• 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80+

41 minutes ago, piisfish said:

Yet many of them argue like pre-teens :ohmygod:

A few years back, there was a very pleasant young lady who worked weekend manifest at the DZ. She was very good behind the desk. She wouldn't take any crap from anyone, but was patient and pleasant no matter how busy it got.

Her 'regular job' was a school teacher. She taught 3rd & 4th graders (9 & 10 year olds) with special needs.

I asked one time if dealing with skydivers helped her deal with young kids with special needs or if dealing with young kids with special needs helped her deal with skydivers.

She thought about if for a second or two and said something to the effect of 'It's about the same'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, feuergnom said:

The poll tells is that SC is inhabtitated by a bunch of old farts - not that I would have guessed anything Different 

And, most of these old farts have known each other for over 20 years. We've skydived together, had children, stayed in touch, bickered with each other, wept at skydiver funerals, and in some cases; loved each other. I wish you the same in life. 

• Like 4

(edited)

Forgot to add some sort of emoticon to make or clear that I am part of the problem and I feel home here for varios reasons :p

No need to get riled up so lighten up a bit. Times are dire enough 

Edited by feuergnom

11 hours ago, BIGUN said:

And, most of these old farts have known each other for over 20 years. We've skydived together, had children, stayed in touch, bickered with each other, wept at skydiver funerals, and in some cases; loved each other. I wish you the same in life. 

Agreed, to think I joined dz.com in 1999 in my mid twenties. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

According to this poll the majority reached age 18 from 1974 to 1983. What was influencing your decision making processes at that time?

Good question. I was recently returned from growing up in Brazil, going to college, and had spent a year working as a social worker to pay for the rest of college. Raised in a generally liberal family, I didn't disagree with their views for the most part. There was a fair amount of overt prejudice visible in Housto, where I was in school, and I considered that wrong. I was denied two jobs owing solely to my gender, and I was happy not to have been old enough to have voted in the 1972 election, as I didn't care for either candidate.

Wendy P. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

According to this poll the majority reached age 18 from 1974 to 1983. What was influencing your decision making processes at that time?

The Golden Years for becoming 18 were between 1974 and 1983, why wouldn't someone choose to be born between 1966 and 1975? If I'd have thought about it I would've. Now I'm screwed.

Edited by JoeWeber