3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

No. We aren't 'surrounded by evil'.

I don't disagree with the 'you never know when it will come', but to pretend we live in a time and place where it's necessary to be armed and the unarmed are at the mercy of the 'thugs' is just silly.

There was a post by BillEisle (sp?) a month or so ago about people leaving their guns in their unlocked cars at night and the guns being stolen.

So these people live in a place so dangerous and crime-infested that they feel the need to have a gun in their car at all times, yet leave it unlocked in the driveway at night?

So who should be armed then??

And I agree with you it is irresponsible to leave your firearms unattended in your vehicle 

• Like 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Also I do not pretend anything…

I ask again for anyone willing to answer, who exactly should be armed?? And who’s life is worth defending??? 

Hi Alex,

For me, only LEO's & the military.  I would also add Border Patrol, etc; however, I do consider them LEO's.

I've travelled in Asia, So. America, Europe & a bunch of No. America.  Plus, 44 of the US states.  I have never had the need to carry a gun/rifle/etc.  

I do not consider that I live with evil all around me.

Will someone come into my house tonite & kill me?  Less probability than someone coming to my granddaughter's school and blazing away.

In my entire lifetime, I have only known of one person who ever fired a gun inside of a house.  He shot himself in his leg.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

The people in that town in Texas would disagre Jerry, some kid just showed up for no apparent reason and started wrecking a bunch of babies brother. After he shots his grandmother in the face and took to the road in a rampage.

where did he come from, if not from amongst us??

3 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

So in your opinion only LEO’s should carry is that correct?

so nobody else should carry to defend themselves or somebody else?

Hi Alex,

Possibly your reading skills need improvement.  I posted:  only LEO's & the military.  I would also add Border Patrol, etc; however, I do consider them LEO's.

Re:  so nobody else should carry to defend themselves or somebody else?

When I consider the carnage that continues to take place in this country, I would support this.

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, porpoishead said:

I’ve seen a lot of stats cited in this discussion.

how about some home invasion stats??

how about some carjacking stats??

you guys got any of those you care to discuss??

Hi Alex,

Actually, I think it is proper form for YOU to post those stats that you want to discuss.

Do not ask me to do your work for you.

Jerry Baumchen

There are lots of responsible gun owners in the US and Alex is likely one of them. BIGUN is the only pro-gun advocate that ever suggested compromises in ownership laws. At least as far as this forum is concerned that I've noticed.

The problem arises from the hundreds of millions of them. Combined with the easy access to them that criminals, children and the deranged seem to have. Then make use of.

This shooting will unfortunately drive more gun sales not less. A small percentage of those sales will kill more innocent Americans. Because a percentage of all legal sales always ends up in the hands of the aforementioned criminals, children and the deranged.

A refusal to compromise is why in part I believe there is no hope for change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, porpoishead said:

You can “pretend” that there is no evil lurking around any corner, me I live in reality and I am prepared to defend myself and any other innocents from somebody having a bad day

You are fantasizing, plain and simple. Also, just to make things easier could you please collect your thoughts into a single post instead of several? And, as this is a public forum it would be nice to know to who or what you are directing comments. 

• Like 1

Phil I for one am open to the discussion. 

There’s  millions of people that are armed or travel with an armed detail for a bunch of different threats.

Somehow in the indiscriminate attack on some inanimate object with a bunch of bullshit statistics to go along I’m told I’m the problem, that it is my attitude that is the problem.

these guys don’t live in my world they don’t do what I do so it’s foolish to try and tell me if I should or should not be armed or what I should be armed with.

This is just a general comment Joe,

I have a lot of different firearms that I use for a lot of different things all for legal purposes. What someone else owns or uses for all legal purposes doesn’t mean anything to me, and I don’t care to tell anyone what they should and should not have or use.