1 1
billvon

A further hypothesis on the popularity of Trump

21 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

But...Democrats give away "free stuff."  And illegals, therefore, vote Democrat.  And liberal politicians want their votes...because all politicians want power...government feeds itself...big government.

Thanks for this morning's instalment of 'Fox News Fairytales'.  It strikes me as a little un-Christian for your tastes, but entertaining nonetheless.  

48 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

And Biden is sharp as a razor...with a liberal agenda to boot!  Who wouldn't want that?  Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay

Well, except Trump has run up the debt far more than Biden will.  Traditionally the debt rises much faster under republican presidents than under democratic presidents.

so that people can be "taken care of" by "the government"

Ah, the religious right's famous morality - "not my problem, just let them die."  Just like Christ would have done.

Or...or...we could protect our border, require a legal process, and not reward lawlessness.

Sounds like you'd prefer a democrat then - someone who will require a legal process, not reward lawlessness, and provide a path to citizenship, rather than just toss kids in cages and let them die.

Some data for you.  Upwards is decreasing deficit, downwards is increasing deficit.

deficits.png

42 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

... Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay so that people can be "taken care of" by "the government" from cradle to grave.  ..

"During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.1 Instead, his budget estimates showed that he would actually add at least $8.3 trillion, increasing the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion by 2025" Of which the actual increase during the four years of trump is slightly over $6 trillion.

Do you research your facts or just rely upon feelings?

spacer.png

This is a picture of food lines of Americans seeking food during the last six months. Thats quite christian of you to want to turn them away.

(edited)

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

... so that people can be "taken care of" by "the government" from cradle to grave.  ...

This is the picture of an American child receiving food from a food bank. I'm sorry I don't have the heart to tell her she can't eat that meal. I guess I'm just too liberal. Her name is Kristin Hahn and she is from Charles City Iowa. But it seems as if you don't care.

Christianity, the new American version has better prepared you to being tough on the poor and disadvantaged. You tell her instead.

Edited by Phil1111

54 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

And Biden is sharp as a razor...with a liberal agenda to boot!  Who wouldn't want that?  Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay so that people can be "taken care of" by "the government" from cradle to grave.

And as if by magic, Trumpists who have been silent for 4 years of spending like a sailor on shore leaving suddenly care about the deficit again.

41 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

But...Democrats give away "free stuff."  And illegals, therefore, vote Democrat.  

Ah yes, Schrodinger's immigrant. The guy sneaking across the border planning to steal your job by being a lazy welfare bum.

42 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, except Trump has run up the debt far more than Biden will.  Traditionally the debt rises much faster under republican presidents than under democratic presidents.

Ah, the religious right's famous morality - "not my problem, just let them die."  Just like Christ would have done.

Sounds like you'd prefer a democrat then - someone who will require a legal process, not reward lawlessness, and provide a path to citizenship, rather than just toss kids in cages and let them die.

Some data for you.  Upwards is decreasing deficit, downwards is increasing deficit.

deficits.png

You and those irritating facts.

If he wants to believe in an invisible sky zombie with magical powers, why shouldn't he also believe that Republican administrations are fiscally responsible.

3 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

... Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay...

You mean the way Trump and the Rs cut taxes for the rich to the point that the both the budget deficit (yearly) and the national debt (cumulative) have reached record levels?
We haven't seen a deficit higher than GDP since World War 2, yet Trump managed to achieve it.
And don't forget the billions he wanted to spend on the "Wall" (you know, the one Mexico was going to pay for).

2 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

You know what I mean.  Or...or...we could protect our border, require a legal process, and not reward lawlessness.

But...Democrats give away "free stuff."  And illegals, therefore, vote Democrat.  And liberal politicians want their votes...because all politicians want power...government feeds itself...big government.

No. We don't know what you 'mean'. We only know what you post.

And it's pretty despicable.

There is a legal process. It's very restrictive, and of course, Trump has chosen to take steps to make it as difficult and unpleasant as possible. You know, putting kids in cages and letting them die tends to make parents think twice about trying to enter the country legally. (Helpful hint - showing up at the border and applying for asylum is a legal avenue for immigration)

Please show any evidence of illegals voting.

Just like all the claims of 'voter fraud' in the last election, it's a load of bullshit. 

While there are a few instances of illegals being registered, often by aggressive 'get out the vote' campaigns, there's far more evidence of Republican voter fraud than illegals voting.

Facts don't really matter any more; narratives do. Forget disproving something by countering it -- now the very fact that you're countering it is part of the conspiracy. And it's a shame. Because once you see someone through the lens of a single facet of their belief system, you lose the person.

Wendy P.

22 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:
On 1/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, jaybird18c said:

... Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay...

You mean the way Trump and the Rs cut taxes for the rich to the point that the both the budget deficit (yearly) and the national debt (cumulative) have reached record levels?
We haven't seen a deficit higher than GDP since World War 2, yet Trump managed to achieve it.
And don't forget the billions he wanted to spend on the "Wall" (you know, the one Mexico was going to pay for).

jaybird18c, Please copy and/or post a link of you complaining about the debt (and our grandkids paying for them, etc.)  from one of the threads talking about the Trump tax cuts. You can even reply to this post. I'm too lazy to search for it and it should be very easy for you to link to that post you made. I'm guessing you never made one. But PLEASE prove me wrong!

(edited)
On 1/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, jaybird18c said:

And Biden is sharp as a razor...with a liberal agenda to boot!  Who wouldn't want that?  Keep spending all that taxpayer (our) money (printed) and running up a debt our great grandkids will never be able to pay so that people can be "taken care of" by "the government" from cradle to grave.  Better yet, let's have open borders and do it for anyone who can illegally sneak across our borders...especially those who can squeeze out a baby as soon as they get here!  Great plan!!

Or you could just look at the facts and notice the debt generally get's run up more, with larger deficits during Republican presidencies. If national debt is a concern you have to vote democrat.

Edited by SkyDekker
I see I have been long beaten to this fact.

To be fair, Jaybird didn't start posting again until very recently -- he didn't post about anything during the vast majority of the last 8-9 years, other than a significant presence in the atheists into heaven thread a couple of years ago. So he hasn't posted pro-Trump stuff during that time either.

Wendy P.