Noise complaints, from Cessna jumpships at 10k??

http://www.mcpost.com/article.php?id=4336

Planes are from Skydive Surf City, a tandem operation that takes off from Watsonville CA and drops over the beach near Rio Del Mar/Aptos (a few miles south of Santa Cruz).

Don't shoot messenger. I LIKE airplane sounds.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"Jones said he thinks many people may not be completely aware of what they're hearing yet, due to its low frequency, but that it is most likely influencing their sleep patterns and even causing depression."

LOL! This says it all. It's some old curmudggeon with too much time and too few hobbies.
Apex BASE

Next up, he'll want to ban the operation of home air-conditioners with their humming motors, and all the traffic on the seaside highway.

Then finally, Ahh, peace and quiet at last!

But, wait... What's that noise? It's the darned surf, with its incessently pounding waves! Arghh!

"Jones said he thinks many people may not be completely aware of what they're hearing yet, due to its low frequency, but that it is most likely influencing their sleep patterns and even causing depression."

Sleep patterns? They do that many night jumps down in Santa Cruz?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Planes are from Skydive Surf City, a tandem operation that takes off from Watsonville CA and drops over the beach near Rio Del Mar/Aptos (a few miles south of Santa Cruz).

Hi 77',
Obviously the guy stuck his head too far up his as* and his sphincter muscle has clamped down on his esophagus and cut off the air flow to his brain causing serious O2 starvation causing this delusional behavior!! 'Can be easily "RECTAfied" by him pulling his head out of his ass!! Do I have to say anything else??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

"most likely" ???

Guy must be a lawyer not a scientist. Let's throw rational analysis to the wind. Why stop at sleep disruption and depression? The sound of a single engine Cessna at 10,000 ft undoubtedly is responsible for local kids' poor academic performance. Cancer and birth defects too.

Beached whales? Blame skydiving.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I love how people move in near the ocean that has been in operation for quite a few years.

Millions, I'd think.

After they move in they decide the noise is too much for them and expect it to cease operating. >:(;)

Actually, King Cnut the Great tried that, too. Fail.

"I hate to end their fun," Jones said, "but I'd just like to see them move to an area that's less populated."
Or he could move to a less populated area!

Someone else in the article said their were stunt planes that fly low and often as well and they didn't think it was the skydiving plane!

"I hate to end their fun," Jones said, "but I'd just like to see them move to an area that's less populated."
Or he could move to a less populated area!

Someone else in the article said their were stunt planes that fly low and often as well and they didn't think it was the skydiving plane!

I believe that of the people that complain such as this article is based on, fixate on the "skydivers" aspect of the issue and think that since they are targeting a fringe and dangerous group they will be able to have a desired impact, such as moving flight operations away from "them" with all of their "hooting and hollering"

Throw in an important sounding acronym such as "LHN" to add scientific credibility to their worthless complaint.

On the face of it, it's a seemingly reasonable request, after all it's only those damn skydivers.

Randy and his miserable wife need to get out of the house on the weekends and do something, anything, with their boring unhappy lives. That is what the reporter should have written about. :P

Hi 77',
Obviously the guy stuck his head too far up his as* and his sphincter muscle has clamped down on his esophagus and cut off the air flow to his brain causing serious O2 starvation causing this delusional behavior!! 'Can be easily "RECTAfied" by him pulling his head out of his ass!! Do I have to say anything else??

Did you just call that guy a Quebec separatist politician?