5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

On 10/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Rich,

Re:  You once made the analogy of co2 as blankets on the planet that can't be removed

I have over 12k posts, so I do not remember each & everyone.  This one that you refer is very strange to me.  Care to inform me where I said that?  If you cannot or choose not to, please remove it from your post.

Jerry Baumchen

Re:  I knew there was something special about you!

Nope, just another swinging dick in the population.

If you didn't use the analogy then I was mistaken, the exercise in narrative destruction is never wasteful. I found your agreement reserved, yet special, nonetheless.

Why would a Union Member, Public school teacher not send their child to a public school of their employment. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-teachers-union-president-enrolled-child-in-private-school-sources-confirm/3223077/

11 hours ago, richravizza said:

Conservatives don't opposes education . . . 

Perhaps not - but republicans certainly do.   Republican Doug Mastriano wants to cut funding to all public schools in his districts by 100%, and replace all funding with vouchers that cover only half the cost of education.  The House GOP education bill cuts public school funding by 28%, and would result in 224,00 public school teachers being fired - almost all in low income areas.  61% of republicans think schooling has a NEGATIVE effect on the US.  65% want the Department of Education's budget cut.  66% of republicans are OK with having the history of slavery taught but do not want any mention on the effects of slavery on black people after slavery.

And of course there are the book banners and educational program cutters.  Most of the people trying to ban books are republicans, coming out of groups like  Moms For Liberty and No Left Turn in Education.  The books they want to ban are generally books about growing up as an LGBT or minority kid, and books about systemic racism.  Greg Abbott came up with a list of around 850 books that "might make students feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress because of their race or sex" - including if a white kid feels bad that whites enslaved blacks 150 years ago.  Banning "CRT" from schools has been very popular.  This is even worse since CRT isn't taught in public schools, which means they are trying to conflate CRT with something like the history of slavery in order to ban it.  Florida schools now teach that slavery benefited black people, by order of the state.

Wow your whipped..How did a STEM MIT grad become so partisan.A Maoist of moral authority, from liberalism to Despotism.

I hate to tell you this, but education - especially STEM education -  makes you more liberal.  Conservatives think that their "beliefs" trump reality; that's why conservatives believe that vaccines don't work or change your DNA, they believe that evolution doesn't exist, they believe that the climate isn't changing, or that we have nothing to do with that.   They believe that there are no natural trans people so being trans is unnatural and sick.  The more educated you are the harder it is to maintain those misconceptions.

This is the underlying reason that republicans oppose education so much, and try to either cancel it or cripple it.  The less educated people are, the more likely they are to vote republican.  A high school dropout, for example, is only 26% likely to consider themselves liberal.  Someone with postgraduate education is 54% likely to consider themselves liberal.  Thus for conservatives the answer is clear - destroy public education and win more elections.  And while any reasonable person would see this as a bad outcome (uneducated people are more likely to be poor, kill themselves etc) the republican party these days sees elections as a battle to be won at all costs; 41% of Trump supporters see violence as acceptable to ensure their political agenda wins out.

If you are willing to maim and kill to see your guy win, then ending schooling for the same purposes is an even easier sell.

image.png.353a91505fbcc33a615d069a3922f12c.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richravizza said:

Why would a Union Member, Public school teacher not send their child to a public school of their employment. 

Because that particular school sucks, perhaps?

This is as dumb as the argument "Obama bought a house only 10 feet above sea level so obviously he doesn't believe in climate change."

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 5:31 PM, Slim King said:

Disney, The Mouse Betrayed, written in 1998 predicts virtually every aspect of Disneys downfall and WHY!!!!!! WOKE was in the making long  ago and it is as sick as it gets.

Dear Slim, I found a redeeming quality in Iger, and Disney as of late.  I think they might have learned a lesson. It was on the third page, disney dining of all places.

What lead to the "DISNEY Downfall". Boiled down to one simple word... In Igers words, Disney lost its 'SOUL". 

They could pay me for 'Quad I" training ; Intensive Introspectral interpersonal intersectional training.

Welcome to the Panderverse. If there's ever a problem, just Put a chick in it, and make her gay!! LOL

As for 0bama's house on the West coast. .Luxury Beliefs have no consequence. LOL

The seawall that protects his property is fine.https://www.propublica.org/article/oceanfront-property-tied-to-obama-granted-exemption-from-hawaiis-environmental-laws

Edited by richravizza

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

Dear Slim, I found a redeeming quality in Iger, and Disney as of late.  I think they might have learned a lesson. It was on the third page, disney dining of all places.

What lead to the "DISNEY Downfall". Boiled down to one simple word... In Igers words, Disney lost its 'SOUL". 

They could pay me for 'Quad I" training ; Intensive Introspectral interpersonal intersectional training.

Welcome to the Panderverse. If there's ever a problem, just Put a chick in it, and make her gay!! LOL

As for 0bama's house on the West coast. .Luxury Beliefs have no consequence. LOL

The seawall that protects his property is fine.https://www.propublica.org/article/oceanfront-property-tied-to-obama-granted-exemption-from-hawaiis-environmental-laws

Hi rich,

From your link, it is not Obama's house.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Reading does not equal comprehension.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi rich,

From your link, it is not Obama's house.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Reading does not equal comprehension.

He will live in.

Like  windmills in the Waimea Valley lol

https://www.propublica.org/article/obama-and-the-beach-house-loopholes

Does it change the Facts that he lives life in a "luxury belief system." where there are no consequences.

Enjoy.

Edited by richravizza

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Just more PROGRAMMING!!!!!

