Alliecat

Which type of parachute is right for me??

Im just a beginner fixing to go to AFF school. Im just browsing online to get a good idea of how much money i need to save up to buy some gear. My question is there are alot of different types/sizes of parachutes out there and i want to know which would be right for me?
Im about 5'2 and muscular 200lbs.

Im just a beginner fixing to go to AFF school. Im just browsing online to get a good idea of how much money i need to save up to buy some gear. My question is there are alot of different types/sizes of parachutes out there and i want to know which would be right for me?

Not sure I've ever seen a 5 foot 2 inch, 200 pound "muscular" skydiver. At least not one who could fall with all the not-so "muscular" folks.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

As far as size and type, your instructors will go over all of that.

For cost, getting the bare minimum used gear, probably expect at least 2,500. I got my rig a little over a year ago, used for 1,700. It gets the job done so I'm hanging on to it. No AAD though.

Then the sky is the limit for new stuff. Containers are around 2500, mains 2000, reserves 1500ish, jump suits are like 3-500, helmets 200-500. cypress2 1400

You gotta make sure it all coordinates though so you can look hot for all the hot chicks.

Not sure I've ever seen a 5 foot 2 inch, 200 pound "muscular" skydiver. At least not one who could fall with all the not-so "muscular" folks.

Huh? That only represents a BMI of 36.6.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How tall is Jack Burke?

:o:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You are going to fall FAST, and not everyone will be able to keep up with you comfortably. This will be no problem for you as a student. However, when you are licensed and want to play with others it will become an issue.... Jumpsuits can really help you regulate your fall rate.

If you see the instructors playing "paper, rock, scissors" before they greet you.... You now know why.

Have fun!!!!

Dooorrrrrr!!!!!!!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

He could get a tight suit and flatfly with the darksiders....

You're assuming that AllieCat is a man - no real name in their profile... could be a woman :P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I don't know much about BMI. It just sounded a bit chunky to me, even if he is muscular.

Either way, I think he'd have a killer fallrate.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I don't know much about BMI. It just sounded a bit chunky to me, even if he is muscular.

BMI is a ratio of height to weight that was invented sometime between the years of 1830 and 1850. If you take a modern athlete that trains heavily with heavy weight, that athlete will easily be considered "obese" by the 160 year old "standard." That is regardless to having a low body fat percentage.

For instance, Chuck, you are supposed to weigh around 160lbs.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

BMI is a ratio of height to weight that was invented sometime between the years of 1830 and 1850. If you take a modern athlete that trains heavily with heavy weight, that athlete will easily be considered "obese" by the 160 year old "standard." That is regardless to having a low body fat percentage.

For instance, Chuck, you are supposed to weigh around 160lbs.

Yeah, but I'm muscular.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Take your AFF course and enjoy it -you'll learn everything you need to know there.

But when you buy your first parachute make for sure it's an OVERHEAD model!!! Those UNDERNEATH models are difficult to land - only for experts!!!!

:P

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73