread. I only ask,,,,, who is lifedtan? and what drop zone does he frequent

WOW, anger management called, they want you back. Seriously, you post this topic on the internet forum and you don't expect to have ANY resistance? Think about it for a second.....

Then you resort to name calling and borderline threats? Maybe these forums are too much for you to handle.....

Sorry to get you all wound up.

And if a certain drop zone close to me, starts implementing an AAD requirement for jumping at their drop zone. I've got two more reasonably close drop zones I can go to.

PRO CHOICE---- on AADs, They can save you, and they can kill you.

Exactly. Pro choice. A DZO can choose to require AAD's or any other safety gear, and/or requirements such as turn size and wing loading. Their sandbox, their rules.

You can choose not to jump there.

Just as long as it's not mandated by the USPA or FAA. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I started falling out of airplanes in1975,

Well, I started a year before you, and my round parachute had steering holes in it.:P Get with the technology.

BTW, my rig has a Vigil, but I jump rigs with no AAD's too. I don't have to have one, but I sure like it. You gotta play the odds. :P

...I value my life and the lives of others. Lets hope you don't get knocked unconscious during a jump and land on someone because you are too cool, or too poor, to buy an AAD.

Let me see if I follow your logic:

You say that AADs should be required for all jumpers because an unconscious jumper going in without a reserve could land on another person and injure or kill that other person.

Did I get that right ?

I'm not sure if you realize what utter Bullshit this concept is. I just wanted to make sure that was what you intended to say, in case I wanted to call your statement a completely moronic.

Kevin Keenan
Florida

I have posted on this topic before and would like to give a few points to my view as a DZO! First I will say that we do require AAD's on all jumpers and do so for the simple reason that AAD's work and save many more lives than harm. I have personally witnesses two saves that would have been fatal accidents without such device. I realize that we live in a free country and most skydivers don't like mandates. Im a firm believer in these units and would not be opposed to them being required in the future!

Here is a copy from one manf. from just this year alone that are clear saves and would be 22 more dead skydivers!!

22 Lives Saved in 2010!
(Including Two Tandems!)

1. January 2010 - Lumberton, USA - #13422 - Pro Mode

2. March 2010 - Fermo, Italy - #15214 - Pro Mode

3. March 2010 - Guayaquil, Ecuador - #14103 - Student Mode

4. April 2010 - Gold Coast, USA - #16724 - Pro Mode

5. April 2010 - Pau, France - #12203 - Pro Mode

6. May 2010 - Spa, Belgium - #11340 - Student Mode

7. May 2010 - Ecuvillens, Switzerland - #13403 - Tandem Mode

8. June 2010 - Spa, Belgium - #11340 - Student Mode

9. July 2010 - Vatulino, Russia - #2302 - Pro Mode

10. July 2010 - Soulac, Mer, France - #14209 - Pro Mode

"At the height of separation, i collided with another skydiver with violence... and i fell unconscious. I stayed unconscious during the reserve's opening. I only wake up when my friends came to see me after landing. My Vigil opened my canopy alone. I landed unconscious under my reserve without serious physical damage. Thanks my Vigil !!!"

11. August 2010 - Kaunas, Lithuania - #16752 - Student Mode

12. September 2010 - Paracin, Serbia - #2133 - Student Mode

13. September 2010 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - #8442 - Student Mode

14. September 2010 - Kolomna, Russia - #11303 - Pro Mode

15. January 2010 - Lumberton, USA - #13422 - Pro Mode

16. October 2010 - Colorado, USA - #20141 - Tandem Mode

17. October 2010 - Siofok, Hungary - #3368 - Pro Mode

18. October 2010 - Esztergom, Hungary - #2713 - Pro Mode

19. November 2010 - DeLand, USA - #18276 - Pro Mode

20. September 2010 - Moscow, Russia - #5742 - Pro Mode

John Mitchell. I was class of 75. I started with a T-10, eventually was able to jump a MC-1B which had the steering holes... IF you call it that. Sounds like you were civilian jumping before I was.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

...I value my life and the lives of others. Lets hope you don't get knocked unconscious during a jump and land on someone because you are too cool, or too poor, to buy an AAD.

Let me see if I follow your logic:

You say that AADs should be required for all jumpers because an unconscious jumper going in without a reserve could land on another person and injure or kill that other person.

Did I get that right ?

I'm not sure if you realize what utter Bullshit this concept is. I just wanted to make sure that was what you intended to say, in case I wanted to call your statement a completely moronic.

Kevin Keenan
Florida

Its not THE reason to have them, but it is one of many thoughst to why they should be used. Others include DZO's getting sued, keeping people from having to use emergency services, I don't know this next one seems kind of like a big deal to me. .......SAVING LIVES.

