carbonezone

Skydive St.Petersburg = Skyride

So last night at work some friends ask me about a new dropzone down the road from Zhills and I say not that I know of, and they say yes there is because they have seen the signs. Ok, let's check it out. Well sure enough it appears that Cary Q. has moved one of his degenerates into our neighborhood. They must have set up tandem dropzone here in the tampa area (near Plant City) like they did in Tennessee and New York The pictures posted in the gallery are at ASC in Georgia. Jump dude and Jan you might want to flag them on the website. Looks like they also have several skydive Tampabay websites http://skydivetampabay.com/. http://www.tampaskydive.com/index.php
Tami
http://www.skydivingstpetersburgfl.com/?g00aw

Looking back at the anti-skyride website and its listings of DZs that takes the Skyride GCs or not, I'm not sure how long ago it's been updated but it does show several DZs that do take the GCs...

Skydive Panama City, Calhoun County Airport (F95), 16701 NW Agri Park Rd, Altha, FL 32421, (850) 674-5867, Email; [email protected] Does NOT Accept Skyride!
Skydive City, Zephyrhills Municipal Airport (KZPH) 4241 Sky Dive Lane, Zephyrhills, Florida 33542 813-783-9399, [email protected] --Does NOT Accept Skyride!
School of Human Flight, 1310 Airport Dr, Quincy, Fla, 32352, 20 minutes west of Tallahasee, [email protected], 850-627-7643 --Does NOT accept Skyride!
Skydive South West Florida, Shell Creek Airport (F13), 36880 Washington Loop Road, Punta Gorda, Florida 33982, Phone; 1-863-675-8470, Email; [email protected], Does NOT Accept Skyride!
Florida Skydiving Center at Lake Wales, Unconfirmed?
Freefall Adventures Florida, Inc, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Air Adventures, Inc., Unconfirmed?
Skydive Coleman, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Miami, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Palatka, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Umatilla, Unconfirmed?
Swoopers Paradise, Unconfirmed?
Skydive DeLand, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Sebastian, Unconfirmed?
Skydive Jacksonville, Jacksonville - Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Space Center, Titusville - Accepts Skyride
Skydive Tampa Bay, Mulberry - Accepts Skyride
Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales- Accepts Skyride

For those of you who do take the GCs, nice going you morons! Those fuckheads have set up their own DZ right in your backyard and will be competing for your tandem and student business, and they are not there to share, they are going to take as much as they possibly can.

:|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Looking back at the anti-skyride website and its listings of DZs that takes the Skyride GCs or not, I'm not sure how long ago it's been updated but it does show several DZs that do take the GCs...

Skydive Panama City, Calhoun County Airport (F95), 16701 NW Agri Park Rd, Altha, FL 32421, (850) 674-5867, Email; [email protected] Does NOT Accept Skyride!
Skydive City, Zephyrhills Municipal Airport (KZPH) 4241 Sky Dive Lane, Zephyrhills, Florida 33542 813-783-9399, [email protected] --Does NOT Accept Skyride!
School of Human Flight, 1310 Airport Dr, Quincy, Fla, 32352, 20 minutes west of Tallahasee, [email protected], 850-627-7643 --Does NOT accept Skyride!
Skydive South West Florida, Shell Creek Airport (F13), 36880 Washington Loop Road, Punta Gorda, Florida 33982, Phone; 1-863-675-8470, Email; [email protected], Does NOT Accept Skyride!

For those of you who do take the GCs, nice going you morons! Those fuckheads have set up their own DZ right in your backyard and will be competing for your tandem and student business, and they are not there to share, they are going to take as much as they possibly can.

^^ This.

Here's a thread with the list current as of November 2007. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3016304#3016304. However, that thread is locked. Are there more current lists?

^^ This.

Here's a thread with the list current as of November 2007. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3016304#3016304. However, that thread is locked. Are there more current lists?

The above list that I quoted came directly off jumpdude's anti-skyride website, here: http://1800skyrideripoff.com/

I'll have to check with him on how current it is, but it definitely is a lot more current than what you referred to.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ok...did a bit more searching and I found the listing for the dropzone in plant city. It's called Jump Florida Skydive Center oddly enough a dropzone in Lake Wales uses the same name? I have attached some screen shots below. Me thinks there are quite a FEW people rolling around in the hay :o. Could this really be Cary Q's. Not so sure now.
Tami C.

Ok...did a bit more searching and I found the listing for the dropzone in plant city. It's called Jump Florida Skydive Center oddly enough a dropzone in Lake Wales uses the same name? I have attached some screen shots below. Me thinks there are quite a FEW people rolling around in the hay :o. Could this really be Cary Q's. Not so sure now.
Tami C.

Love the fact its right there by Hillsboro Solid Waste Site :ph34r:

I heard about a month an a half ago from a staff member @ Lake Wales, that there was a operator on that private strip and they couldn't make the lease pmt.... then the boys from up north came down and set up shop from Start Skydiving there on that strip. IDK if that is true or not, just what I was told.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I heard about a month an a half ago from a staff member @ Lake Wales, that there was a operator on that private strip and they couldn't make the lease pmt.... then the boys from up north came down and set up shop from Start Skydiving there on that strip. IDK if that is true or not, just what I was told.

You might be thinking of the one in Mt. Dora here
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I believe that the Start Skydiving Location in Florida is near Coleman FL, which is about 60 miles from Plant City. You may be mixing apples and oranges.

oops - Rick is right - Mt Dora.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Same DZ:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4296477;search_string=plane%20crash%20chalet;#4296477

http://proskydiving.com/skydive/fl/locations/jump-florida-at-chalet-suzanne
They moved from Chalet Suzane to somewhere around KPCM, though I don't know exactly where yet. I think it's Blackwater Creek, I am pretty sure I've heard jump aircraft talking to TPA approach from there.

