mchamp

Best Full Time DZ

So I was wondering whats your opinion on the best full time DZ in the United States in the month of March?

I've got 2 weeks off work that I want to buy a BLOCK of jumps (50ish) for a good price with planes (maybe multiple) constantly turning and best chance for good weather during that month.

Opinions/Experiences/Thoughts?
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Depends what you are wanting to do... Try out Z-Hills... A great time of the year for Florida.

I'm aiming to freefly and plenty of it! I was looking at Z-hills but their block rate isn't that much better than regular lift ticket prices. Since I'm planning on doing 50-100ish jumps (depending on weather) the extra few bucks adds up quite a bit! I'm also looking for a DZ that I could stay at on site either almost or all the time for 2 weeks.

Remster... I'm game to do 100 jumps in 2 weeks if I can make do it with 1 rig and hoping that the weather will cooperate! hah

Escape to Elsinore in March. At least two, probably three turning aircraft on Fridays, Sat, Sunday, and busy through the week with military and sport jumpers. Bunkhouse on site. Weather is typically quite good in March.

Edit to add: Perris and San Diego are also quite close to Elsinore, and Perris has a tunnel in the event weather does get bad.

In March, you probably just want to focus on dz's in CA, FL and AZ to get the most jumpable weather. Oh, and maybe Texas too; not too sure about their weather all through the month.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

For fun, it is hard to beat Zhills.

But DSE had a good thought.... Is there a boogie anywhere that might be a good event to attend?

I'd focus my search on CA and on FL. Both have big DZ's within a few hours drive of each other, tunnels, etc.

Elsinore has the escape boogie...

Zhills has:

2-3-4 - FLCPA 2012 Meet 2 , www.swoopleague.com for the competition info and details. Watch many of the world's finest swoop competitors take to the field. Scott Roberts of SlipStream will be here coaching this weekend as well.

2nd - Friday is Coaching Day
3-4 - Competiton Days.

Mar 20 - April 1 - Z-Flock 8.0 and the wingsuiters descend upon Skydive City for a weekend of 'guys in skirts' - fabulous flying and formations. See you there, contact scott

I'd more focus on if there is an event somewhere.

Elsinore is a fun DZ. But, I moved to Zhills..... Twice.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Skydive sebastian has their March Madness event during that time. They have a different event going every weekend throughout the month. I was at zhills and sebastian last winter and it sebastian seemed to be more catered for freeflyers than zhills. But Zhills is awesome too. Either way you can't go wrong.

Depends what you are wanting to do... Try out Z-Hills... A great time of the year for Florida.

+1 Florida is beautiful that time of year. Who am I kidding? Florida is always beautiful! B|

Cloud cover might slow a jump pig down in Fla.
Eloy wont have much cloud if any. and you can crank out a whole bunch in 2 weeks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We are a whole bunch of norwegians going to z-hills between the 1th and 20th of march. come there and get to know us, who knows, maybe you'll make friends and come over to jump over the majestic fjords and mountains in norway some day as well :)

Is this Stian or Knut by any chance I met 2 weekends ago? Same job and jump numbers as you but a wild guess haha

I'm actually flying from Thailand so florida is more time and $ spent traveling and less time spent jumping so I'll most likely end up somewhere in Cali or AZ. (last time I was in florida during march I got winded & rained out for a while....skydive expo... so I'm trying somewhere new!)

I actually plan to visit Voss this summer, keep in touch I'm sure I'll bump into ya sometime! Have an epic time in Z-hills!

I PM'ed you my name and info, add me on Facebook!

No, It's not..haha.

Voss is where I did my AFF and i consider it to be my home DZ, regardless of having a 4-5 hour drive up there from Stavanger where I live :P

You should really come there sometime! B|

Edit: search for voss freefly festival and the nordic meet at vimeo to see some cool fotage from the DZ!

Mar 20 - April 1 - Z-Flock 8.0 and the wingsuiters descend upon Skydive City for a weekend of 'guys in skirts' - fabulous flying and formations.

Does this mean little newbie me won't be able to jump? :S
Are there fun jumps going on between all the wingsuiters?

I am trying to plan my Spring Break vacation down in Florida - trying to decide between Skydive City and Skydive Sebastian. I am very newly A-licensed and looking to spend most of my break skydiving. (March 23-April 1). Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

Mar 20 - April 1 - Z-Flock 8.0 and the wingsuiters descend upon Skydive City for a weekend of 'guys in skirts' - fabulous flying and formations.

Does this mean little newbie me won't be able to jump? :S
Are there fun jumps going on between all the wingsuiters?

Thanks!

It wont have any decernable impact on you. ZHills can accomadate quite a few jumpers ;):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Does this mean little newbie me won't be able to jump?

You will get as many jumps as you want. The only thing you will notice is a bunch of guys wearing wingsuits waddling around.

Nothing wrong with Sebastian.... But I have always found zhills to be one of the most open and friendly DZs
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The only thing you will notice is a bunch of guys wearing wingsuits waddling around.

Would it be weird if I was taking tons of pictures of these waddling wingsuiters? (ha ha) I am fascinated with wingsuits and I cannot wait until I am skilled enough to fly one myself! B|

I just might be sold on Z-Hills because of the Wingsuiters! :o

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

The only thing you will notice is a bunch of guys wearing wingsuits waddling around.

Would it be weird if I was taking tons of pictures of these waddling wingsuiters? (ha ha) I am fascinated with wingsuits and I cannot wait until I am skilled enough to fly one myself! B|

I just might be sold on Z-Hills because of the Wingsuiters! :o
just tell them you are a freeflyer,...We always have cameras :D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am trying to plan my Spring Break vacation down in Florida - trying to decide between Skydive City and Skydive Sebastian. I am very newly A-licensed and looking to spend most of my break skydiving. (March 23-April 1). Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Try and go to Skydive Expo down in DeLand if you can, its one amazing event where you can talk to almost all the manufacturers about their products and MANY GREAT FREE SEMINARS to learn things from the best many of the top people in the sport! I had 35jumps last time I went so no worries about just being a newly licensed skydiver!

April 3-8 though but perhaps some classes could be skipped haha
https://www.facebook.com/SkydiveExpo
&
http://SkydiveExpo.com/

Try and go to Skydive Expo down in DeLand if you can...

.....April 3-8.....

Thanks for the information and suggestion, but I have to absolutely fly back home on April 1 at the latest! I like the sound of free seminars, but this just does not fit my schedule. Too bad it was not a week earlier!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver