brnnncrzy77

New Oakleys

Anyone using Liquid? I was gonna buy a pair, but a couple at my DZ bought some had an issue with them and now liquid isn't providing the customer support they promised. In fact won't even respond to their numerous calls. I really think the transitions lenses would be nice. But i'm not gonna buy something from somebody I know from that start doesn't support their product. I've had oakleys but they seem over priced for what they are. More like trendy glasses than practical. Still like my gatorz except that the damn rubbers on the bows always stretch, get loose, and end up with me just ripping them off in frustration.

I'd really like to know who these people are. You can have them contact me direct. I find it hard to believe Liquid has been non responsive to their issues but not knowing the facts and both sides of the story I will give you and your friends the benefit of the doubt. If they contact me, I will ensure any legitimate issue they have is brought to the attention and dealt with by Liquid personally. Liquid stands behind their product 100% and then some so I find this claim to be a bit hard to believe but I am willing to help your friends resolve any issue they might have.

What exactly were the issues they had with their glasses?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Not every goggle/sunglasses fits all heads, especially for skydiving. I, for example, tried about 70 different goggles and sunglasses and none of them fit my head. It took me 3 years to find some sunglasses I could use for skydiving. My eyes are pretty deep and the room between my forehead and cheek is pretty big. This makes it near impossible to find glasses that I can use for skydiving. The problem with goggles is that they distort the view.

I also like the concept of changing lenses for different types of jumps. The Gatorz Converter has this option but the glasses seem to pop out while skydiving (I have a pair and glued them). This is why the Oakley could be very suitable for skydiving.

There are a HUGE number of goggles available for skydiving, all of which are nowhere near that amount.

What do you hate about goggles, and have you checked your local gear store for other options?

I have a pair of flex fits i bought for $15 7 years ago, and although a little bent, still get jumped.

Blue skies!

Anyone using Liquid? I was gonna buy a pair, but a couple at my DZ bought some had an issue with them and now liquid isn't providing the customer support they promised. In fact won't even respond to their numerous calls. I really think the transitions lenses would be nice. But i'm not gonna buy something from somebody I know from that start doesn't support their product. I've had oakleys but they seem over priced for what they are. More like trendy glasses than practical. Still like my gatorz except that the damn rubbers on the bows always stretch, get loose, and end up with me just ripping them off in frustration.

I'd really like to know who these people are. You can have them contact me direct. I find it hard to believe Liquid has been non responsive to their issues but not knowing the facts and both sides of the story I will give you and your friends the benefit of the doubt. If they contact me, I will ensure any legitimate issue they have is brought to the attention and dealt with by Liquid personally. Liquid stands behind their product 100% and then some so I find this claim to be a bit hard to believe but I am willing to help your friends resolve any issue they might have.

I was with them at summerfest boogie and listened to the sales pitch and tried a pair on with them. The guy bought a pair for his wife and recieved full instruction on how to adjust them and such. Throughout the week they didn't fit tight enough so she adjusted them as instructed and they snapped, near or inside the bow I believe. Husband said he's called numerous times and not gotten a response back. I've made it a point to ask every time I've seen them since because I was looking at buying a pair and wanted to make sure they were happy before I purchased. Based on the salesman's words I figured they would have excellent support. I should see them tomorrow at our DZ, I'll have him PM you.

I was with them at summerfest boogie and listened to the sales pitch and tried a pair on with them. The guy bought a pair for his wife and recieved full instruction on how to adjust them and such. Throughout the week they didn't fit tight enough so she adjusted them as instructed and they snapped, near or inside the bow I believe. Husband said he's called numerous times and not gotten a response back. I've made it a point to ask every time I've seen them since because I was looking at buying a pair and wanted to make sure they were happy before I purchased. Based on the salesman's words I figured they would have excellent support. I should see them tomorrow at our DZ, I'll have him PM you.

Liquid will take care of that issue I am certain. I cannot address why the husband has not received a call back since every time I call the Liquid office someone answers the phone but I will mention it to them as well. Have your friend PM/email me and I will make sure his issue is dealt with. :)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Call me old school. A hard lens that can fracture to a sharp edge can gouge an eye. So can aluminum or hard plastic frames. Sooner or later, you will be in the sky with others. That's when the full contact aspect of this sport will surface for you.
Getting a foot or elbow in the face combined with the dynamics of high speed in free fall will hurt badly enough with out adding a severe laceration from a jagged edge.B|
I recommend soft Kroops.;)

While I don't disagree with this, I feel if your concern is blunt force trauma to the face then you have other issues to be concerned with and kroops or not, you're gonna have issues period and perhaps a full face helmet is the ticket. With that said, sunglasses like Gatorz ,cheap-os, or even regular eyeglasses that are not ANSI certified could potentially be an issue with something as mundane as falling down on landing or tripping on a run out if a lens breaks into your face. Liquid's glasses are ANSI certified, meaning they are safety glasses, the lenses, the frame, everything had to pass ANSI standards for impact protection to receive that rating. That doesn't make ones face bullet proof by any means but the level of impact protection they provide exceeds any of the other, non ANSI certified glasses people use for skydiving (gatorz, kroops,cheap-os, etc), while mowing the grass or riding the Harley.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Getting a foot or elbow in the face combined with the dynamics of high speed in free fall will hurt badly enough with out adding a severe laceration from a jagged edge.

If someone kicks/elbows me in the head hard enough to break my all aluminum Players into jagged pieces, I will probably be dead. I am all for mitigating risks, but the likelihood that an accident occurs that is made worse by wearing ANSI certified sunglasses is vanishingly small. The protection provided by the frame and lense far outweighs the risk.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Agreed.

I remember the Oakley displays with a pair of the glasses that had been shot with 12ga shot.
Interesting stretchy dimples!

If somethings going to hit me THAT hard, I'll take indestructible sunglasses over flimsy plastic sheets any day.

I witnessed a person take shrapnel to the face in Iraq and the Oakleys he had on saved his eyes. So Oakley and Kaenon are the only two brands of sunglasses that I trust with my eyes. No way I would trust a pair of $15 shades in free fall or anywhere else.

u werent flying, u were falling with style

Hi Scott.....
I also agree with your statement. However, the OP has 6 jumps. A riser across the face from a poor body position on deployment could be just as bad as contact on a speed exit in competition. Scenarios that could occur are endless.
Like I posted earlier. "Call me old school".
BTW, I took your advice on the Night Hawk. Thx.

I jump with a pair of Oakley Jawbone's. I'm biased with Oakley and have been for years but the Jawbone's can fit nicely in a full face helmet, an open face helmet or just attached to my head with that little strap thing on the back.

While they're not sealed, but do occasionally fog up because they have a tight fit. I just wait til the door is about to open before I put them fully in place.
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I'm currently using a pair of ESS Profile goggles for jumping and ESS Ice eyeshields for on the ground. The big advantage is that both take the prescription lens insert so I can switch between goggles and shades by just moving the inserts from one to the other.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

I use a pair of $35 construction safety glasses that I got from a mechanical subcontractor. They're comfy, fit my face well, and the lenses are just right. Tack on that they're Z87.1 rated and I've got a winner. Oh, and they're camouflage B|.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/634871/edge_eyewear_tsm215cf_polarized_protective_eyewear?s=1