ETA: It's a well known DZ for being VERY shady.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I think it is the Lake Wales 'Chalet' DZ that is operating out of backwater creek flight park right down 39. I was there the other day looking at a plane and saw the DZ flags. Someone asked about my ratings and offered me a job.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think it is the Lake Wales 'Chalet' DZ that is operating out of backwater creek flight park right down 39. I was there the other day looking at a plane and saw the DZ flags. Someone asked about my ratings and offered me a job.

Correct. I've driven by it a few times. It is some light-aero / ultralight grass strip. I know it has screwed up (by which I mean annoyed the pilots) jump ops as the 11k turn up to jump run can be over the plant if you're running north (which, of course, you know).

Don't know the drama but the rumint is that it had to do with bad juju at chalet Suzanne + a lot of groupon tandem lift and they needed a place to drop.

Dunno the details nor do I really care...dealing with some groupons and, it seems, booking more.

The above list that I quoted came directly off jumpdude's anti-skyride website, here: http://1800skyrideripoff.com/

I'll have to check with him on how current it is, but it definitely is a lot more current than what you referred to.

I've been pretty covered up in the last year or so with getting my life back together.
I've had some nice changes in my life, no wife to stop me from skydiving, and racing, kids are almost grown, son and possibly daughter making their first jumps in a couple of weeks, been making it to Boogies, life is getting better overall! B|
I am aware of a lot of the changes in the sLyride scam, most of their new names, and I have just in the last month or so, started updating some of the sites to make them more effective and hopefully be more straight and to the point, which includes screenshots of the sLyride sites that effect certain areas, and since my area has been negatively effected by that nuisance so called DZ over in Waverly, I started with the site for them! astskydiving.net and another one for Chicago is beloitskydiving.com

The answer for how current the list is, only about 30%, but I've made a few calls already and more coming soon, so hopefully, we will have it up to 100% soon and find less that are taking the tickets than in the past.

If anyone wants to get their DZ listed, feel free to PM me or Billy and we will get your DZ listed. It's totally free and it's a PR-3 link to your site, and we ARE NOT a middle man, but we do intend to get between the customer and the sLyride sites and direct those customers back to the REAL DZ's! ;)

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail/EntityName/flal-l10000124708-a1dfda5a-5f69-485b-9dbc-2a2b834f6fc1/jump%20florida/Page1

Jump Florida Skydiving, run by Tim Jones and Pascoal Rodrigues, they moved from Chalet Suzanne to Hwy 39/Plant City area earlier this year.

nothing to do with Skyride or any of that, (that I am aware of) just doing regular GroupOn rates like so many others in the area, gutting tandem prices while trying to make a living and wondering why you have no money to fix planes and gear.

we raised our tandem prices instead.

;)

Good points!

It's almost pointless trying to keep track of "Individual" DZ'z at this point yo do a search on a computer, and if the word's: Parachute, skydive, tandem, etc,..are in the search box,..."Adventure sports" is going to come up in the strangest places...This totally sucks and I'll tell ya from speaking with a number of dz's it's a legal battel that the public is the eventual looser!!!>:(
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

GroupOn rates like so many others in the area, gutting tandem prices

Yea a few yrs. back I watched a now felon start a dz and then under cut the market that was at 240.00 per TDM... by lowering the rates to 129.00 a TDM in an effort to cause the other locals and long time dz's out of biz. Now they are doing the groupOn shit too and the advertised price is 129.00.

They claim they make up the $$$ in the volume they do... wouldn't have anything to do with the money he stole from the IRS to fund the "team" and start up the dz, and the country club membership.

Totally fucking up a good market and trying to harm other dz's. Oh yea they are in your market too and doing the same tactics down there too. The Kool aid drinkers think it's great.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

http://www.groupon.com/deals/skydive-orlampa-1

$105 for One Tandem Skydive ($210 Value) :S:S

From the picture in the groupon, I wonder how much more it costs to use a drogue. :D

Apparently they have updated their page.

http://www.skydiveorlanpa.com/Home.php

I didn't link the URL's on purpose :P

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

An award-winning restaurant and full-service bar supply participants with snacks and drinks after their dives. Patrons can even make a weekend of their dives by staying in one of Skydive Orlanpa's 26 guest rooms replete with cable TV and WiFi.

So, do they mean stay at Chalet Suzanne, even though the plane is taking off in Plant City?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

An award-winning restaurant and full-service bar supply participants with snacks and drinks after their dives. Patrons can even make a weekend of their dives by staying in one of Skydive Orlanpa's 26 guest rooms replete with cable TV and WiFi.

So, do they mean stay at Chalet Suzanne, even though the plane is taking off in Plant City?

Probably never got around to updating their groupon.

Ah...I found that on the Groupon ad. I was wondering how one was supposed to get back to their car if they were landing in Lake Wales but taking off in Plant City.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Ah...I found that on the Groupon ad. I was wondering how one was supposed to get back to their car if they were landing in Lake Wales but taking off in Plant City.

No, they're jumping at the private strip near PCM. Blackwater or something.

At least that's where they're telling ATC they're dropping. :D:D

theonlyski

http://www.groupon.com/deals/skydive-orlampa-1

$105 for One Tandem Skydive ($210 Value) :S:S

From the picture in the groupon, I wonder how much more it costs to use a drogue. :D

Apparently they have updated their page.

http://www.skydiveorlanpa.com/Home.php

I didn't link the URL's on purpose :P

Nope! 2 different sites, same location! At least 2, maybe more out there!
http://jumpfloridaskydiving.com
http://www.skydiveorlanpa.com
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org