2 2
skymiles

Rush Limbaugh Dead at 70

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

A lot of the posters above are actually right-leaning, some of them have voted Republican for decades.

And I mean the old conservatism. The GOP kneels to only one man now.

You mean you only follow the ramblings of one man?

Who said anything about one man?

12 minutes ago, nomasoyo said:

Well that proves it. I guess you know now. The cat is out of the bag. We are coming for you and your ilk with blood in our eyes. All those extra weapons being sold? Yup. You know now. 

23 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Yep. He was all about getting people riled up, so that they'd tell their friends, and get their friends to listen too.

I read his first two books years ago, and thought he made some good points.  He also had odd, irrational hatreds.  He detested Rio Linda, for example, and he regularly used them as an example of everything that was wrong with the US.

Which was odd.  I lived in Sacramento for a while, and I flew out of a tiny airport in Rio Linda.  And they weren't any better or worse than any other small town in central CA.  Very small (at the time) but just a bunch of low income people living there.  The people in the stores and the little restaurants I went to were as nice as anyone else in Sacramento.

When I heard his show for the first time I realized what he was doing.  He needed targets for hate, so in the book he picked Rio Linda.  On the air it was whatever caught his fancy, and people ate up that hate.  They loved it - and he worked to amplify it.

So today there's one less smart guy in the world, lost to cancer, and that's too bad.  But there's also a little less hate in the world. And that's a good thing.

4 minutes ago, nomasoyo said:

You lefties always push false narrative without any proof....typical!

False narratives?  Like global warming is happening?  Vaccines work?  Biden won the election?  Science is real?  The earth is round?  False narratives like that?

11 minutes ago, billvon said:

False narratives?  Like global warming is happening?  Vaccines work?  Biden won the election?  Science is real?  The earth is round?  False narratives like that?

Do we have conclusive proof for most of that? According to Al Gore, and a some scientists from the early 90's, we were supposed to be under water by now?

damn, this would be fun if i weren't in a hurry.  i kind of miss that odd debate, now that i seem to have made my timeline a little nicer when i blocked someone.  i do have a hard time swallowing that anyone can actually believe the crap that is spewing forth here, in the comment just above this one.

20 minutes ago, nomasoyo said:

Do we have conclusive proof for most of that? According to Al Gore, and a some scientists from the early 90's, we were supposed to be under water by now?

You can't help yourself, can you?   Edited "quotes", outright lies.  I bet you're a Trump supporter.

8 minutes ago, kallend said:

You can't help yourself, can you?   Edited "quotes", outright lies.  I bet you're a Trump supporter.

Here we go again...another lib creating a false narrative with no evidence to back their position. You guys are easy. I know facts are scary but at least try next time!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/01/al-gore-doomsday-clock-expires-climate-change-fanatics-wrong-again/

Just now, airdvr said:

Well Bill, it does until you have to identify gender.

Why do you have to identify gender? And how about people for whom it really doesn't work -- which piece of it do you want to ignore so that you can cram them into the box? The extra sex organs (it happens), the missing sex organs (it happens).

The people are more important than the classification.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Russian troll. Picked up the handle from the Solara hack. Second coming of royreader.

Except the ID was set up 14+ years ago. I'm not sure dz.com is worth a sleeper cell.I do agree he sounds bot or troll-like, it's just that ID age thing...

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Except the ID was set up 14+ years ago. I'm not sure dz.com is worth a sleeper cell.I do agree he sounds bot or troll-like, it's just that ID age thing...

Wendy P.

How can you be sure the original owner who set it up, is still in control of it?

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

That's why I said the handle came from the hack! Fancy Bear just picked an inactive ID!

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Home DZ Skydive Houston

Number of Jumps 1238

Years in Sport  18

Hey Wendy; Don't you know a few people from there?

Too many, and too many that probably share those opinions, although generally a little more intelligently.

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Back in the early nineties, everyone said, "You gotta listen to this guy!" Was driving back from grad school one day and caught him. Couldn't take 15 minutes of it. Click. Ain't heard a word since. I think it was a time when the signal to noise ratio inverted. 

Hi Keith,

Re:  Couldn't take 15 minutes of it. Click. Ain't heard a word since.

About 30 yrs ago, we had a contractor located in Lancaster, SC.  I went down there many times; lodged in Charlotte, NC - about a 30 minute drive to Lancaster.  

In the morning, on the way down, and in the late afternoon, on the way back, I found a radio station I quite liked.  The only problem, when I had to drive into Lancaster for lunch, they had Rush on the air.  10 mins of that idiot, each way, was too much for me.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

Rush may have been sweet as pie in person to those who knew him. And those people may legitimately grieve him. To the world at large he made his living and his calling being a complete fucking asshole. No one should be the least surprised that those he loved to make hate him do hate him and are glad to see him gone. And from what I know of him and his habits a long period of suffering through lung cancer was appropriate.