3 3
brenthutch

Lefties and lockdowns

2 minutes ago, nwt said:

Who said that? Can you quote?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

The problem that Westerly was alluding to, where vaccination centers have doses available and just don't want to, or are unwilling to, administer them (or schedule vaccinations) is almost nonexistent as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Do you understand the difference between "never" and "almost nonexistent"?

Yea, they are basically the same thing in this context. I said it is happening, he said it is not, and I was correct and he was incorrect. Stop changing the subject. Something that is 'almost nonexistent' would not yield countless articles of occurance in a lackadaisical 60 second google search, nor would it yield me personally knowing 4 people who got the vaccination for that exact reason. It's happening fairly frequently.

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

Yea, they are basically the same thing in this context. I said it is happening, he said it is not, and I was correct and he was incorrect. Stop changing the subject. Something that is 'almost nonexistent' would not yield countless articles of occurance in a lackadaisical 60 second google search

No they don't, and that would be assessed by % of doses wasted, not by number of articles.

2 minutes ago, Westerly said:

nor would it yield me personally knowing 4 people

Again, this is the solution that discredits the point you're trying to make.

Just now, nwt said:

Again, this is the solution that discredits the point you're trying to make.

It dosent because most people are not going to pharmacies and just hanging out all day for multiple days in hopes of getting a discarded vaccination shot. In most cases the shots to be discarded are just discarded and they are not given to anyone. That is not a solution. The solution is they need to be administered, even if it's to an 18 year old Olympic athlete. Someone is better than no one.

Yea, they are basically the same thing in this context.

Yea, so they are basically not the same thing. Literally not the same thing. Really not the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Something that is 'almost nonexistent' would not yield countless articles of occurance in a lackadaisical 60 second google search, nor would it yield me personally knowing 4 people who got the vaccination for that exact reason.

Google voter fraud and compare. Your reasoning is laughable.

You guys have an interesting view on the world. The vaccination roll out is going perfect. No vaccinations are ever discarded. Everyone who needs a vaccination will get one. EV cars are the savior of mankind and everyone who works at McDonalds making $9 an hour should buy a Tesla to save their future. What's next? I am excited to hear the next argument.

(edited)
1 minute ago, headoverheels said:

Of concern, but not that significant.

Significant enough that I personally know four people who got their vaccination through that loophole. How many people do you think I know? 50,000?

Edited by Westerly

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

Significant enough that I personally know four people who got their vaccination through that loophole. How many people do you think I know? 50,000?

For the 3rd time, that's 4 doses that weren't wasted...

(edited)
3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You are concerned vaccines are getting thrown out because you know 4 people who got a vaccine that wasn't thrown out.

Brilliant.

The argument is and has been from the beginning, 'vaccinations are rarely thrown away'. They are thrown away frequently as I have cited and referenced several times, with thousands of confirmed doses ending up in the trash.

Edited by Westerly

4 minutes ago, nwt said:

For the 3rd time, that's 4 doses that weren't wasted...

Yes, but you fail to understand that those exact examples made it into people's arms ONLY because someone showed up at the last possible second to claim them. Vaccinations that were, with absolute certainty, going to be thrown away. In most cases, pharmacies dont have people camping out all day just waiting to catch unused doses, and they do in fact end up trashed exactly like the 5000 articles I posed demonstrate. 

Just now, Westerly said:

You keep changing the subject as if that is going to buy you any ground--it wont. The argument is and has been from the beginning, 'vaccinations are rarely thrown away'. They are thrown away frequently as I have cited and referenced several times, with thousands of confirmed doses ending up in the trash.

And one of your "data points" is the 4 people you personally know who got the vaccine.

Another issue with your logic. If you throw out 1 dose every day, you can comfortably state you are throwing out vaccine frequently. If you administer 100,000 doses every day the spillage is almost nonexistent, even if you are throwing vaccine out frequently.

These are all very basic and simple concepts.

Just now, Westerly said:

Yes, but you fail to understand that those exact examples made it into people's arms ONLY because someone showed up at the last possible second to claim them. Vaccinations that were, with absolute certainty, going to be thrown away. In most cases, pharmacies dont have people camping out all day just waiting to catch unused doses, and they do in fact end up trashed exactly like the 5000 articles I posed demonstrate. 

This is all your own personal speculation.

Just now, SkyDekker said:

Another issue with your logic. If you throw out 1 dose every day, you can comfortably state you are throwing out vaccine frequently. If you administer 100,000 doses every day the spillage is almost nonexistent, even if you are throwing vaccine out frequently.

Name any pharmacy that gives out 100k does a day. That is ridiculous. Most pharmacies do like 100 a day. So yea, when like a dozen or more doses end up in the trash in a day where only 100 were administered, that is not insignificant. 

Just now, Westerly said:

Name any pharmacy that gives out 100k does a day. That is ridiculous. Most pharmacies do like 100 a day. So yea, when like a dozen or more doses end up in the trash in a day where only 100 were administered, that is not insignificant.

Oh and you think because you found a few reports of this happening at one pharmacy, that means it happens at all vaccine facilities.

Brilliant.

You didn't read his post, did you.