shah269

SAVE YOUR ASS! Cool idea!

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/underwear_visibility_and_misc_/riding_underwear/alpinestars/compression_motorcycle_shorts.html

I likey, what a nice way to protect your tail bone and your ass. If nothing it will make the ride up more comfy and protect your junk so you won't get a nut under.

Ladies, it will make you look booootylicious!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm kinda old school when it comes to protecting my ass - I'll stick to the PLF.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Like save YOUR ass? Are you looking for contributions so you don't hurt yourself again?

Nope just thought I would share this one.
Nice way to protect your but on the ride up from little bumps. I'm not sure if it will provide any impact resistance if you crash your brains out. But it's a nice idea.
I've seen snow boarders ware similar things and motocross guys as well. If nothing may prevent a bruise or two. And if you like to take long motorcycle rides like I do it could also help you there.
Just sharing.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I think they'd be miserable for long bike rides. The foam is a fairly dense foam that would feel like blocks on your ass. They are designed for sharp impacts with small dense objects. Like features you would find in the park at ski/snowboard places and when you wipe out on a bike around ramps or if you get hit by the bike wiping out. I use them when skiing in the park. They work very well for taking shocks when you lose it on a rail or box and come down ass first on the edge of said object. But it still hurts like hell when you land on something like the solid ice that can be at the foot of boxes and rails. They aren't especially comfortable on the chair rides back up.

Oh shucks! Thanks for the heads up I almost bought them for riding.
You don't think they would help absorb and thus protect tailbones or hips on off landings or offer any kind of additional comfort while sitting on the ride up?
Thanks!

Man up a bit, will ya? Its a 20 minute ride, it's gonna be a bit of a squeeze and you're ass may not get the posh treatment it's apparently so used to. You're probably one of those people that can't live without their cushioned toilette seats or quadruple layered, three-dolla-roll toilette paper.

Get your pampered ass in a narrow-bodied Cessna behind a tall pilot sometime and maybe then, Mr. Softie, will you appreciate what you got.

Jeezus, otter babies...

Here's a posting hint: if you're going to personally abuse someone - for example, the OP of a thread - click on his thread, not the thread of the person immediately before you. You were just a big, fat dickhead to an innocent bystander.

Acceptable collateral damage. Think of the children.

For me, and this is just me. I bruised my tail bone last summer. Nothing deadly just a major pain in the ass.
And just saw this padded undies and though....sure why not.
The price is not bad so just asking for opinions.
Danka
Shah

Designed for impacts, not sitting on.
Ever watch motocross???
Those guys are never seated, always up on their legs.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

I think the context should be sufficient to indicate who I was talking about. I'm obviously in no position to give topdocker shit, nor would it be adviseable as I have seen the what can happen in a certain ongoing crew forum thread...

And telling someone (in an admittedly drunken manner) that spending 50 bucks on padded underwear because the ride up is uncomfortable is a wimpy thing to do is not really personal abuse. It's merely a continuation of the pointless, endless and impersonal shit-show that is dropzone.com and shouldn't be taken seriously.

So yea, sorry for adding to the noise, and please, don't mind me and continue debating the relative merits of different brands of ass padding for plane rides.

plf

That seems like an acceptable alternative to spending $$$ on some fancy underwear.

Don't laugh that's how I bruised my tail bone. Just didn't turn far enough to ride on my hip and just hit a little rock.
Well it was just a thought...that will be all.

In fairness to Shah, he's a newbie, and he's an engineer, and he's trying to innovate. Not every idea necessarily works out, but the only way to rule something in or out is to get the idea out there in the first place. It's how the sport of skydiving - both on the gear end and the jumping end - has progressed since, say, Bill Cole or Scratch Garrison were skinny kids making their first jumps.

In fairness to Shah, he's a newbie, and he's an engineer, and he's trying to innovate

Yeah sorry about that....

Shah's an engineer?
Man, I always wanted to drive trains!

Only those with a skinny caboose :P
Just had lunch with a friend who actually has a pair.
He and his wife ride a Triumph and are always doing 300 mile rides.
He says it's very comfy. He's never fallen while wearing one but says the padding is about 1/4 in thick and is soft but not too soft and my offer a bit of protection if you fall over on your side while riding.
Now will that protect your bum and hips at say 15-40mph on grass? Who knows.