1 1
wmw999

Now we know why Billvon has been quieter lately

9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Could someone enlighten me on the origin of the BillVon/Duck meme?

Hi Robert,

I seem to remember is was something about 'if it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, . . . '

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And, why do you have the avatar that you have?

Edited by JerryBaumchen

49 minutes ago, tonyhays said:

One of the most entertaining movies ever

Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.

OK, I'll admit: Back when I first saw it on rental streaming, I decided after renting it 3 times, it made more sense just to buy the DVD, so I did. 

(edited)
47 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.

OK, I'll admit: Back when I first saw it on rental streaming, I decided after renting it 3 times, it made more sense just to buy the DVD, so I did. 

Edited by JoeWeber

Just now, ryoder said:

My... my wi-, my wife, Bunny? Do you see a wedding ring on my finger? Does this place look like I'm fucking married? The toilet seat's up, man!

So my whatshername, I need to be more observant, was looking at my screen when I typed that. Pretty sure I'll wake up with a cauliflower ear.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, kallend said:

It actually started much earlier. Bill was born to a very poor circumstance and, to be sure, he's made the most of it. As a kid he'd take any job available just to buy food and the mismatched sneakers he's always seen wearing even today. Early on he started trading used baseball gloves which gave him the idea of going to MIT. One day, whilst walking along a street looking for returnables, he noticed one of those Duck Crossing signs you see here and there and had an epiphany. The very next day, after sourcing an appropriate uniform from discards in nearby vacant lots, he stationed himself at one with a cardboard Duck Crossing sign. The genius bit was he charged 5 cents per car. It didn't take long before he was known as the Duck Kid and folks would go out of their way to give him a nickel. He's a real American story and a true inspiration.

• Like 1