3 3
brenthutch

Lefties and lockdowns

38 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

More on lockdowns

I dare you to walk into a COVID Ward and see just how devastating this virus is on the human body - hell, go see someone who has facetime as they monitor their dying loved one in the hospital. Don't get me wrong; I do believe we need to re-open the economy, but after we get this virus under control. You know, our grandparents sacrificed so much more during WWII (everything was rationed) and we came together to face a foreign enemy.

We need to come together for this enemy also. God forbid someone misses out on their Starbucks or sumpin.   We as a nation have zero fucking patience to get through anything anymore. 

Edited by BIGUN
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I dare you to walk into a COVID Ward and see just how devastating this virus is on the human body -

Some, human bodies.  The VAST majority of COVID cases have symptoms that are either mild or nonexistent.  My son had a friend over yesterday who recently had covid, the only reason they knew he had it was he was exposed and subsequently tested positive, no symptoms, tested again positive, still no symptoms, tested again....cleared.

What happens if the vaccines don’t work on the new mutations?  Wait another year for a new batch of vaccines?

Lockdowns to COVID is what abstinence was to AIDS.  It works in the abstract, just not in reality.

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The VAST majority of COVID cases have symptoms that are either mild or nonexistent.

Irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that 500k Americans are dead. The mitigations are for them, not the asymptomatic.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I dare you to walk into a COVID Ward and see just how devastating this virus is on the human body - hell, go see someone who has facetime as they monitor their dying loved one in the hospital. Don't get me wrong; I do believe we need to re-open the economy, but after we get this virus under control. You know, our grandparents sacrificed so much more during WWII (everything was rationed) and we came together to face a foreign enemy.

We need to come together for this enemy also. God forbid someone misses out on their Starbucks or sumpin.   We as a nation have zero fucking patience to get through anything anymore. 

Hi Keith,

Re:  We as a nation have zero fucking patience to get through anything anymore. 

^^^^^^ THIS!!!

Jerry Baumchen

PS) What do you mean Starbucks is closed today.  Oh, what will I ever do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

It’s not my assertion, it is Cuomo’s you’ll have to take it up with him.

I don't see where he says fewer people would have died without mitigations.

And this is almost a year old so it wouldn't be relevant if he did say it.

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I don't know whether Cuoma was saying something someone told him to say, but it reminds me of statistics 101. "95% of drivers have accidents within five miles of their house." 

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/florida-california-see-covid-19-declines-despite-different-approaches/

“But despite the two states’ varying approaches this winter, they have yielded similar results....California is currently leading the nation in the total number of cases, but it has nearly twice the number of residents of Florida. 

When the cases are adjusted for population, their tally is about the same.

California has recorded about 8,822 cases per 100,000 people, while Florida has about 8,508 for the same population, data shows.“

Well well well, would you look at that.

Just now, SkyDekker said:

Florida 1,350 deaths per 1,000,000

California 1,200 deaths per 1,000,000

No wonder Brent thinks this is a clear win for Florida.

But this reason and that reason and you must hate kids and Obama did it first.  And her emails. 

(See?  Now you don't have to read his next troll.)