Im all for people not wanting to use them, if you don't want to for whatever reason thats your own problem. Why you wouldn't want to, Im not really sure, as the pros FAR outweigh the cons IMO.

There surely isnt a reason to start freaking out and trying to find out where someone is so you can fight them.

Im a firm believer in these units and would not be opposed to them being required in the future!

What, you got something against thinning the herd?

But seriously, I sometimes wonder if some of those 22 people may have let themselves GET in the position of needing an AOD, because they HAVE and AOD....yeah I called it an AOD.:ph34r:

It's sad time times when a dropzone mandates an automatic opener to jump there, do you also mandate helmets of a certain type, landing patterns and how about swooping?

I mean if you want a warm and fuzzy Nerf world go all the way! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

do you also mandate . . . landing patterns

That one is certainly being done, and I'd like to see more pattern discipline. That's one place where you can definitely kill someone else, and they may have really, really wanted to live.:P

It's sad time times when a dropzone mandates an automatic opener to jump there

why is that such a bad idea? I mean I just don't get why anyone would be so against it. Is it the money? I just really want to understand why you feel so strongly against them.

Im a firm believer in these units and would not be opposed to them being required in the future!

What, you got something against thinning the herd?

But seriously, I sometimes wonder if some of those 22 people may have let themselves GET in the position of needing an AOD, because they HAVE and AOD....yeah I called it an AOD.:ph34r:

It's sad time times when a dropzone mandates an automatic opener to jump there, do you also mandate helmets of a certain type, landing patterns and how about swooping?

When you open your DZ, you can allow anything you want, just as it's his right to do at his DZ.

Jump at Skydive Twardo where we all have spiked helmets and use an anvil for our spaceball. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

do you also mandate . . . landing patterns

That one is certainly being done, and I'd like to see more pattern discipline. That's one place where you can definitely kill someone else, and they may have really, really wanted to live.:P

I wouldn't really call it 'mandated' in the same sense as 'no AOD' then don't jump here...

If it was truly a mandate people would be given a walk off the property for zapping the pattern.

Even above that, the incident reports are full of people planting themselves under open canopies...ya wanna 'mandate' the use a life saving piece of hardware, how about making it a big ole dumbo parachute?

Hey I don't have anything against the AOD or it use, I just don't like some DZO telling me I have to have one because it maybe removes some of HIS possible headaches...wouldn't he rather I spend the 1000.00 on jump tickets? :ph34r:

I don't have one, so...I wear a hard hat, I don't jump with people that might kill me, I remain vigilant regarding altitude awareness.
None of that concerns me, what does put the mustard in my skivvies is some yoyo zipping 20 feet in front of me 200 feet off the deck goin down wind so he can do a rockin' superman slide for crowd of guys on crutches standing around the landing area. :P

I think it's just a bit ridiculous some DZO saying mandatory AOD's as they're digging a swoop pond. :S

Hmmmm, there are a lot of good points here. Where do you find out about AAD saves?

I use an AAD but I don't think they should be mandated.

I think if you have a problem with someone you should take it to them and not to a public forum. ;) You may find they are receptive to your concerns and tell you their position in a rational manner. They may modify their position and say that D liscence holders may decide for themselves whether to use an AAD or not. That would "grandfather" :D in any of you old farts that refuse to use one, basically. It is them taking the liability risk and not you know what I mean?

I do not believe anyone is writing anything in stone yet but I can see the writing on the wall my friends, big brother is coming. [:/]

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I wouldn't really call it 'mandated' in the same sense as 'no AOD' then don't jump here...

If it was truly a mandate people would be given a walk off the property for zapping the pattern.

Some places have pattern cops watching the loads, with the authority to ground. I like that. Not enough of it gets done. But sometimes the old "coach and counsel" method is enough. :)

I think it's just a bit ridiculous some DZO saying mandatory AOD's as they're digging a swoop pond. :S

That's a very nice point. I've heard some DZ's, though, ban more than a 90 degree turn to final. I think that would save a lot of injuries and deaths. However, some want to swoop, so let 'em. Just don't let them kill me in the process. :P

Some places have pattern cops watching the loads, with the authority to ground. I like that. Not enough of it gets done. But sometimes the old "coach and counsel" method is enough. :)

That's a very nice point. I've heard some DZ's, though, ban more than a 90 degree turn to final. I think that would save a lot of injuries and deaths. However, some want to swoop, so let 'em. Just don't let them kill me in the process. :P

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against swooping in general...just think its ludicrous for a DZO to demand one thing and support the other..either go full Nerf or don't.