peanut4040

I ain't going to say nothing.

They told me to not jump up and knee jerk, and to allow time for rational thinking to prevail. Note, its too early in the day for me to be drinking.

I started falling out of airplanes in1975, and started having REAL fun with it in 1990 something. I believe in freedom of choice. If you want t o kill yourself, you have a license to do that. HOWEVER You don't have a license to kill me.

And if a certain drop zone close to me, starts implementing an AAD requirement for jumping at their drop zone. I've got two more reasonably close drop zones I can go to.

PRO CHOICE---- on AADs, They can save you, and they can kill you.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

Gotta love having part of a story...[:/]:S

But from what you said, Yep, it should always be a choice , for lisensed jumpers....

BUT, I can also see the DZO's problem.(lawsuits from family members)...one of the local DZ's here makes it waiverable to not use one for D lisensed jumpers, all others must have one!

Here here! Over dependance on mechanical back ups is another attempt to repleive people of their individual responsibility to save their life. Yeah, someone else could cause a jumper to not be able to do it, but it is not a bubble wraped world. Just my .02B|

Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

I'm just curious - how long does it take for rational thinking to prevail?

Chuckles,,, Not sure my friend.

But remember I aint saying nothing.

Y E T

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

Just cut the display off an expired AAD and stick it in your rig so it can be seen.

Bingo - they are happy and you get to fuck the system!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Just cut the display off an expired AAD and stick it in your rig so it can be seen.

Bingo - they are happy and you get to fuck the system!

Won't work at a boogie. Thin gear check and reserve packing card.

I think a local DZ in Wa state was the first to turn into a tandem mill. The fun jumpers were wineing about having to wait on all the tandems:o

DZO was subtle he required all jumpers to have a AAD. It stoped the wineing. The fun jumpers left.

The origional R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

laughing very hard,,,

and to mention,, I ain't even said nothing yet.

LLLLLL,, these GRAND MONITORS, have already moved the thread...

DAMN i'm good.

laughng hard,, another Jonny gates muff muff man,,,, heheheh the only reason to have an ADD is Johhny Gates.

And if a certain drop zone close to me, starts implementing an AAD requirement for jumping at their drop zone. I've got two more reasonably close drop zones I can go to.

PRO CHOICE---- on AADs, They can save you, and they can kill you.

Im sure you are going to put them right out of business.

Not really much to debate, but you know just as well as everyone that AAD's for whatever the reason have saved more than they have killed.

Why do you jump a square as opposed to rounds? Is it the technology?
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

I started out on rounds, with no holes for guidance. Eventually I graduated to holes in a parachute for guidance.

AND, you started out in skydiving with? ? ? ?

I am following the compulsory AAD issues for a while. I made about 1700 jumps without AAD then at 60, I decided to buy one. But as ever, I am still against the decision of any entities: DZ, Association or states... to make AAD's compulsory. I am for the free choice but those entities can advertise, suggest, print posters and encourage the licensed jumpers to wear an AAD when they jump but not force the people to have it.
Legally, I think that if an AAD is responsible for the death of somebody, those entities which makes it compulsory could be in big trouble. OTOH I think it is good to have the AAD's mandatory for students since they are not already aware or experienced.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.