agent_lead

my first reserve ride...total mal

so i just spent the weekend at SDLI's awesome casa boogie..

had a great time...

started our first jump there off with a 4 way...nothing too crazy i was the only one out of our 4way that had ever been there before so they just wanted to get acclimated to the surroundings...

break at 5k...

pull at 3.5...wait..wahts this??nothing is happening...

i look over my shoulder and see my pilot chute flapping in the wind...

ok...wow...somethings feels different...yeah..that would be my heartrate...

pull cutaway handle...drop it...pull reserve...drop it..

2 seconds...still falling...

BOOF...finally...under a nice white reserve that had never been jumped before today...

ahhhhh...

so i get down on the ground and it turns out the guy i used as a packer for my last jump of last weekend had packed me a misrouted bridle...you coulda tied this thing to the bumper of a truck and that pin wouldnt have come out..

anyways...i have a new respect/faith in my reserve...not that i didnt have it before...but now i KNOW that it works...

twas scary as all hell...but i landed fine and was packed up in about 2 hours thanx to the awesome rigger at SDLI...THANX!

after that it was buisness as usual...had a great time..

glad to still be alive!

just felt like sharing that...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

outstanding job of saving yourself!

Make sure to take care of your rigger!

Agreed on the rigger. Just make sure to ask what bottle is preferred. But the crowbar you use on the packer is your choice.:|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

i do pack for myself...this was the last load of a long weekend and i was just exhausted...

i did check it...as did another jumper on the way to the load...

theres video of the container as i landed floating around somewhere...

also..what do i get my rigger if he dosent drink?

i did check it...as did another jumper on the way to the load...

If 2 of you checked it how is it that you both missed it. It is human nature to see what you are expecting to see. It is important to focus when doing a "pin' check and to know what to look for.

Get him a 12 pack of his favorite soft drink, a 1/2 gallon of good Ice cream or a bag of fruit.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hey, good job ! Ain't it great to be alive ?! Pulled your cutaway ? That's okay, if that's the way you were trained you followed the drill. Dropped your handles ? Fahgettaboudit ! I'll accept that a packer might have misrouted a bridle so completely that it can't be seeen (his name wasn't Uncle Fester, I hope...). There are things you can & should do with packers, like ALWAYS set your own brakes, set your own kill line, and re-open your slider, but shit happens. What counts the most is you did the right thing and are counted among the living.

"Hurray for Agent Lead, he made it at last
(everybody sing along!)"

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

what did you pay for the main pack job? I am guessing $6 or so. You get what you pay for.
Nothing against using packers as I do so more than I used to. However, I check bridle routing, pilot chute cocked, reserve pin seating, Cypres status before I put it on my back.
Check Thy Gear.

Foggy

what did you pay for the main pack job? I am guessing $6 or so. You get what you pay for.
Nothing against using packers as I do so more than I used to. However, I check bridle routing, pilot chute cocked, reserve pin seating, Cypres status before I put it on my back.
Check Thy Gear.

Foggy

Since you are the one who will be leaving an airplane with it on your back I would say that makes you smarter than the average bear.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

well..my reserve worked...and i trust him very much...

any other REAL suggestions for him?

Why don't you ask HIM? A rigger that doesn't drink has probably been asked that before. Maybe he'd like some gourmet coffee. Or chocolates. Just say, "Hey, I know you don't drink but I'd really like to get you something for the save."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

YEAH I ASKED HIM....dam caps...

he said dont worry about a bottle...get me a binch of those crazy chinese candies you always bring to the DZ...

and so i shall...

i told him he saved my fucking life!!!

heyyy lead (led?) - nice to see you made it back home safely! that rigger at SDLI (the one who repacked the reserve for ya) - his name is Gocke, and yes he is AWESOME - I'm glad you had fun at the boogie - I know I did :-) see ya!
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh