1 1
brenthutch

Democrats at War!

11 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Gas prices are lowest since the pandemic. You were constantly blaming Biden for the high gas prices, yet somehow I haven't seen your post thanking him for bringing them back down....weird.

Especially so given the negative impact on EV sales predicted by the teeter totter economics of fuel prices.

42 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Especially so given the negative impact on EV sales predicted by the teeter totter economics of fuel prices.

US is now producing more oil than it ever did under Trump. Weird thing is, never hear Brent thanking Biden for outperforming Trump on energy independence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Gas prices are lowest since the pandemic. You were constantly blaming Biden for the high gas prices, yet somehow I haven't seen your post thanking him for bringing them back down....weird.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

US is now producing more oil than it ever did under Trump. Weird thing is, never hear Brent thanking Biden for outperforming Trump on energy independence.

That production is largely on private land, Biden has said his goal is to stop fossil fuels BTW gas prices are still above what they were during the Trump administration.  If I am wrong, I would love for you to point out the Biden policies that have encouraged fossil fuel production 

Edited by brenthutch

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That production is largely on private land, Biden has said his goal is to stop fossil fuels BTW gas prices are still above what they were during the Trump administration.  If I am wrong, I would love for you to point out the Biden policies that have encouraged fossil fuel production 

You nailed the impertinent bastard, well played. The last thing we want to do is have policies that encourage the private sector to what the government cannot do efficiently. Here's one for you: Canadian and Communist both start with a "C". Coincidence?  

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

BTW gas prices are still above what they were during the Trump administration.

Gas price May 2019: $2.90 - $3.49 in 2023 dollars
Gas price today: $3.27

I guess you can give thanks to Biden.

I would love for you to point out the Biden policies that have encouraged fossil fuel production 

===========================
Biden Administration Reopens Federal Lands for Oil and Gas Leasing Under Reformed Program
BROWNSTEIN CLIENT ALERT, APRIL 20, 2022

On April 18, 2022, the Bureau of Land Management (“BLM”) issued notices of oil and gas lease sales for approximately 144,000 acres of federal land in Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. "
============================

Don't tell me that Tucker Carlson didn't mention that!  

• Like 2

You are wrong, on both counts as has already been pointed out. You really should be thanking Biden. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You nailed the impertinent bastard, well played. The last thing we want to do is have policies that encourage the private sector to what the government cannot do efficiently. Here's one for you: Canadian and Communist both start with a "C". Coincidence?  

Brent, Biden and better gas prices. All start with a "B", all things to be thankful for at thanksgiving.

Just kidding, two out of three ain't bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/20/climate/biden-drilling-federal-lands.html

raising prices to drill hardly helps lower prices 

Yet somehow Biden did exactly that. A win for the American taxpayer and a win for the American consumer.

With the republican, trump team both the taxpayer and the consumer would have lost out. Because losing is what they do best.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

With the republicans trump team, both the taxpayer and the consumer would have lost out. 

But then they could blame Biden.  Or maybe Harris?  Call her a slut or a whore or something.  That always plays well with the deplorables.

• Like 1

Then why is Trump ahead in a rematch with Biden in the polls?

Because of you and articulate voters like you. I've said it here before: if Trump wins you will own your part of it. Brent, wake up man, this is not about your pet beliefs. This is about a war between the continuation of our Democracy and a slide into Autocracy. Anyone who cannot see that is nowhere near as smart as they think they are.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, billvon said:

But then they could blame Biden.  Or maybe Harris?  Call her a slut or a whore or something.  That always plays well with the deplorables.

I'm surprised they still see her as a woman, after what was (still is) said and posted about Michelle Obama.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Then why is Trump ahead in a rematch with Biden in the polls?

spacer.png

Perhaps its his promise to further reduce taxes by $1.1 trillion annually? Eliminate the IRS and the FBI?  In 2016 a prominent study predicted that trump would add $10 trillion to the debt and he did.

Perhaps he'd add $20 trillion new debt if re-elected again?

Edited by Phil1111

44 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

Perhaps its his promise to further reduce taxes by $1.1 trillion annually? Eliminate the IRS and the FBI?  In 2016 a prominent study predicted that trump would add $10 trillion to the debt and he did.

Perhaps he'd add $20 trillion new debt if re-elected again?

No one needs reminding about anything. Not in the US or the Netherlands or anywhere that our dumber and religious brethren reside hoping for an autocrat to save them. It's all over but the crying so live large, consume voraciously, and get while the getting is good. 

13 hours ago, billvon said:

Seen elsewhere:

It's rather interesting that they blame Harris for 'sleeping her way to the top', while simultaneously ignoring the reciprocal claim that her bosses illegally ignored seniority and merit and allowed her to use sex to bribe her way to promotion.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

We do?

I have yet to see anything but baseless accusations.

Harris has an impressive resume. But the most impressive "promotions" involved winning elections. Perhaps the skinny regent thinks she slept with the electorate.

On 11/24/2023 at 7:45 PM, billvon said:

Gas price May 2019: $2.90 - $3.49 in 2023 dollars
Gas price today: $3.27

I guess you can give thanks to Biden.

===========================
Biden Administration Reopens Federal Lands for Oil and Gas Leasing Under Reformed Program
BROWNSTEIN CLIENT ALERT, APRIL 20, 2022

On April 18, 2022, the Bureau of Land Management (“BLM”) issued notices of oil and gas lease sales for approximately 144,000 acres of federal land in Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. "
============================

Don't tell me that Tucker Carlson didn't mention that!  

Aren’t they required by statute to do so?  Biden gets credit for just following the law?

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

At least we know that sex was involved in these promotions ...

So:

Trump is found to have raped a woman by a court of law.  Republicans: "Of course he didn't do it."

Harris wins elections.  Republicans: "Of course she slept her way to the top."

Funny.

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

... Perhaps the skinny regent thinks she slept with the electorate.

Think?

Do you have any evidence he actually thinks?

All I've seen is parroting Russian propaganda and Fox "news' talking points.

Which is kind of redundant because they are virtually identical.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Because of people like you.

Actually, it's because of the death grip Trump has on the Republican party.

He's really the only viable candidate right now (and for the forseeable future). 

Most of the other 'candidates' are vying for the VP slot.
Given how close Pence came to a 'necktie party' on Jan 6, I can't understand why they'd want it, but then again, they're pretty stupid.

Biden has done an amazing job so far, but he's really never been super popular.

I'm not a big fan of him, despite his successes. I'm far more of a fan than I was in 2020, but that's still not all that much.

That's why "generic Democrat" did better in one of the polls than Biden.

HOWEVER...

There's no way I won't vote for Biden if he's the candidate. 
Even if Trump isn't. 

As I've said more than once, I'd vote for Howdy Doody, with Clarabelle the Clown as his running mate over ANY R candidate.

I don't think I'm alone in that.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

As I've said more than once, I'd vote for Howdy Doody, with Clarabelle the Clown as his running mate over ANY R candidate

I wouldn't vote for Biden or Trump but maybe Buffalo Bob with Alfred E. Neuman as VP. on the independent ticket.