Muffie

Why Don't You Jump Anymore?

For me it was family, work, and knee problems.

When I was younger I didn't have alot of money but I had more time. Now that I'm older I have a little more money and a lot less time it seems. I had to cut something and skydiving was it, I bought a motorcycle to help fill the void a bit, still the the itch to jump often. I kept one of my rigs in case I ever jump again, we'll see, hopefully some day.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I believe if you aren't currently jumping you shouldn't be on this site because after time you will forget things and give outdated advice

Listen DGIT, most of the 'advice' YOU give people you gleaned from others who were actually there...who did it and understand the playbook AND the game.

Some of those people don't jump anymore for one reason or another...that doesn't make THEIR input invalid. Who do you think wrote a lotta the stuff you quote?

Get some ratings, put some REAL time in the sport, teach a few hundred students, notch 30 or 40 various drop zones and few dozen boogies on your belt...THEN go back and read the bullshit you've been posting with such 'authority'.

If you DO ever make it past Tourist, you will no doubt laugh at yourself then, as much as we do now.

Believe me new guy, it's time to change the attitude of arrogance and replace the ignorance with altitude experience.

...and one more thing, do something about your sig line, nothing screams WANNABE louder than bragging about something you're 'gonna' do. ;):D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

...and one more thing, do something about your sig line, nothing screams WANNABE louder than bragging about something you're 'gonna' do.

Wow really professional for attacking someone with a goal. do you tell all students that they have to be students all their lives in hopes they won't achieve anything greater than you?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Dude, you're a walking advertisement of ready-fire-aim.

You know some stuff, but you'd be better off stating your opinions as your opinions, rather than as fact. Experience does, in fact, matter in this sport.

When the experienced jumpers are saying it's too windy, do you go ahead and go? And if you do and don't get hurt that time, do you attribute it to luck or skill?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When the experienced jumpers are saying it's too windy, do you go ahead and go?

No i don't go because i can see its too windy for myself, i don't need someone to tell me to jump or don't jump. most of the time the experienced go and i don't
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Sorry, but I would not call any of those a PA. But more like a statment of facts.

+1

:D:D:D:D

Anyone gotten a talking to/ban for these "PAs"? They do seem more like public announcements. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sorry, but I would not call any of those a PA. But more like a statment of facts.

+1

:D:D:D:D

Anyone gotten a talking to/ban for these "PAs"? They do seem more like public announcements. :P

+2

I am sure the mods can smell the B.S when they see it.:D:D
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Just calling them as they are

It seems like nobody else agrees with you. On this or 99% of all your other crap.

If you want a real PA, I can PM you one. I have plenty.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

I think the poll is lacking the most obivous option...

- because PeteJones was teaching me to SWOOP!

The problem with people that have the PJ attitude is they just disappear from DZ.com and leave the rest of us to wonder. Eightateight8 anyone?
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

So, I noticed that a decent number of posters on here have mentioned that they no longer jump or that they took an extended break from the sport and since I've run out of current posts to read (you'd think that wouldn't be possible) thought I'd start a poll to see what people's reasons for no longer jumping were. (Better than trying to wade through the Speaker's Corner.)

I believe if you aren't currently jumping you shouldn't be on this site because after time you will forget things and give outdated advice

LMAO! Boy, each and every day when I go to the toilet, I CRAP more experience than you have. And I haven't jumped since '97. STFU. :D

Back to the OP's original question.

I got out of the sport when I got out of the military where I was making free jumps on post and then had to pay for them. That was a minor issue though as I was prepared for it. The kicker was that I had a round reserve at the time and the folks out at Perris and Elsinore wouldn't let me jump with it. I could afford a few jumps once a month, but not a new reserve, so I stopped. I made a couple jumps here and there on rented or borrowed gear over the next few years but eventually stopped altogether.

Now I've got the bug to jump again but can't until I finish school and I'm gainfully employed again. Probably around the end of 2012 or 2013. :(
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

The problem with people that have the PJ attitude is they just disappear from DZ.com and leave the rest of us to wonder. Eightateight8 anyone?

PJ is giving swoop lessons?? I thought the smelly pepper could only give FF lessons?? Oh well, sign me up!!B|:D:D
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

PJ is giving swoop lessons?? I thought the smelly pepper could only give FF lessons?? Oh well, sign me up!!B|:D:D

Get a few more jumps and then i'll show you a thing or two, i started with kneeflying

Well that should not be a problem. Looks like you did 8 jumps overnight.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama