Voting with their feet

(edited)
4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Blue states losing congressional seats:

California, New York, Illinois, Michigan 

Red states gaining congressional seats:

Florida, Texas, Montana, North Carolina 

Discuss 

What's to discuss?  The Redite migration to places of no imagination continues apace. When are you going?

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

The new indictments are coming down right now. trump and 19 others charged. trump LOST the last elections. For midterms the GOP was dismally short of what the normal shift in power is expected.

But as a hard core FOX loving, trump hand kissing republican, Brent is trying for distraction.

Distraction from the last election. Distraction from four indictments. Distraction from the idea that a bonafide LOSER is leading the GOP to the next election losses.

Discussion over.

• Like 1

(edited)

By Friday the 25th at Noon Trump and all 19 named defendants must either volunteer for arrest or face consequences. If they book the bastard I have a bottle of 1996 Grand Cru Burgundy that will be sacrificed.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

People are moving from Georgia to Florida because Georgia is far too corrupt to remain there. They are voting with their feet.

These are the same people who think that The Donald is well-characterized by their T-shirts likening him to the second coming; who think that it's better to hurt someone you disagree with than it is to improve your own lot, because perception is reality.

Me, I moved to a place where I can buy local produce and meat much of the year, and support local businesses instead of big box stores. Where I can hike and bike from close to home, and where small towns DO try things. Like setting up community care departments, to offload mental health calls from the police. Like improving rather than defunding their libraries. Like buying hybrid vehicles for public departments. Like helping to fund public transit. Like having local newspapers. Like valuing education to the degree that nearly every kid in the state has access to a good vocational school (most with a waiting list) as well as a regular high school. And, yes, studying reparations.

Life is good.

Wendy P.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Slim King said:

Over a thousand people a day move to Florida. I'd bet the majority are conservatives escaping the insanity of Blue States.

I bet that the majority - of migrants to Florida - are baby-boomers retiring to a warm climate.

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

... studying reparations.

Life is good.

Wendy P.

Why California is paying reparations to Afro-Americans is a mystery to me.

The last time there were any slaves in California was under Spanish rule. Most of those slaves were of Native American descent. Many of those slaves were held by Catholic missions. How the Catholic Church reconciled enslavement with saving souls and bringing native Americans to Christ is a mystery to me????????

Those reparations will cost California tax-payers even more. California is already a ridiculously expensive place to operate a factory. Back in 1994, Manley Butler laid me off as he announced that he was moving his factory from California to Virginia. 

In 1997 Sandy Reid laid me off as he announced that he was moving Rigging Innovations factory from California to Arizona.

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

These are the same people who think that The Donald is well-characterized by their T-shirts likening him to the second coming; who think that it's better to hurt someone you disagree with than it is to improve your own lot, because perception is reality.

Me, I moved to a place where I can buy local produce and meat much of the year, and support local businesses instead of big box stores. Where I can hike and bike from close to home, and where small towns DO try things. Like setting up community care departments, to offload mental health calls from the police. Like improving rather than defunding their libraries. Like buying hybrid vehicles for public departments. Like helping to fund public transit. Like having local newspapers. Like valuing education to the degree that nearly every kid in the state has access to a good vocational school (most with a waiting list) as well as a regular high school. And, yes, studying reparations.

Life is good.

Wendy P.

The equation:

Wendy(fulfilled life)............................................then there is Slim and BH.(....well whatever)

• Like 1