Victoria's secret, and the women's pageants, I guess "everything that goes woke, goes to shit" 

just a slight of hand, since the term liberalism is a wide tent, I wonder how many Leftist would, could self identify.

blm Chicago really highlights the disconnect.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/10/blm-chicago-under-fire-for-pro-palestine-post-featuring-paragliding-terrorist/

The Canopy image pissed me off. ,

From TMZ LOL

to the rag LA times, some are getting an education.

The knee jerk of these idiot, to immediately back an "underdog" and instantly see ...The oppressed - oppressor narrative, they have been taught so well.

I don't think I've ever referenced The Atlantic but, so be it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/10/decolonization-narrative-dangerous-and-false/675799/

Edited by richravizza
ref Atlantic

On 10/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, billvon said:

"If you can't question the science IT'S NOT SCIENCE!"

The CDC and NHIS recommend children 6 mo. old get a c19 vax, In Australia it's six yrs old and Sweden, and the UK if I'm not mistaken, don't recommend them at all. So a healthy girl should have about 40 Boosters before her child bearing years,seems like good  science. 

Does that apply to masks, lockdowns and natural immunity. The efficacy question alone should leave you with a bitter taste. The University's responsibility to insure student freedom,morphed into a boot on the neck, mandate in order to attend.

Just for due process sake, what did you find so incoherent that you banned me.I thought the Quote feature could clarify an issue between us.

We're experiencing another dunkleflute in So.Cal.So we're grounded.It's only Honesty that I seek.

As for the un american cancel culture you like to weild.

https://x.com/ginacarano/status/1724506483281535257?s=20

6 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The CDC and NHIS recommend children 6 mo. old get a c19 vax, In Australia it's six yrs old and Sweden, and the UK if I'm not mistaken, don't recommend them at all. So a healthy girl should have about 40 Boosters before her child bearing years,seems like good  science. 

Does that apply to masks, lockdowns and natural immunity. The efficacy question alone should leave you with a bitter taste. The University's responsibility to insure student freedom,morphed into a boot on the neck, mandate in order to attend.

Just for due process sake, what did you find so incoherent that you banned me.I thought the Quote feature could clarify an issue between us.

We're experiencing another dunkleflute in So.Cal.So we're grounded.It's only Honesty that I seek.

As for the un american cancel culture you like to weild.

https://x.com/ginacarano/status/1724506483281535257?s=20

Sweden doesn't require them, but vaccinations are both free and optional (but recommended). Without as many people who have decoupled science from life (i.e. they remember that the reason these diseases aren't around any more isn't that we got lucky, it's that we got vaccinated). I don't know if they're required in the UK, but they're certainly recommended.

Remember polio? Probably not, but it was greatly feared. As was smallpox, and plenty of others. Consider that right now Rwanda is having a huge crisis with cholera. We don't require cholera vaccines, because, well, it's not likely here in the US. But we're so very mobile that the possibility of being exposed is way higher than in some other countries.

We tie school attendance to vaccination. Why? Well, because schoolrooms are little incubation chambers; all that exposure to and with people who don't pay a whole lot of attention to hygiene. And they're not required; if you home school your kids, you don't have to vaccinate them. Remember -- freedom isn't free, and all that.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

. Remember -- freedom isn't free, and all that.

Children's health was never a risk factor, but the vax'd teacher was. The Polio/ Covid  equivalency is a false one.

Need to make a run for Greek food be back soon.

PS I like your smile.

I love Ginas feed always a nugget.

3 hours ago, richravizza said:

Children's health was never a risk factor

Over 1000 school age kids died in the US due to COVID.  They were absolutely at risk - and we are fortunate there were not far more deaths due to shutdowns, masking and eventually vaccines.

An even bigger risk was that kids would get sick and take the disease home to their parents and grandparents, which WERE the biggest risk group.

The Polio/ Covid  equivalency is a false one.

Ah!  Someone else who doesn't understand the difference between a comparison and an equivalency. 

It is, however, a good comparison.  The polio pandemic killed about 6600 people, most of whom were under 5.  School age kids represented 2000 of those deaths.  Fairly close to COVID school age numbers'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Do not post ANY propaganda (videos, links, memes, text) without commentary.  This is a discussion board, not a social media dissemination site.

Propaganda LOL 

Where's My quote I asked you for ? 

I would like to discuss your incoherency when it comes to my posts, the reasoning you claim for  banning me?

I guess I could go back in time to Pravda, Twitter 1.0 or we can get censored as much as we need on Threads. LOL

What commentary do you need, do I have to explain who Kathleen Kennedy is, Or Gina Carano, there's a clue in her profile pic. A fuzzy rabbit with a mace on her shoulder. LOL

Loosen up Francis,

Edited by richravizza

8 hours ago, richravizza said:

Hi wendy other than the warning has bill ever banned you?

The banning is just a function of the number of warnings you’ve had since the new software a few years ago. No deciding involved on our part. Get enough warnings, and you get banned for an increasing period of time automatically. We don’t decide the length

Wendy P. 

10 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The banning is just a function of the number of warnings you’ve had since the new software a few years ago. No deciding involved on our part. Get enough warnings, and you get banned for an increasing period of time automatically. We don’t decide the length

Wendy P. 

Ok I'll rephrase, has Bill ever given you a warning; have you ever given him a warning?

Edited by richravizza

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I've only been a moderator for about 4 years; never a warning before or after. I don't know about Bill. None since I became a moderator, but it didn't work the same before, and I wasn't there. 

Wendy P.

I thought intoxication was a prerequisite. LOL joking aside;

If your a moderator and you assume someone intoxicated... do you get to warn them? 

If you assume someone aggressive assertive and absurd...do you get to warn them? 

If  you assume a poster "attacked" another with their words ...do you get to warn them?